Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

geez like 7 thousand just to greet the jjs which was all that were allowed as it was ticketed

Need bigger stadium, can only imagine the afl side

though only in tassie does the national championship winning coach draw a lucky door raffle ticket thing

geez like 7 thousand just to greet the jjs which was all that were allowed as it was ticketed

Need bigger stadium, can only imagine the afl side

though only in tassie does the national championship winning coach draw a lucky door raffle ticket thing
This is the thing with the argument against a Tassie team / stadium. If you get 7k to a less popular sport, you are easily clearing 10k plus for a footy team. If the league is happy to keep GC and GWS running with lesser crowd figures how are they going to argue not to bring in Tassie. The only thing that concerns me is that the stadium won't be big enough for a decent ticket allocation to travelling fans.

This is the thing with the argument against a Tassie team / stadium. If you get 7k to a less popular sport, you are easily clearing 10k plus for a footy team. If the league is happy to keep GC and GWS running with lesser crowd figures how are they going to argue not to bring in Tassie. The only thing that concerns me is that the stadium won't be big enough for a decent ticket allocation to travelling fans.

The Jackjumpers could get 10k every week easily if they built the arena, heck maybe 15-20k a game .

Mind you haven't been s**t yet, but they also had no competition (no one really went for other teams).

The AFL side needs a stadium and really it should host every game, this bs about 3 games North (and I am in the north ) is kind of stupid.

We don't have a footy stadium now, I know we host some bs Kangaroos crap no one goes too in Hobart, and the Hawks here. But they are regional grounds painted up to look okish.

The parking at Bellerieve and traffic is crap just for a local state league game, there is literally none and it's in a corner of a suburb and it's just beyond painful.

Utas Stadium is half temporary stand they put a roof on, parking is a bit better and it's near the " city". Players aren't living in launceston. Hobart is a bit of a sell as it is.

Neither ground has all the infrastructure, for instance both have limited built in food sales, have to get trucks in from local vendors, no training base, no gyms etc .

Actually building stuff like a stadium, like a cable car is what this state needs to do, otherwise why do the kids stay?
It just becomes a retirement home

Sorry bit of a rant 😂

I won't even go for the bloody devils. Swan for life but it will mean so much for people now and growing up to have a team they can see every week if they want.
To me going to see the swans play live is this rare novelty thing, they basically only exist on TV.

I am jealous of you all NSW and VIC members who can get along multiple times. Especially if you are sydney based, just to go to your clubs stadium, with their merch and posters and signs , it seems like nothing , but it's amazing when you only see it from afar

Completely understand. I must say I hate the thinking of debt is bad, don't build it. How about build it now, increase tourism and accomodation occupancy as a result, more cash flows into the state boosting the coffers.

I know we don't agree necessarily on the side of politics but I am happy for us to build new tunnels etc now to benefit in the future because it's not going to get any cheaper any time soon. Delay it and it will double in cost in the next decade. It's why Melbourne needs to get the airport rail sorted or it will never happen.

Completely understand. I must say I hate the thinking of debt is bad, don't build it. How about build it now, increase tourism and accomodation occupancy as a result, more cash flows into the state boosting the coffers.

I know we don't agree necessarily on the side of politics but I am happy for us to build new tunnels etc now to benefit in the future because it's not going to get any cheaper any time soon. Delay it and it will double in cost in the next decade. It's why Melbourne needs to get the airport rail sorted or it will never happen.
Reminds me of the quote: "The best time to plant a tree is 10 years ago. The second best time is today"

My mental health has been s**t this week because of my whining ******* neighbour. I’m tired of having no family in town to look up to when I need someone. Wish I could move so I can be without any ******* neighbours, so I can own more goats and maybe a donkey. The Swans don’t make it any easier for me.
Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

My mental health has been s*t this week because of my whining ****** neighbour. I’m tired of having no family in town to look up to when I need someone. Wish I could move so I can be without any ******* neighbours, so I can own more goats and maybe a donkey. The Swans don’t make it any easier for me.
<take care>

My mental health has been s*t this week because of my whining ****** neighbour. I’m tired of having no family in town to look up to when I need someone. Wish I could move so I can be without any ******* neighbours, so I can own more goats and maybe a donkey. The Swans don’t make it any easier for me.

Feeling any better ? Hope things picking up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do better than me. With my kneecap sitting sideways, I can barely walk at times 🤦

Struggling with flu and had a bloody hip stress fracture last year made it hard

what happened to the knee ?

I need 2 full replacements and stupidly played 2 rounds of golf at Corowa over Easter , but you only live once

Well these surgeries are so you can live life at the end of the day

Struggling with flu and had a bloody hip stress fracture last year made it hard

what happened to the knee ?
Dislocations over the years because of an incident at school that western royboy can tell you since i went to school with him

I’ve had 4 surgeries on my knee and the last one I had was a major reconstruction, this didn’t work. So my kneecap is sitting pretty much outside the socket where it’s meant to be. It makes it hard for me to walk at times.

Thinking of having my patella removed but have doubts over the recovery since I live alone

I don’t go to the football much because I have trouble going up and down steps

I also have steel plates on my ankle when I broke this 4 years ago. I lost balance and fell over and landed backwards on my leg. I had thought I had just sprained my ankle but only realised I had broken it when I had my X-rays.

Attachments

• 677D39DD-AE23-4AA0-9E3D-8D27A303024C.jpeg
    677D39DD-AE23-4AA0-9E3D-8D27A303024C.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back