Random talk thread: real good talking about random stuff n that

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
Yeah, well, I know some of us have indulged in talking crap on the eagles sub-board from time to time, so I figure, why not us? We can talk about stuff pretty good, so I made this thread so we can talk about stuff n things n that.

Feel free to join in.

My greatest ever sporting moment was the hole in one I got at the claremont short course. I used a 8 iron and nailed the 4th hole. Ended up losing the match though, but I was still the champ :thumbsu:

ok ok ok random stuff
My mates and I were talking about the word "kit" used in the soccer term, in regards to the uniform - that being socks, the shirt, shorts etc. Anyway, the point of the discussion was does the word "kit" apply to AFL as well? I know this seems strange, that being mainly because we are quite strange, but I was arguing to our mediator (Chris) that AFL can also use kits, so that leaves us with the question..

Can/Does the word "kit" that is used in soccer, be also used in AFL? Discuss.

Also...

Rocko's Modern Life is pretty rad, got first 2 seasons.

Oh and won Indoor soccer last week 15-0, I got 9 goals - So that leaves the question....Whats a Hypotenuse? Discuss further in or under 3000 words with use of referencing (in text and end text) with direct quotations and use of diagrams.

Kit is not appropriate, gear is.

"just getting my footy gear, then I'll join you for a beer"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"just getting my footy kit, then I'll join you for a larger"

However, if you are drunk at a bucks night the use of the word kit is suitable:

"get ya kit off!!"​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kit is not appropriate, gear is.

"just getting my footy gear, then I'll join you for a beer"

But you put your kit in your kit bag. A gear bag is something totally different. Ben Cousins buys a big gear bag, takes the gear out, weighs it, and divides it into smaller bags.

Bloody thieving Freo supporters. Before you know it this will take you to mod status Stronz like a certain somone on the Eagles board ;).

But you put your kit in your kit bag. A gear bag is something totally different. Ben Cousins buys a big gear bag, takes the gear out, weighs it, and divides it into smaller bags.
That is a very good point, but who does he sell it to? And what does he say hes actually taking to that person :confused:

Any fans of Scrubs up in this hizzouse?

oh my god hell yeah watched all 7 seasons like 5 times :)

Dr. Jan Itor
Turk Turkleton
Guy Love
Super Chocolate Bear
LEGAL CUSTODIANS - Get it? (newer eps)
Maybe there's a penny stuck in there?
Newbieeee
Your just jealous because your mums deaddd
etc i could go on :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back