Random Discussion Thread 134- It's Coming Home? No

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I was working and didn't watch or listen to the game

Did I miss much?

Anything interesting happen?
Standard derby, one we won easily without incident.

See ya next week v Port

:shoutyoldman:

So I was working and didn't watch or listen to the game

Did I miss much?

Anything interesting happen?

70cc43401b64f0b7568ba87d10fba926.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hundreds and hundreds of punches are thrown each year in the AFL, yet this one is a criminal act because it broke a jaw.

I guess this is kind of how it works in the real world...you get penalised for the damage incurred by the other party.

But s**t, it just feels like there are so many other on-field acts each year that are just as bad, committed by known repeat offenders, and no one mentions criminal charges.

Hundreds and hundreds of punches are thrown each year in the AFL, yet this one is a criminal act because it broke a jaw.

I guess this is kind of how it works in the real world...you get penalised for the damage incurred by the other party.

But s**t, it just feels like there are so many other on-field acts each year that are just as bad, committed by known repeat offenders, and no one mentions criminal charges.
It’s a real grey area for me.

Why shouldn’t hits like Gaff’s and Hall’s land them in legal trouble? If they committed the same act 20m away over the boundary they’d get hauled off by the police.

Why does being on the sporting field grant them some weird immunity? Maybe players who physically assault opponents should spend a night in lock up.

It’s a real grey area for me.

Why shouldn’t hits like Gaff’s and Hall’s land them in legal trouble? If they committed the same act 20m away over the boundary they’d get hauled off by the police.

Why does being on the sporting field grant them some weird immunity? Maybe players who physically assault opponents should spend a night in lock up.
I guess because it is covered by a system all participants agree to and physical contact is allowed unless your are Nic, Brashaw was contesting gaff (illegally) and Gaff responded (Illegally) so that he could play the game

Who is culpable - \
Umpires who penalise Brashaw for blocking 100m from the ball according to lyon - then not response from gaff
lyon for coachin the illegal tactic - can he actually coach so he may have a defence
gaff for responding to Brashaw
the AFL and the media for their endless promotion of the derby a sa punch up - I am sure yesterdays skirmishes will be used next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back