Play Nice Random Discussion II - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

I have always wondered what the bottle shops are like down there, these days.

I won't lie - I didn't mind lockdown the first time. Now it almost feels normal. Not wearing a mask in public makes my face feel naked.

Agree.. lockdown #1 seemed like a bit of a novelty to start with..

I understand that you are upset that I called you out on your unsubstantiated "several young players are upset and want to leave and I have proof but I'm not prepared to show it" rumour.

Merely regurgitating commentary from other posters such as Soapy V from other forums is not proof.

But give it a rest - a half joking post to someone telling us how good qld is, is hardly a good reason to have a tantrum. Heap of my mates that i played footy with still live up there and the great weather/humidity schtick is an ongoing joke that we have.

Nobody thinks that all Queensland's are racist (despite them having some fine examples).

Nobody thinks that everyone that lives in Queensland is emotionally invested in state of origin.

These things are generalisms (like us saying that every * supporter is a drug cheat apologist).

Stop being so precious. You might be best to put me on ignore.
Can't we just go with the "Queensland is great except for the Queenslanders" joke and be done with it?

Do you like unicorns as well????

People are jumping ship because they are realizing, there is more to life than working at a desk job in Melbourne. I'm in lockdown in NSW, tee shirt and shorts on. Been for a walk to Syd Harbour today and will do the same tomorrow. My Brissy mates are playing golf today in the same attire! We all own boats and use them! Our kids live outside because the weather allows to enjoy themselves.

I'm Melbourne born and bread and I love my upbringing but its never going to be like that again. My mates there are really struggling with life in general and they are all looking to move, for their children and to enjoy life...

With all due respect being unable to play Golf is one of the main pet irritants I have with people in Melbourne like Sam Newman.

Like Golf is an essential exercise. Like hell it is. Would love it if they were all shut down and turned into Nature Reserves .

And no lockdown/curfew is not going to last forever

With all due respect being unable to play Golf is one of the main pet irritants I have with people in Melbourne like Sam Newman.

Like Golf is an essential exercise. Like hell it is. Would love it if they were all shut down and turned into Nature Reserves .

OK!

Even if they were all turned into nature reserves, it's still too bloody cold in Melbourne to enjoy them!

The Golf thing is just an example, you could go fishing, actually take the kids to a park and not freeze your proverbial off.

Lockdown will not last forever but the number of people not returning to Victoria will, unless they are migrating from O/S or studying...

I work in Big Business and the trend for them is to move north, why, cheaper and makes sense to be where the action is/will be moving forward...

I feel like Melbourne is only getting better. A lot of the people jumping ship are absolute dropkicks (not at all casting aspersions on people here, there are many good reasons for a move. Just a big chunk of those leaving watch Sky News and are antivaxxers we are better off without )

Laughable

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I did 3 years in Brisbane and it is by far the worst place that I have lived (includes Melbourne, Sydney and U.K.)

This is based on;
* dark at 6.30 p.m. in the middle of summer.
* 6 months ridiculous humidity.
* endemic casual racism
* small regional city mentality

Nice place to holiday or even to go to die but not so much to live. Covid will sort itself out in due course. Don't drink the qld kool aid. You are talking about a state that somehow justifies its importance in the result of a rugby league game.

Generalisations much. Pissweak

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't we all just get along :rainbow:

Feels like being in the cast of Community here sometimes :)

I am most like Troy, I think. Heart is in the right place but prone to hysterical

meltdowns and sometimes saying the wrong thing.

GrotesquePoorIridescentshark-max-1mb.gif

If you are a fan of the show, I'll let you decide which posters here resemble the other characters on the show.. (Got a good idea who i think Shirley is, but I'm not saying lol)

Re-watching it again right now during curfew/lockdown, a most welcome distraction :)

I feel like Melbourne is only getting better. A lot of the people jumping ship are absolute dropkicks (not at all casting aspersions on people here, there are many good reasons for a move. Just a big chunk of those leaving watch Sky News and are antivaxxers we are better off without 😂)

I’d love to get an understanding of why you think this?

Also if you don’t mind me asking what do you do for a career?

sounds like the scene from the great movie Falling Down
Bill Foster: I guess you're out of luck. Your little cart's gonna drown. Now aren't you sorry for not letting me pass through your golf course? Bill Foster: Yeah, and you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat.

What a bizarre thing to say.

sounds like the scene from the great movie Falling Down
Bill Foster: I guess you're out of luck. Your little cart's gonna drown. Now aren't you sorry for not letting me pass through your golf course? Bill Foster: Yeah, and you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat.

I watched Falling Down just last week actually..One of the best movie's ever

I'm just standing up for my rights as a consumer :)

And the amazing thing is, Bill Foster still comes across as a lot more stable and far less crazy than so many of the nutters who are anti-vax and attended those Freedom Day protests yesterday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back