Play Nice Random Discussion II - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved here from Melbourne nine years ago and would never go back - it's like being on a permanent holiday. Only downside is my footy team is Melbourne based, we're lucky to see one game a year up here. Melbourne is good for visiting & for the record after working at said theme parks, I don't go to them either, not worth the money.

I will jump in here as well. I moved up in 2012 and haven’t looked back although I’m up on the Sunny Coast so a bit quieter than the GC. Played footy on the GC in my early 20’s which was a lot of fun but prefer the laid back lifestyle of the Sunny Coast now. You couldn’t pay me to move back south now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we've had friends and family say the same thing to us too - We feel for you all in Victoria and NSW. Can't imagine how tough it must be!

Cheers pal. To be honest though, these 7 day snap lockdowns aren't so bad once you get past the 28th day.

I will jump in here as well. I moved up in 2012 and haven’t looked back although I’m up on the Sunny Coast so a bit quieter than the GC. Played footy on the GC in my early 20’s which was a lot of fun but prefer the laid back lifestyle of the Sunny Coast now. You couldn’t pay me to move back south now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sunny Coast is beautiful - don't mind a Noosa trip! I try and catch the boys whenever they're up that way!

Cheers pal. To be honest though, these 7 day snap lockdowns aren't so bad once you get past the 28th day.
I have always wondered what the bottle shops are like down there, these days.

I won't lie - I didn't mind lockdown the first time. Now it almost feels normal. Not wearing a mask in public makes my face feel naked.

I have always wondered what the bottle shops are like down there, these days.

I won't lie - I didn't mind lockdown the first time. Now it almost feels normal. Not wearing a mask in public makes my face feel naked.

The missing pants however, draws looks still .....

I feel like Melbourne is only getting better. A lot of the people jumping ship are absolute dropkicks (not at all casting aspersions on people here, there are many good reasons for a move. Just a big chunk of those leaving watch Sky News and are antivaxxers we are better off without 😂)

we've had friends and family say the same thing to us too - We feel for you all in Victoria and NSW. Can't imagine how tough it must be!

Cheers SOSserious,

Has been 18 months of frustration, but it’s a bit of what you want to make of it. Where we live there’s darebin parklands, All Nations Park, Merri Creek, great bike paths all within 5 kms. Still feel very lucky to live in Australia.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We seriously considered making the move last year and now I'm regretting that we stayed put.

Never too late! We have another 12 months of this situation at least. QLD will go from strength to strength as will the culture, weather and cost of living!

I'm in NSW so I get a better perspective of the Melb/Brissy/G.C movement and I can tell you, no one is heading south at all. $1 mil house in Brissy will get you a 4 bedder with pool and plenty of other luxuries. The best thing of all is, you can use the pool all year round, same goes if you own a boat!!

Cheers SOSserious,

Has been 18 months of frustration, but it’s a bit of what you want to make of it. Where we live there’s darebin parklands, All Nations Park, Merri Creek, great bike paths all within 5 kms. Still feel very lucky to live in Australia.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
everyday I feel blessed to be in Australia. It's an incredible part of the world!

I'm in NSW so I get a better perspective of the Melb/Brissy/G.C movement and I can tell you, no one is heading south at all. $1 mil house in Brissy will get you a 4 bedder with pool and plenty of other luxuries. The best thing of all is, you can use the pool all year round, same goes if you own a boat!!

The ABS literally track this data FYI, and yes Vic and NSW are losing people to QLD. Considering respective densities not necessarily a bad thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Melbourne is only getting better. A lot of the people jumping ship are absolute dropkicks (not at all casting aspersions on people here, there are many good reasons for a move. Just a big chunk of those leaving watch Sky News and are antivaxxers we are better off without 😂)

Do you like unicorns as well????

People are jumping ship because they are realizing, there is more to life than working at a desk job in Melbourne. I'm in lockdown in NSW, tee shirt and shorts on. Been for a walk to Syd Harbour today and will do the same tomorrow. My Brissy mates are playing golf today in the same attire! We all own boats and use them! Our kids live outside because the weather allows to enjoy themselves.

I'm Melbourne born and bread and I love my upbringing but its never going to be like that again. My mates there are really struggling with life in general and they are all looking to move, for their children and to enjoy life...

? For us, it was either spend >$1.7m on a terrace house to stay where we are or move to Torquay, where I can work remotely and still make the same salary as I do in Melbourne, build the home I want to build and be closer to the beach.

I’d say many people are doing it for the same reason.

? For us, it was either spend >$1.7m on a terrace house to stay where we are or move to Torquay, where I can work remotely and still make the same salary as I do in Melbourne, build the home I want to build and be closer to the beach.

I’d say many people are doing it for the same reason.

Yeah and that's fair, hence the disclaimer. Housing prices are beyond absurd at the moment.

Never too late! We have another 12 months of this situation at least. QLD will go from strength to strength as will the culture, weather and cost of living!

I did 3 years in Brisbane and it is by far the worst place that I have lived (includes Melbourne, Sydney and U.K.)

This is based on;
* dark at 6.30 p.m. in the middle of summer.
* 6 months ridiculous humidity.
* endemic casual racism
* small regional city mentality

Nice place to holiday or even to go to die but not so much to live. Covid will sort itself out in due course. Don't drink the qld kool aid. You are talking about a state that somehow justifies its importance in the result of a rugby league game.

I did 3 years in Brisbane and it is by far the worst place that I have lived (includes Melbourne, Sydney and U.K.)

This is based on;
* dark at 6.30 p.m. in the middle of summer.
* 6 months ridiculous humidity.
* endemic casual racism
* small regional city mentality

Nice place to holiday or even to go to die but not so much to live. Covid will sort itself out in due course. Don't drink the qld kool aid. You are talking about a state that somehow justifies its importance in the result of a rugby league game.
That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it
I moved to the Sunshine Coast from the Barossa Valley 9 years ago
Best thing I ever did
Climate, fresh air, lifestyle is amazing
Sth Aust can have its cold weather and pollution…
The QLD cool aid tastes great 👍

What a dogshit generalisation to make about a beautiful place.

By all means disagree. "Dogshit generalisation"? Give it a rest mate.
I think Skyhorse is the same age as me (27) and it’s just a colloquial term a lot of people our age make - not actually being overly attacking, I read it as pretty casual

By all means disagree. "Dogshit generalisation"? Give it a rest mate.
No. That is a dogshit thing to say about qld. You've generalised them all to racists who only get importance out of a league game. Grow up. Stupid thing to say. Qld isn't the place that's had Indian University students ganged up on. Qld has beautiful people, if you look hard enough racism is everywhere.

It's a properly beautiful state with the most ancient forest on the planet, literally, and incredible nature. Plenty to do and explore.

Yeah let's just call them all racists and they get their importance from a league game. Stupid comments.

No. That is a dogshit thing to say about qld. You've generalised them all to racists who only get importance out of a league game. Grow up. Stupid thing to say. Qld isn't the place that's had Indian University students ganged up on. Qld has beautiful people, if you look hard enough racism is everywhere.

It's a properly beautiful state with the most ancient forest on the planet, literally, and incredible nature. Plenty to do and explore.

Yeah let's just call them all racists and they get their importance from a league game. Stupid comments.
I understand that you are upset that I called you out on your unsubstantiated "several young players are upset and want to leave and I have proof but I'm not prepared to show it" rumour.

Merely regurgitating commentary from other posters such as Soapy V from other forums is not proof.

But give it a rest - a half joking post to someone telling us how good qld is, is hardly a good reason to have a tantrum. Heap of my mates that i played footy with still live up there and the great weather/humidity schtick is an ongoing joke that we have.

Nobody thinks that all Queensland's are racist (despite them having some fine examples).

Nobody thinks that everyone that lives in Queensland is emotionally invested in state of origin.

These things are generalisms (like us saying that every * supporter is a drug cheat apologist).

Stop being so precious. You might be best to put me on ignore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back