Preview R:8 - Swans v Giants - 1:45pm SCG - Saturday 4 May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Howard, David King, Leigh Montagna, David King

In part I agree - if it’s dry.

But if it’s pouring, I fail to see how Armatey is going to contribute more than Parker.
There are going to be six other tall forwards on the ground and we'll only have two of them. It seems like neither coach is overly concerned about if it's pouring.

Seems odd regarding Parker. In one breath Horse they want him to get more playing to make certain he is set up well for the rest of the season in seniors. If that were the case, why is he in the same breath being named as an emergency.

One minute, nope you're not right to play seniors yet. Next minute, say a late injury, yep you're in.

Strange to me to name him as an emergency if Horse's quote is sincere.

I think Parker's in Horse's best 22 and when he's absolutely right he'll play. But I just think there's not a NEED for him. Last year Horse played Parker for the entire run home when he was as banged up as my Toyota after a parallel parking attempt. We don't have to do that this year. (I don't think he should've done it last year, either, but I digress...)

I think Parker's in Horse's best 22 and when he's absolutely right he'll play. But I just think there's not a NEED for him. Last year Horse played Parker for the entire run home when he was as banged up as my Toyota after a parallel parking attempt. We don't have to do that this year. (I don't think he should've done it last year, either, but I digress...)
That's the way I see it. We're definitely a better team with Parker in this week but not by enough to justify bringing him back before he's completely ready. It will be a very physical game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m in all sorts of turmoil.

BoM is saying 95% chance of rain & possible storms.

Donza says it’ll be fine.
Just don't be shocked if it rains in the morning and night.
That's the 95% chance.

Hey it may yet be wet. However the trend is favouring a dry game at the moment.

All good.

The media are jumping up and down about a rain bomb and other BS.

That heavy rain looks to be pushing out to Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

Saturday looks quite similar to today.

Heavy localised showers. Very localised.
However periods of sun.
Unfortunate if you're under a heavy shower.
Problem with these systems is they are subject to change without notice! They speed up and slow down at whim... or perhaps just to make the weather people look like morons!

Seems odd regarding Parker. In one breath Horse they want him to get more playing to make certain he is set up well for the rest of the season in seniors. If that were the case, why is he in the same breath being named as an emergency.

One minute, nope you're not right to play seniors yet. Next minute, say a late injury, yep you're in.

Strange to me to name him as an emergency if Horse's quote is sincere.
They prefer him to build in reserves for another week, but he's regarded as the next best in?

Reserves play after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back