Sim Qooty64 v10.5 RELEASED

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright - I don't get as far as install with how you've laid that out. I select Menu and then get the following error log:

Something's missing ...
Comments folder count : 1
Data folder count : 1
Utils folder count : 0
Operating System : Windows_NT

Contents of directory :
ALLSTATS.exe
Comments
Data
ErrorLog.dat
FLUCTS.exe
GAME.exe
GAMES.exe
jpeg.dll
LDRMKR.exe
libfreetype-6.dll
libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll
libogg-0.dll
libpng12-0.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
libtiff-3.dll
libvorbis-0.dll
libvorbisfile-3.dll
LINKLGS.exe
LINKTEAM.exe
liveupdt.exe
MENU.exe
PATH.exe
Qooty.bat
Qooty64.v10.5.rar
Qooty64.v10.zip
SDL.dll
SDL_image.dll
SDL_mixer.dll
SDL_net.dll
SDL_ttf.dll
SEEFIX.exe
SETTINGS.exe
smpeg.dll
temp.tmp
TRANSFER.exe
Updater
UTILS.exe
zlib1.dll
Operating System : Windows_NT

This log created 05-18-2020
Error type - Program Files Missing (UTILS folder).
What OS are you using?

Not sure I have seen that error before. As far as installing: download the .rar from the OP, extract it to a folder on your desktop, click MENU.exe then click any key to install it. It should just flicker through items and once finished should load up the menu.

What OS are you using?

Not sure I have seen that error before. As far as installing: download the .rar from the OP, extract it to a folder on your desktop, click MENU.exe then click any key to install it. It should just flicker through items and once finished should load up the menu.
Yep, this is exactly what I have done. It doesn't load up that menu, it loads up the error I mentioned before for me. :(

Using Windows 10 so would be surprised if the operating system is the cause. I did convert the .rar to a .zip file before extracting using the RAR Opener app, reckon there's any chance that's caused something to go awry?

Yep, this is exactly what I have done. It doesn't load up that menu, it loads up the error I mentioned before for me. :(

Using Windows 10 so would be surprised if the operating system is the cause. I did convert the .rar to a .zip file before extracting using the RAR Opener app, reckon there's any chance that's caused something to go awry?
It is worth a try. I just use Winrar to extract it from the .rar.

Being a complete noob I just downloaded it on Win10 and opened it with Winrar worked OK for me

Maybe run it as Admin?
Yeah, I'm running it as admin at the moment, its being very un cooperative.

The alternative is I just use my other laptop but that's not ideal.

In any case, I'll park it for now because it isn't the main impediment I'm facing - I didn't actually download the sim with the intentions of using it, I just wanted access to the commentary files which I can get. :)

In any case, the fact I can't get QOOTY to work is perhaps secondary to my bigger question.

The Commentary folder is very, very useful and exactly what I was hoping for. What I do ask though is what character is meant to be in place of the OPPONENT within that file? When I open in notepad I can see for player with possession and just blank space for the opponent in any given play?
Any guidance on this point would be very helpful!

Yeah, I'm running it as admin at the moment, its being very un cooperative.

The alternative is I just use my other laptop but that's not ideal.

In any case, I'll park it for now because it isn't the main impediment I'm facing - I didn't actually download the sim with the intentions of using it, I just wanted access to the commentary files which I can get. :)

Any guidance on this point would be very helpful!

If you have it installed on another laptop just drag it onto a USB stick and transfer it to your go to PC

If you have it installed on another laptop just drag it onto a USB stick and transfer it to your go to PC
That's probably the much simpler solution. :) When I need to run it in the future I'll do that :)

The characters for player and opponent are 001 and 002 ... they used to show up as smiley faces, black on white or white on black depending on which one.

Which of these is player and which is opponent ... I can no longer remember.
That’s alright, trial and error should get me there.

Hopefully excel will recognise them for a find and replace

That’s alright, trial and error should get me there.

Hopefully excel will recognise them for a find and replace
And it does not :(

Mobbs, how difficult would you envisage it to be to change each Alt 1 and Alt 2 to the words OFFENCE and DEFENCE across all of the comments and export to a text file?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it does not :(

Mobbs, how difficult would you envisage it to be to change each Alt 1 and Alt 2 to the words OFFENCE and DEFENCE across all of the comments and export to a text file?
The game itself has an option to compile all the comments into a single text file. Once that's done, it should honestly be a simple search and replace. If windows doesn't get it (001 & 002) any other prog like excel or word probably would.

The game itself has an option to compile all the comments into a single text file. Once that's done, it should honestly be a simple search and replace. If windows doesn't get it (001 & 002) any other prog like excel or word probably would.
Yep, I’ve got all the comments in a text file and think I have find and replace working too now which is a relief.

Mobbs it worked. Thanks mate

Last edited:
Aight someone really dumb this process down.

Downloaded the Qooty link from dropbox. Reading the thread I have also downloaded WinRar which has allowed me to open the download.

Next step is what. I'm ******* useless with this crap.

Aight someone really dumb this process down.

Downloaded the Qooty link from dropbox. Reading the thread I have also downloaded WinRar which has allowed me to open the download.

Next step is what. I'm ******* useless with this crap.

Click where it says “Extract to”

Click where it says “Extract to”
I'm into the sim playing around with it.

I have set up a league. Any settings I need to change prior to simming? I'm guessing I'll do a few anyway.

I'm into the sim playing around with it.

I have set up a league. Any settings I need to change prior to simming? I'm guessing I'll do a few anyway.

Are you starting a rogue Sweet FA league?

Set league config and youre all good. No huge deal if you dont set that though, itll still work

Are you starting a rogue Sweet FA league?

Set league config and youre all good. No huge deal if you dont set that though, itll still work
I've downloaded this for work purposes. I am simming games for guys and gals that are currently missing out. I'll figure the presentation of it post simming but if I have this it will be a good start.

So basically yes I am creating a rogue league ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back