Sim Qooty Instructions, Walkthroughs etc - ask here for how-to's

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you tried the Opening Post?

if its not there, maybe Setup isn't set to save commentary. I think that's an option.

Pretend to run a match until you see the setup summary and see if commentary is green.

i found it mobbs, it was the first file called commm.dat somethingorother, anyway all is good in the sim world for me

i found it mobbs, it was the first file called commm.dat somethingorother, anyway all is good in the sim world for me
that's a temporary commentary file. It gets over-written with each new match. I think you'd rather have the saved commentary file as advised in the OP.

hey mobbs i've noticed in the simmed stats it has dt points yet when i get mine after a practice match there are none, i'm running version 10.3 , is this something new in 10.4???

Nope its the form of stats report you're using. Follow the second set of instructions under "How do I find the game stats?" in the opening post of this thread.
well kind sir how does one get these dt stats?

also I ran two simmed games today, one i thought i had made the correct team changes and when i ran it realised i didn't make the changes, i then edited the team correctly and ran it again and both games had the exact same score, wit the excat same stats for all players, weird

well kind sir how does one get these dt stats?
Follow the second set of instructions under "How do I find the game stats?" in the opening post of this thread.

also I ran two simmed games today, one i thought i had made the correct team changes and when i ran it realised i didn't make the changes, i then edited the team correctly and ran it again and both games had the exact same score, wit the excat same stats for all players, weird
I'm interested in knowing how you made your team's positional changes. Did you use the Transfer function, or the Edit Team function.

With regard to the "exact same score, wit the excat same stats", I'm betting you're just looking at the same stat file. If the team names didn't change, and it was a non-fixtured match, one will just over-write the other. Did you name the opposing teams something different each time you entered the team? Maybe you're just editing the team? From your commentary, I can see there might be a whole raft of things you are doing wrong. For the v Spuds match, where is the introductory post with the team lineups? Assuming you're manually locating stats files instead of running the Forum-Friendly AfterMatch stats function, what are the file names called you are finding?

Follow the second set of instructions under "How do I find the game stats?" in the opening post of this thread.
yes yes dad , i will do that now

EDIT - got them much easier getting stats that way thanks again kind sir

I'm interested in knowing how you made your team's positional changes. Did you use the Transfer function, or the Edit Team function.

I used the edit team function

With regard to the "exact same score, wit the excat same stats", I'm betting you're just looking at the same stat file. If the team names didn't change, and it was a non-fixtured match, one will just over-write the other. Did you name the opposing teams something different each time you entered the team? Maybe you're just editing the team?

nevermind i've figured it out, all good no need for an explanation but lets just say user error

From your commentary, I can see there might be a whole raft of things you are doing wrong. For the v Spuds match, where is the introductory post with the team lineups? Assuming you're manually locating stats files instead of running the Forum-Friendly AfterMatch stats function, what are the file names called you are finding?

forgive me mobbs I am new to this simming caper and like you am old and these things take time so bear with me, even though I was in IT for 10+ years some stuff just goes over me :)

yes yes dad , i will do that now

EDIT - got them much easier getting stats that way thanks again kind sir
very cool, much better coloury stuff - hope it helps

I used the edit team function
bad BAD mannum power :D ... that's for fixing erroneous spelling etc. Use "Transfer" to move players :p MUCH more handy

nevermind i've figured it out, all good no need for an explanation but lets just say user error
See below

forgive me mobbs I am new to this simming caper and like you am old and these things take time so bear with me, even though I was in IT for 10+ years some stuff just goes over me :)
I'm no pro at this, often make things very counter-intuitive, I like to refer to my programs as "user hostile" :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I try to run the menu.exe and it comes up FLUCTS.exe the program cant't start because SDL_image.dll is missing from your computer.
How can i fix it I've try to upload it twice now?
Do you have to run menu.exe?
Try Qooty.bat and see if that helps.

I am not sure who to ask for to request this information,

I was using Qooty today for the first time, and noticed that each player, in each game is given a number on how they went. Any chance of getting this information from the past two seasons (S15-S16). If not, would it be possible to start posting this with match results. I am looking to do some AFL style Player Rating.

akkaps

I am not sure who to ask for to request this information,

I was using Qooty today for the first time, and noticed that each player, in each game is given a number on how they went. Any chance of getting this information from the past two seasons (S15-S16). If not, would it be possible to start posting this with match results. I am looking to do some AFL style Player Rating.

akkaps

The problem is - if this is the same number I'm thinking of - those figures directly correlate to Mobbs Medal votes, so they're more or less being published round by round throughout the season.

The problem is - if this is the same number I'm thinking of - those figures directly correlate to Mobbs Medal votes, so they're more or less being published round by round throughout the season.

I thought this may have been the case.

However, I was planning to use those numbers to create Player Ratings. I understand that because of its use in Mobbs Medal counting, that I will not be able to use them.

I thought this may have been the case.

However, I was planning to use those numbers to create Player Ratings. I understand that because of its use in Mobbs Medal counting, that I will not be able to use them.

I'm not sure to what extent you can dig those numbers up, but either way, other stats are accessible so it can be done through Exie or DT points if you're willing to give it a go.

Sidenote: Sorry if I'm wrong, but didn't you retire? Or was that just the standard SFA retirement? :D

I'm not sure to what extent you can dig those numbers up, but either way, other stats are accessible so it can be done through Exie or DT points if you're willing to give it a go.

Sidenote: Sorry if I'm wrong, but didn't you retire? Or was that just the standard SFA retirement? :D

It is easy to collaborate DT or Exie points, but I would prefer to use the most realistic version, as a comparison to the AFL. This way we can compare it to the AFL.

Sidenote: There is a response to that question in this interview piece - The Royal Flush: akkaps

It is easy to collaborate DT or Exie points, but I would prefer to use the most realistic version, as a comparison to the AFL. This way we can compare it to the AFL.

Sidenote: There is a response to that question in this interview piece - The Royal Flush: akkaps

If there's a way to do it, it'd be fantastic. I'm just not sure if we can.

If there's a way to do it, it'd be fantastic. I'm just not sure if we can.

I read the AFL Players Rating booklet, hoping for a simple formula, however, players are giving points on how they interact with the play (positive and negative), which means that players will have more points if they are involved in more positive plays. The problem with DT and Exie points is that a 25 disposal game will give you 100+ points, and so will 10 goals. More points should be given to disposals, and that's where Player Rating succeeds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back