QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Got some absolute talent in that midfield that has come over from Caloundra. No more than Luca Mason, he was getting 30+ touches a game in Div 1 and was one of the more damaging players in Div 1, I can only imagine how much he would dominate at this level
Yep, he was terrific, put the footy inside 50 plenty of times. Classy mover

Got some absolute talent in that midfield that has come over from Caloundra. No more than Luca Mason, he was getting 30+ touches a game in Div 1 and was one of the more damaging players in Div 1, I can only imagine how much he would dominate at this level

Was one if the better players for SQ last year too. He will go ok 😉

Great man Longy for both clubs and deserves the prestigious award named after him.

Good luck to both clubs and everyone else in the competition for opening round. Hopefully everyone gets a game completed.

Looking in to setting up a podcast for our competition now I have settled back from my role at Pirates.

Just lining up a few ducks but hopefully can get it sorted to have game reviews of most games and weekly guests (coach, player, Club stalwart) etc to mix it up a bit to hopefully give every club a shout out.

Bit behind eight ball but hopefully can get it sorted in next 2-3 weeks if everyone thinks it’s worthwhile?
I would definitely listen in!!

I feel the results went exactly the way it was going to be.
Not sure about the other games but the conditions at
Yeronga was tough going.
Heavy track and oppressive heat and humidity.
As to the points Jindalee and Park ridge were the only two to get even close to topping out.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app
tough conditions no matter where u were with humidity like that 🔥🔥

Redcliffe's acquisition of Nick Jackson is a significant addition to their roster, especially considering his impressive track record, notable call-out was his game vs Andrew Phillips in the NEAFL. Redcliffe look like they'll be very dangerous in 2024.

Gympie and Wynnum look to be in for a very long season.
Gympie, whilst disappointing is no surprise. Would be hard for them to recruit players all the way up there. However I do applaud them for staying in this comp when they could have easily gone back to dominating the wide bay comp. But at the same time, losing by 100-200 points each week can kill a club.

Wynnum on the other hand have almost imploded. Finished a distance 4th only a few years ago where first and second in that season are now playing in div 1. They went up to div 1 clearly unprepared and from sources, players were totally against the idea of going up to div 1 after having one ok year in div 2. Was all driven by their coach at the time. They then drop back down to div 2 after winning 1 game in div 1. And now in their second year back, I really can’t see them pulling more than 1-2 wins since Gympie is in the comp. Gympie also beat them last year. A few bad decisions on and off the field can really impact a club on the field in only 3-4 years.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on a representative game between Div 2 North and Div 2 South with every club having at least one representative and then the balance selected on form, positions, etc?

Would be a good Curtain Raiser for the SEQ Rep game against Cairns when played in Brisbane maybe?

I would even like to see QAFL vs Tassie, SEQ Rep vs Cairns and Div 2 North vs South all played on same day at same venue.

That way SEQ would be all Div 1 players which it is most of time anyway and gives good bragging rights for Div 2.

Might give a few players at clubs with no finals aspirations a chance to play with some more top end talent team mates.

Thoughts???

What’s everyone’s thoughts on a representative game between Div 2 North and Div 2 South with every club having at least one representative and then the balance selected on form, positions, etc?

Would be a good Curtain Raiser for the SEQ Rep game against Cairns when played in Brisbane maybe?

I would even like to see QAFL vs Tassie, SEQ Rep vs Cairns and Div 2 North vs South all played on same day at same venue.

That way SEQ would be all Div 1 players which it is most of time anyway and gives good bragging rights for Div 2.

Might give a few players at clubs with no finals aspirations a chance to play with some more top end talent team mates.

Thoughts???
Would be a great idea! Breaths more life into the comps and allows the div 2 sides to fight for something other then a premiership. And bragging rights on the better comp. Could argue the same thing in the div 3 and 4 north and south comps.

Thoughts???
I think that would be an excellent idea, better than a grand final after the real grand final like they tried with Div 3 a couple years ago or whenever it was. I’ve always thought the SQ team should really be all Div 1 players, try and get the best of them to all play in it as well but do understand why they have to pick guys from the Wide Bay & Toowoomba Areas etc.

Thoughts???
From memory there were 5-6 players selected in the SQ side in 2023 from Div 2 North or South so I wouldn't make that side exclusively Div 1.

That said, all for the Div 2 North v South as a concept. Great idea!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gympie, whilst disappointing is no surprise. Would be hard for them to recruit players all the way up there. However I do applaud them for staying in this comp when they could have easily gone back to dominating the wide bay comp. But at the same time, losing by 100-200 points each week can kill a club.

Wynnum on the other hand have almost imploded. Finished a distance 4th only a few years ago where first and second in that season are now playing in div 1. They went up to div 1 clearly unprepared and from sources, players were totally against the idea of going up to div 1 after having one ok year in div 2. Was all driven by their coach at the time. They then drop back down to div 2 after winning 1 game in div 1. And now in their second year back, I really can’t see them pulling more than 1-2 wins since Gympie is in the comp. Gympie also beat them last year. A few bad decisions on and off the field can really impact a club on the field in only 3-4 years.
You have to ask yourself who appointed Stewart to that Club as Coach and how much money did they shell out over time to recruit blokes that left after one year when they were not up to the level at all overall. Absolute disaster and as a former player of that Club in the 80's they Certainly have dropped off badly apart from that period in the 2000's where they won a couple of Flags under Brendan MORONEY. I have concerns over their long time future if this keeps up and one wonders if they will end up a Div 4 Friday night side if things dont improve. A person once stated that blokes like Ryan HARWOOD were playing for nothing and I was barking up the wrong tree of accusing them of shelling out money. Yeah right playing for the Jumper I do not think so.

You have to ask yourself who appointed Stewart to that Club as Coach and how much money did they shell out over time to recruit blokes that left after one year when they were not up to the level at all overall. Absolute disaster and as a former player of that Club in the 80's they Certainly have dropped off badly apart from that period in the 2000's where they won a couple of Flags under Brendan MORONEY. I have concerns over their long time future if this keeps up and one wonders if they will end up a Div 4 Friday night side if things dont improve. A person once stated that blokes like Ryan HARWOOD were playing for nothing and I was barking up the wrong tree of accusing them of shelling out money. Yeah right playing for the Jumper I do not think so.
It’s a story retold over the history of football clubs of most codes. New coach arrives demanding that the club recruit players x,y, z. Which we need to pay decent money to of course if we r going to attract them.
Players don’t perform, coach leaves, club bottoms out significantly worse position than 12 mths earlier and the volunteers pick up the pieces. Nothing worse imo

Shaun applied for the Coorparoo job after Rory Lake stepped aside to focus on playing. Don’t know all of the applicants but they selected Barry o’Brian who had coached QAFL with Wilston Grange. Compared to Shaun who had little to no senior coaching.

From all reports he cracked the shits and took his grown up sons to Wynnun. And after one year of finishing 4th in div 2. Where first place (Moreton Bay) went undefeated and beat everyone else by 100 points and second place (Hinterland) only had their two losses against Moreton Bay, who also smashed everyone else. He and the coaching group thought they were ready for div 1. And I can assure you that 90% of the playing group weren’t consulted and when asked, they argued they were not close to being ready (which was obvious). Makes you wonder what was going on with the committee and coaching group.

A few of those Wynnum players went over to Mt Gravatt and ended up being undefeated premiership players in their Friday night team last year. One teams demise is another teams gain.

Thoughts???
big fan of this idea!!!

Great to see a partnership formed between Park Ridge and Calamvale Leopards for their juniors. Great pathway to hopefully allow Park Ridge to begin building back up a junior pathway and great for Calamvale to support their junior program whilst allowing a senior pathway connection. Although I don’t think Calamvale has anything above u15s? Could be wrong but great for both clubs.

Great to see a partnership formed between Park Ridge and Calamvale Leopards for their juniors. Great pathway to hopefully allow Park Ridge to begin building back up a junior pathway and great for Calamvale to support their junior program whilst allowing a senior pathway connection. Although I don’t think Calamvale has anything above u15s? Could be wrong but great for both clubs.
Awesome result for all involved and just proves there is always a way if you want to work hard enough.

I think you will find the youth teams will jump out of the ground next year as AFLQ put clammers on Pirates this year having any Junior or Youth Teams so this was only way around the situation.

The behaviour and attitude of AFLQ through this entire experience has been very ordinary towards our club.

Awesome result for all involved and just proves there is always a way if you want to work hard enough.

I think you will find the youth teams will jump out of the ground next year as AFLQ put clammers on Pirates this year having any Junior or Youth Teams so this was only way around the situation.

The behaviour and attitude of AFLQ through this entire experience has been very ordinary towards our club.
A situation that should never have happened and I feel pirates will be forced to move grounds next year.
Just can't come to terms with outside forces erasing a clubs
teams.
I think we all want an explanation why this decision was made.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

bit disappointing to see zillmere and gympie both struggling with numbers and relying on other clubs to get a side on the park this early in the season is a big concern going forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back