QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the watch Coorparoo out at uni today. Absolutely dominant in the first half, looked every bit the side youd expect to move up to QAFL.

Not sure what happened in the second half, the younger uni team took control and almost mounted a comeback. Thought they were going to get there, fair few players seemed to have stepped up since 2023.

Great day at the footy and good crowd for a QFA game. Kids loved the bouncy castle.

what on earth happened at Moreton? Thats a thumping of epic proportions. Worse than anything put up in QAFL by Mt Gravatt

what on earth happened at Moreton? Thats a thumping of epic proportions. Worse than anything put up in QAFL by Mt Gravatt
Losing Giles and Nickalls has obviously hurt them but Jesus Christ they have dropped off more than I could’ve imagined. Gribble hasn’t had as much influence as I thought he would there. To have two blokes kick 10 each on you (albeit some top talent in this comp) that absolutely stings. What’s even crazier which was said earlier is that the Ressies game score was 18-16.

incredibly, not the longest game of the season either

(Judging by length of Youtube video)
Some of those YouTube videos they start the stream 10-15 minutes before and keep it going afterwards for a few minutes then some of them seem to start right on the bounce and finish right on the siren.

Losing Giles and Nickalls has obviously hurt them but Jesus Christ they have dropped off more than I could’ve imagined. Gribble hasn’t had as much influence as I thought he would there. To have two blokes kick 10 each on you (albeit some top talent in this comp) that absolutely stings. What’s even crazier which was said earlier is that the Ressies game score was 18-16.

where is Nickalls?

Their team doesn't look too bad on paper

where is Nickalls?

Their team doesn't look too bad on paper
Injured possibly? Haven’t seen anything about him but him and Giles were a massive part of that squad and were almost essentially that squad for periods last year. Could very well get their first win this week though against a struggling Beenleigh

See Mayne have a big weekend of celebrations this weekend.
Tonight they celerbrate 100 Years of the club's existance with a 400 seat Hall of Fame gala Dinner.
Saturdays is the 10 Year reunion of the QFA Div 1 North Champions Seniors and Reserves.
And a big day of football on Sunday. Celebration Mick Nolan reunion day at the Den.
Four games are schedlued starting at Noon with Div1 Reserves, 2.00pm Seniors and 4.45pm Div 2 North Womans, all playing Colundra.
Then the Div 4 North Mayne Tigers will play Ferny Grove at 6.30pm to finish the weekend off.

See Mayne have a big weekend of celebrations this weekend.
Tonight they celerbrate 100 Years of the club's existance with a 400 seat Hall of Fame gala Dinner.
Saturdays is the 10 Year reunion of the QFA Div 1 North Champions Seniors and Reserves.
And a big day of football on Sunday. Celebration Mick Nolan reunion day at the Den.
Four games are schedlued starting at Noon with Div1 Reserves, 2.00pm Seniors and 4.45pm Div 2 North Womans, all playing Colundra.
Then the Div 4 North Mayne Tigers will play Ferny Grove at 6.30pm to finish the weekend off.
What a fantastic weekend. Proud club that has seen some pretty ordinary times but survived!

What a fantastic weekend. Proud club that has seen some pretty ordinary times but survived!
Be great if they could ever get back into the QAFL!

And great they were able to get that senior success back in that div 1 north comp a decade ago. Hopefully the seniors can get a premiership soon. Ressies have been strong for the last 5 years and a few premierships. Not a lot of QLD clubs can get a legend like Mick Nolan to be involved as much as he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be great if they could ever get back into the QAFL!

And great they were able to get that senior success back in that div 1 north comp a decade ago. Hopefully the seniors can get a premiership soon. Ressies have been strong for the last 5 years and a few premierships. Not a lot of QLD clubs can get a legend like Mick Nolan to be involved as much as he was.
Yeah I think the strength of the club appears to have been that they appreciate they are in no hurry to return to QAFL status. Being a very good Div 1 club is no shame.
Playing at QAFL level doesn't make you "a good club" imo, a lot of the time things like facilities and local community demographics decide what sort of people walk through your door.

Yeah I think the strength of the club appears to have been that they appreciate they are in no hurry to return to QAFL status. Being a very good Div 1 club is no shame.
Playing at QAFL level doesn't make you "a good club" imo, a lot of the time things like facilities and local community demographics decide what sort of people walk through your door.
My point was more of a historic notion of them going back to the QAFL like in the past. Nothing wrong with them playing div 1 at all. Would be great if Kedron was back in the QAFL but they are playing div 2 and that’s fine as well. Mayne is a very proud club and hopefully they get great numbers tomorrow and can have a good day on the field as well.

My point was more of a historic notion of them going back to the QAFL like in the past. Nothing wrong with them playing div 1 at all. Would be great if Kedron was back in the QAFL but they are playing div 2 and that’s fine as well. Mayne is a very proud club and hopefully they get great numbers tomorrow and can have a good day on the field as well.
Yeah I'm a Fitzroy supporter - the romanticism of history in football was lost a fair while ago to me... :)

The Brisbane Bears brought your club up on your doorstep to the Gabba in the 90s and then 3 premierships that were never coming to Fitzroy. You should embrace it 🏆
Ha - as it was I moved from Melb a couple of years before the merger - lets just say that the way it was handled didn't give many Fitzroy supporters much love for the new entity. When you have a half cut chairman gloating about the demise of one of the inaugural VFL clubs it sort of hurts a bit...

Anyway as they say, time heals all wounds. :)

just watched the footage.

I would love to know the basis for which the UQ player was given a 2nd bite at the cherry from a different location?

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It was paid as a late hit. Therefore down the ground free kick. Because it went out on the full taken back to where the hit occurred. I've not had a chance to view the 'hit' on the footage. That was the explanation post game. In the moment complete chaos going on.

I thought that might have been it, but the guy literaly didn't even touch the kicker when he kicked it, not after or as he kicked it. There was almost no contact at all!

Just watched it again and he pays 'high contact' which is a stretch!

what would the Whateleys of the world call it, a bit 'tiggy touch-wood'? Certainly nothing clear on the video

If it was after the kick I'd have thought the mark would go to where it crossed the boundary line. Too bad the rule book doesn't actually prescribe what happens there, they took that section out a few years ago!

what would the Whateleys of the world call it, a bit 'tiggy touch-wood'? Certainly nothing clear on the video

If it was after the kick I'd have thought the mark would go to where it crossed the boundary line. Too bad the rule book doesn't actually prescribe what happens there, they took that section out a few years ago!
I think the rule has always been, and still is, that if the ball crosses a line (boundary / goal) then the ball is brought back to where the initial incident occurred. If it bounced in the field of play then it is taken from that point. That's my understanding if the contact has been made after the ball has been disposed of. if it's prior then obviously where the incident occurred.

Re Hinterland V University
I wasn't at the game - but checked out the video.
Exactly the same thing happened when Newnes (Carlton) kicked the winning goal after the siren against Freo (R12 2020).
I thought the kick was taken where the infringement occurred, but Newnes took the kick where the ball went out. I asked a number of umpire friends about the correct application of the rules, & got different answers. One ump sent me this extract (see photo).
So, it might have been an uncertain free kick to begin with, but was it taken from the correct place? Interesting conversation about the code's interpretations anyway...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1716794412317.jpg
    FB_IMG_1716794412317.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back