QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Noosa were putrid!
They were mate. Big losses in all 3 grades + the women.

I'm not sure Roos had a great side on the paddock and it really should have been a 10 goal margin with all the ball that went into the Roos F50. Just killed around the stoppages and this was with McLachlan hurting himself early and barely playing as well. Hope you can muster the troops and get them at least competitive over the next month or so.

Watched Palmy account for my Broady today ,, and they did not look like loosing fron the start , Palmy were ok and the influence of Hall and Hickey are huge for them ,, as was Jonthan Croad ( great to se him back )
Broady were competitive as per previous weeks but they certainly have a issue up forward and that is goalkickers guys that are focal points both big guys and small forward crumbers

Yeah biggest loss by the cats for a few years, disappointing. Palmy improved no doubt but adding a few injuries to key players to a few departures over the summer means fielding an inexperienced side. There’s always next week

They were mate. Big losses in all 3 grades + the women.

I'm not sure Roos had a great side on the paddock and it really should have been a 10 goal margin with all the ball that went into the Roos F50. Just killed around the stoppages and this was with McLachlan hurting himself early and barely playing as well. Hope you can muster the troops and get them at least competitive over the next month or so.
Yeah have lots of kids so expect inconsistencies but they were no where near the performances of the previous 2 weeks! The game itself never reached any great heights skill wise but a terrific crowd and atmosphere all the same!

Tipping ladder ;
Tough round for us tipsters ,, ranging from 2 to 5 correct ,, SMY, Still Me AND Bud 63 took the chocs with 5 .

21- ALL OR NOTHING , STILL ME , BIG E
20- THUNDERDOC. SIMPLE SAUCE, DEZARIO , BUD 63, SMY, WESTERMAN, TIME TO RETIRE
19- UP IT STUMPY, BUNYIP, NWO, CLUELESS, MAGPIE BOY, PUGS

18- DJONNO, STUYD, BIG TEX , 2010 PREMIER, FOOTY BOY , UP IT BRIZZ
17- AJ8, LAGGING BEHIND , MOBBS , BOOPS
16- LONGY ZILLMERE, SWITCHING THE PLAY,
15- GOALKICKER
14- NOOSA BOY

Boops ,, you missed the tips ,, you were upm there so I will give you one point ok which puts you at 17 ..

Ok guys missing getting the tips in does occur so all of you have one get out of jail card ,, where you will receive 1 point ,
( Mobbs ,, you got 2 the other week so lap it up lol )

Mobbs and Boops ,, you have used your card ok .. lol

Tipping ladder ;
Tough round for us tipsters ,, ranging from 2 to 5 correct ,, SMY, Still Me AND Bud 63 took the chocs with 5 .

15- GOALKICKER
14- NOOSA BOY

Boops ,, you missed the tips ,, you were upm there so I will give you one point ok which puts you at 17 ..

Ok guys missing getting the tips in does occur so all of you have one get out of jail card ,, where you will receive 1 point ,

Don’t like to lag but check SM tips again Stuy😉 might be doing him a favour with 5

Tipping ladder ;

15- GOALKICKER
14- NOOSA BOY

You're doing a great job, I'll do pretty much anything you tell me to (regards tipping I mean)! :)

Round 4 Results

(The Matter that’s Stuff)

Following the tipping carnage of last weekend, here is some more QAFL Scorigami (ie, how often a recent score has occurred in past fixtures) etc for Round 4:

Palm Beach Currumbin 14-10-94 d Broadbeach 4-18-42
This score has occurred once previously:
1983 R9: Coorparoo 13-16-94 d Sandgate 5-12-42 at Lemke Road
How often has a side kicked four goals and more than 18 behinds? Five times this has occurred:
1940 Windsor (4-21), 1966 Wilston Grange (4-22), 1975 Morningside (4-19), 1987 Sandgate (4-20)
These four were all losses. However, the worst of all, 1909 Wynnum (4-23), resulted in a Win for the inaccurate side.

Maroochydore 12-16-88 d Noosa 6-7-43
This score has never occurred before.

Redland Victoria Point 31-25-211 d Mt Gravatt 6-2-38
Mt Gravatt still has the highest winning margin between the two teams (197 points).
This game provided the most scoring shots by a side since Morningside (42-16-268) defeated University in 2015.

Aspley 20-16-136 d Sherwood 8-9-57
2023 R15: Morningside 21-10-136 d Noosa 8-9-57 at Hawthorne Park

Labrador 11-12-78 d Surfers Paradise 9-9-63
2023 R1: Kedron 12-6-78 d Mayne 9-9-63 at Melrose Park

Morningside 13-12-90 d Wilston Grange 8-13-61
This score has occurred three times previously:
1944 R2: Windsor 13-12-90 d Mayne 8-13-61 at Windsor Park
1945 R3: Windsor 12-18-90 d Yeronga 8-13-61
1965 R2: Morningside 12-18-90 d Kedron 8-13-61

Apologies for not putting my tips in last week - I was down in Melbourne watching my third cousin Nick Hind get a run in the Anzac day clash. The bloke is a jet... not sure how he isn't starting every week. Besides the point, I will get my tips in right now to stay on top of things:
Aspley
PBC
Morningside
Noosa
Labrador
Surfers

Boops checking out 👍

Apologies for not putting my tips in last week - I was down in Melbourne watching my third cousin Nick Hind get a run in the Anzac day clash. The bloke is a jet... not sure how he isn't starting every week. Besides the point, I will get my tips in right now to stay on top of things:
Aspley
PBC
Morningside
Noosa
Labrador
Surfers

Boops checking out 👍
Aspley
PBC
Morningside
Noosa
Labrador
Surfers

Boops checking out 👍
Good that you got to see him play on the big stage because pretty sure he’s headed back to the hanger after what he served up …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 4 Results

(The Matter that’s Stuff)

Following the tipping carnage of last weekend, here is some more QAFL Scorigami (ie, how often a recent score has occurred in past fixtures) etc for Round 4:

Palm Beach Currumbin 14-10-94 d Broadbeach 4-18-42
1983 R9: Coorparoo 13-16-94 d Sandgate 5-12-42 at Lemke Road
How often has a side kicked four goals and more than 18 behinds? Five times this has occurred:
1940 Windsor (4-21), 1966 Wilston Grange (4-22), 1975 Morningside (4-19), 1987 Sandgate (4-20)
These four were all losses. However, the worst of all, 1909 Wynnum (4-23), resulted in a Win for the inaccurate side.

Maroochydore 12-16-88 d Noosa 6-7-43

Redland Victoria Point 31-25-211 d Mt Gravatt 6-2-38
Mt Gravatt still has the highest winning margin between the two teams (197 points).
This game provided the most scoring shots by a side since Morningside (42-16-268) defeated University in 2015.

Aspley 20-16-136 d Sherwood 8-9-57
2023 R15: Morningside 21-10-136 d Noosa 8-9-57 at Hawthorne Park

Labrador 11-12-78 d Surfers Paradise 9-9-63
2023 R1: Kedron 12-6-78 d Mayne 9-9-63 at Melrose Park

Morningside 13-12-90 d Wilston Grange 8-13-61
This score has occurred three times previously:
1944 R2: Windsor 13-12-90 d Mayne 8-13-61 at Windsor Park
1945 R3: Windsor 12-18-90 d Yeronga 8-13-61
1965 R2: Morningside 12-18-90 d Kedron 8-13-61
Great work Toucan. I enjoy looking at these numerology reports.

I just noticed that Mt Gravatt lost by 173 points on Saturday. It’s exactly the same margin as two weeks again v Palmy. That appears very unusual. Do you have any insights on things like this?

Ha! Well, LaggingBehind , I'm not Cameron Mooney from Bounce - and I'm not Sir Swamp Thing from Twitter - so my local stuff lies somewhere in between.
Good spotting on the Mt Gravatt losing margins. Hit me with a question - if I can't find the answer, I'll own up to it. There is a lot of info that I don't have - and its stuff that will never be found again unfortunately. (If anyone asks a Quarter-by-Quarter summary, I've got no chance.)

How about this in the meantime:
Which season had the most games determined by 1 goal or less? (I'm talking for a single comp.)

Turns out, it was 2022. There were 18 games with a margin of one goal or less (one Draw included in that total).
Runner-up was 1955 with 15 games (with four Draws included). Wilston Grange played in six of those games, for three wins and three draws. An exciting year to follow the Gorillas (especially seeing they also claimed the flag)!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back