QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Concerns around Mt Gravatt probably a bit more real. Lost half their playing list including all the topliners, they don't field a youth boys team above Division 3 in any age group, and their numbers have allegedly dropped below 250 juniors in total.

Clubs entitled to have bad years, and unlike Sherwood and Grange - they haven't finished bottom multiple times (or at all). But the question would be where does their rebuild come from? They didn't just lose topline QAFL talent, all their young talent went to Morningside and Grange. There is almost nothing in their pipeline, Colts consistently near the bottom and no youth talent to speak of. I reckon they've done well to get to the line at all.

Grange were a basketcase for 5-7 years, but have a great facility, a massive junior base and allegedly a bit of money and were always going to bounce. Now its Sherwood's turn to be a basketcase, but they seem to have a bit of money at least, and a big junior base, I mean they played in a prelim only 3 years ago. Can't see them improving this year, but they appear structurally ok. (though sounds like they might need a new coach and a new president!)

the issue is with mt Gravatt that they don't want to compete as a club, those in charge want to put equal $$ into the women's team which is noble but they don't have enough to do it and compete at AFLQ level. Will be a shambles of a year and then they'll go the Sandgate rebuild route

the issue is with mt Gravatt that they don't want to compete as a club, those in charge want to put equal $$ into the women's team which is noble but they don't have enough to do it and compete at AFLQ level. Will be a shambles of a year and then they'll go the Sandgate rebuild route
Their women’s team is way off QAFLW standard aren’t they?

Rumour has it Lachie Rayner could be heading back home to Victoria. Seems to be on the outer on the Lions VFL list and heard general home sickness is a major factor. Could be another hot to Aspley but have the class to cover this loss if it eventuates.

Rumour has it Lachie Rayner could be heading back home to Victoria. Seems to be on the outer on the Lions VFL list and heard general home sickness is a major factor. Could be another hot to Aspley but have the class to cover this loss if it eventuates.
I wonder if we will see Cam request a trade back home? Heard he doesn't have a girlfriend to keep him in Brisbane anymore after his antics in America……… what happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas

Concerns around Mt Gravatt probably a bit more real. Lost half their playing list including all the topliners, they don't field a youth boys team above Division 3 in any age group, and their numbers have allegedly dropped below 250 juniors in total.

Clubs entitled to have bad years, and unlike Sherwood and Grange - they haven't finished bottom multiple times (or at all). But the question would be where does their rebuild come from? They didn't just lose topline QAFL talent, all their young talent went to Morningside and Grange. There is almost nothing in their pipeline, Colts consistently near the bottom and no youth talent to speak of. I reckon they've done well to get to the line at all.

Grange were a basketcase for 5-7 years, but have a great facility, a massive junior base and allegedly a bit of money and were always going to bounce. Now its Sherwood's turn to be a basketcase, but they seem to have a bit of money at least, and a big junior base, I mean they played in a prelim only 3 years ago. Can't see them improving this year, but they appear structurally ok. (though sounds like they might need a new coach and a new president!)

'Still me', Please put an end to this bullshit. Youve called out Miller before in 2023. Calling 'Miller', Thommo. Was that a mistake Andy? Who deserves to be the ONLY person in the forum to be anonymous?..... Sherwood? What? ...You kidding?

I wonder if we will see Cam request a trade back home? Heard he doesn't have a girlfriend to keep him in Brisbane anymore after his antics in America……… what happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas

It probably depends what happens with his best mate McCluggage this year. And I'm pretty sure his mum lives up here too

always funny the stories that seem to get dusted off once a team loses a few in a row

Who are you in real life? What’s your name and club?
'Still me' wasnt the only poster to call out Miller as andrew in 2023. There was a low volume hi IQ poster mid last year that said Miller was Andrew as well. Cant be fkd going back through to find either.

Anyway, id hate to be Longy-Zillmere, proven to be deep throating Miller, with hands on his ass, when it gets revealed.

Club? Me? I liked Ipswich Cats the best.

'Still me' wasnt the only poster to call out Miller as andrew in 2023. There was a low volume hi IQ poster mid last year as well. Cant be fkd going back through to find either.

Anyway, id hate to be Longy-Zillmere, proven to be deep throating Miller, with hands on his ass, when it get revealed.

Club? Me? I liked Ipswich Cats the best.
I couldn’t care either way if it is or isn’t him. I don’t reckon it is. Not sure I’ll feel like I need to go to any lengths you’re suggesting. It’s a bigfooty forum champ, no one really cares that much. Seriously doubt Thommo is putting time in to a second account for whatever reason you’ve got floating around your head. But you run with your theory. I’m happy to bow out of the convo though, going back and forth with you is not for me. Go cats.

And on the subject of Potential Presidents for ailing clubs..

'Still me' is an extremely powerful candidate. Extremely successful businessman, has lived and breathed footy all his life, gave birth to a very successful club, proven QAFL player recruiter, etc.

Also, Ian Selth, ex Volvo Australia CEO, life member of Jindalee, took West bulldogs to div 1 in most grades from nothing.

Both men, PROVEN, personally successful and footy successful, with brains and networks.

'Still me' is an extremely powerful candidate. Extremely successful businessman, has lived and breathed footy all his life, gave birth to a very successful club, proven QAFL player recruiter, etc.

Also, Ian Selth, ex Volvo Australia CEO, life member of Jindalee, took West bulldogs to div 1 in most grades from nothing.

Both men, PROVEN, personally successful and footy successful, with brains and networks.

Are you on drugs ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyable follow up Scooby Doo episode.

To change channel for a moment can I ask what points Tiny Malone will be at Redlands? He will make a massive difference at stoppages.

Also Noosaboy, I’m sure you’ve probably already advised but how do the points work with Jono returning? Does he have enough junior points?

'Still me', Please put an end to this bullshit. Youve called out Miller before in 2023. Calling 'Miller', Thommo. Was that a mistake Andy? Who deserves to be the ONLY person in the forum to be anonymous?..... Sherwood? What? ...You kidding?
I did think it was Thommo right at start but like Longy pretty sure it’s not him as we have had discussions about who it is.

Can I assure everyone this is definitely not me with a fake account 😂

Enjoyable follow up Scooby Doo episode.

To change channel for a moment can I ask what points Tiny Malone will be at Redlands? He will make a massive difference at stoppages.

Also Noosaboy, I’m sure you’ve probably already advised but how do the points work with Jono returning? Does he have enough junior points?
Pretty sure a 1 pointer LB played more than 40 junior games at the Tigers👍

What made him leave in the first place? As well as what made him come back to you? Would have been pretty enticing staying at Aspley.
I’m pretty sure he wanted to play in a flag at Aspley which he has now done and the fact Luey and Rich are now involved at Noosa(and who he played with at the Lions)has enticed him back

I’m pretty sure he wanted to play in a flag at Aspley which he has now done and the fact Luey and Rich are now involved at Noosa(and who he played with at the Lions)has enticed him back
Interesting. You’d think most players would be chasing that next premiership. But great for him as a player he’s decided to play with Rich and for Luey. Clearly thinks he’ll enjoy it more playing with mates than chasing another premiership. Great to see that mindset and of course great for Noosa to have a big target up forward.

Is Luey in a playing condition that he’d suit up for a ressies or QAFL game if needed? Haha.

Interesting. You’d think most players would be chasing that next premiership. But great for him as a player he’s decided to play with Rich and for Luey. Clearly thinks he’ll enjoy it more playing with mates than chasing another premiership. Great to see that mindset and of course great for Noosa to have a big target up forward.

Is Luey in a playing condition that he’d suit up for a ressies or QAFL game if needed? Haha.
Petrol that much more expensive too 😅

With Round 1 being this week thought I would get my tips in

BROADBEACH
GRANGE
RVP
MORNINGSIDE
SURFERS
SHERWOOD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back