QAFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets get some whispers going here be it very early in the off season, We know Broadbeach have secured ex Richmond/ Southport player in Jacob Townsend .
Thats a huge gain but yet to see the retention of the playing group in 2022.

Lets get some whispers going here be it very early in the off season, We know Broadbeach have secured ex Richmond/ Southport player in Jacob Townsend .
Thats a huge gain but yet to see the retention of the playing group in 2022.

Not a whisper. Via Facebook. Nick Malczeski has stood down, Labrador are advertising for a seniors coach..

Last edited:
Wnat about the points system ... any whispers here of the changes

changes are made and locked in

The changes were a giant waste of time and have made it even worse. Ovens & Murray for example or any other premium league in Vic outside VFL are 3 point players - creating an absolute free for all. TSL is 4 points and WAFL, SANFL and VFL are 5 points.

Penalties for recruiting within the same competition are even more confusing than before and still don't fix the rising star poaching. No summary of the feedback provided by each club was provided and we just got sent a a new policy.

I was asked to come in for a discussion, and given a 6 day window of availability and within that 6 day window I was coaching a youth grand final team, playing in a grand final and traveling interstate for work, and because I was unavailable - that was that, no time to discuss the feedback or policy with the committee formed to update the policy. I followed up multiple times for that opportunity but seemed it was too late and no need for our contribution, next thing we got was the new policy, not in draft form - a finalised new policy.

The changes were a giant waste of time and have made it even worse. Ovens & Murray for example or any other premium league in Vic outside VFL are 3 point players - creating an absolute free for all. TSL is 4 points and WAFL, SANFL and VFL are 5 points.

Penalties for recruiting within the same competition are even more confusing than before and still don't fix the rising star poaching. No summary of the feedback provided by each club was provided and we just got sent a a new policy.

I was asked to come in for a discussion, and given a 6 day window of availability and within that 6 day window I was coaching a youth grand final team, playing in a grand final and traveling interstate for work, and because I was unavailable - that was that, no time to discuss the feedback or policy with the committee formed to update the policy. I followed up multiple times for that opportunity but seemed it was too late and no need for our contribution, next thing we got was the new policy, not in draft form - a finalised new policy.

*If a VFL player (or even ex AFL player) plays 1 season in the Owen/Murray league, then the following season comes to the QAFL, is he still classed as a VFL player or classed as an O/M?

*Has there been a Salary cap change?

Last edited:

Not sure why they ask for feedback and don't make changes.

The point system can be fixed but they won't listen.

they made changes, and they may well reflect the majority feedback and I accept that might be the case. They certain;y reflect a small part of our feedback, but also some unanticipated changes were certainly a surprise!

there is no function to know what the various feedback was as far as I am aware.

I took my young fella there when he was 15. No one suggested it, and rightly or wrongly, I just deemed it a 'destination' blue ribbon club where I had presumed he would be more 'visible', train with peers of a high standard, get a more 'professional' coaching approach. No one ever suggested the club, and speaking to a lot of the parents there, they also had never been approached to go to Morningside. They either had been there for years, or were the same as me and decided it would be a good place for their son to get his best opportunities.

Where all this 'Morningside poaches kids' comes from, I dont know? Ive never heard of 1 case of it. And dont worry, if i knew of one, id say so! I do know one particular Academy coach has been accused of being pro Morningside. But ive never seen it. I have heard him dismiss another QAFL club as an alternative, but no one i know has ever said that Morningside rang, or poached, or suggested, etc a player go there. And like i said, if i knew of a case, id say so!

Big clubs like Morningside are a self fulfilling prophecy. Because they are big and shiny, they ATTRACT kids (parents actually) who want the (presumed) visibility, coaching, talented peers, etc. Which of course makes them bigger, more depth, more success, more attractive; big and shiny.

They dont have to poach players. They turn kids away at 3 teams in each age group...

Lets be honest, nobody was going to chase a player with a problematic parent who has already been at 5 or 6 clubs, perhaps you landed at the only place left that would have you? (thats a wild presumption that I think I've finally worked out which nutcase you are)

Everyone knows the poaching happens, people have posted examples here before. They have even accidentally approached children of committee members at other clubs, been reported and gone unpunished.

The comment that they turn kids away at 3 teams is laughable. They publicly say rego is shut, keep 10 spots open and then selectively recruit those spots and people say "oh, where did that kid come from, I thought rego was shut, wink wink, nudge nudge"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Stuyd correct.A terrific player whose girlfriend is daughter of the Cornishs’ from Palmy.Didn’t dominate this year at Sorrento but missed a few games and obviously may not have wanted to be there.It’s a very strong comp the Premier division of the mpnfl right up there with the best in Victoria. He is a great get for Palmy!

Palmy will be super strong next season ,,,they were strong this season in all 3 grades

Hopefully. Will need to gain a couple more though to push the top couple of sides. We have gotten a lot of games into plenty of young guys in the last 2/3 seasons which obviously helps all grades in the long run

Hopefully. Will need to gain a couple more though to push the top couple of sides. We have gotten a lot of games into plenty of young guys in the last 2/3 seasons which obviously helps all grades in the long run
The intangible is the capacity to hang onto these guys. None are contracted on anything that doesn't allow them to walk away and go travelling for example. Its a tough ask at local level to "build" a group imo.

*Lets be honest, nobody was going to chase a player with a problematic parent who has already been at 5 or 6 clubs, perhaps you landed at the only place left that would have you? (thats a wild presumption that I think I've finally worked out which nutcase you are)

*Everyone knows the poaching happens, people have posted examples here before. They have even accidentally approached children of committee members at other clubs, been reported and gone unpunished.

*The comment that they turn kids away at 3 teams is laughable. They publicly say rego is shut, keep 10 spots open and then selectively recruit those spots and people say "oh, where did that kid come from, I thought rego was shut, wink wink, nudge nudge"

*"Lets be Honest"... then you go on to say you 'finally worked out' who i am... Despite you having known EXACTLY who i am from the beginning due to our conversation back when i first joined, via private messaging. Grandstanding liar.

2nd time youve attacked my son who has nothing to do with this. And even more disgraceful is no one else here stands up to an anonymous coward like you who slanders young players to score points against another poster!

Thommo actually liking the post... Thats the bigger wow..

Last edited:
Ha ha old mate bit harder than a Barra. Threatening to fight people on the interwebs. What a crack up

Mate, i make no complaints people having a go at me. Fair enough, i have a go at others. And i dont run to moderators like many here do. But dont bring family into it! Especially an anonymous coward hiding behind his keybord sniping at kids. He should man up and say who he is. Yeah, id meet the c*unt at any gym in Brisbane. Im near 60yo, fat, short, old, unfit and probably due for a coronary, and id still display more fight than that gutless dog.

Say what you will about me. Leave family out of it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back