Premier League team of the last decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Generator in the link, post your teams and after a couple of weeks i'll total them up and do a BigFooty best of team:thumbsu:

That was tough, I found picking a right back difficult. Also Rio/Vidic are probably stiff they did most of their best work in the late 2000's so probably weren't around long enough this decade. I guess one could argue the same with Gerrard maybe a little bias by me putting him in there. Although Salah is only into his third season, back to back leading scorers and setting the record for goals in a (38 game) season I think is enough to get him in. Maybe I'm just one eyed in whatever I do :shrug:

team-of-the-decade-78f43f71e7b5633f48ed740ac18ee6b0.jpg

1576643551982.png

Gone with those who have been doing it in the Prem for a long time. De Gea picked himself. Was tough to pick between Vertonghen and Kompany...but Jan just edged it for me. Baines was the best LB in the Prem for a good stretch of time. Azpi on the right but he could honestly fit into any spot in the back four. KDB has been here for what four seasons now? But the quality is unbelievable. Silva has been underrated (imo) and may be the best midfielder of the decade. Sterling's been doing madness since he was a teenager back in 2013/14. Hazard, Kane and Aguero picked themselves tbh.

Decade doesn't finish until the end of 2020 :drunk:
Technically, it doesn't but the 2010s period finishes this year. It's like the 1900s vs the 20th century. The 20th century ended in 2000 but the 1900s was a period that ended in 1999.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

team-of-the-decade-2b0d3dde1545f13cfa8cc55885c5ea6d.jpg

Very similar Cruyff14
Yeah midfield hardest, and deciding 1 or 2 striker system.
Hard to pick fullbacks,
Bloody easy. Not many worthy options so it comes down to Kolarov or Azpi on the left. If you chose Kolarov then Azpi is in over Zabaleta.
None of the other candidates have enough longevity to be picked. Either didn't play enough of the decade or not enough at a high level.

Same for CB. Vidic, Ferdinand and VVD haven't done enough at a high level in this decade. The former two were brilliant for a lot of the previous period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back