Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Barnett is only port linked if not in the top 40?

That's how it worked in the 2023 draft. West Coast and Bulldogs were both denied Academy players who were called inside the top 40 (Bulldogs player at 39). Meanwhile Gold Coast made out like bandits with 4 in the first round.

You almost want them to tank their draft year.

I hope Kenny is gone before I kick the bucket. However he has public service like tenure so who knows.

Even the PS would have made him take a targeted separation package before now.

Another Wakelin boy made the state U12's team. Assume it is Darryl's youngest lad. Hopefully Kenny is gone by the time he is F/S eligible...
Not a F/S just a Wakelin.

2029 - Bodi Westhoff
2029 - Max Salopek

2030 - Maikeli Rodan

2031 - Beau Schulz

2032 - Tomasi Rodan

2033 - Anthony Surjan
2033 - Zander Surjan
2033 - Alipate Carlile Jr
2033 - Jude Carr
2033 - Jack Dew

Yeah pretty sure daryl wakelin only has the one son.
Just selfish of Darryl. In fact, of all of our tall former 100+ gamers. Get baby making lads!

Wouldn’t surprise me if we are able to take most of the father sons and Benny as rookies. Recruiting due diligence in academy and father sons is always a bit less.

Whats the ruling around the nominations? Do you have to nominate if you’ll take them in the draft or as a rookie? Or like it was a few years ago, where you nominate and if they go undrafted you can add them as a cat B (for academy) or rookie for father sons?

Just realised the older FS eligible kids so far have all been flops compared to their younger siblings. Trent Burgoyne, Mitch Mead, Will Francou. Not sure if Ben Ebert played footy. Why?

Edit: perhaps I should insert "younger siblings that we've picked up". Obviously excludes the next Francou.

Another Wakelin boy made the state U12's team. Assume it is Darryl's youngest lad. Hopefully Kenny is gone by the time he is F/S eligible...

If its under 12s that would be Hugo Wakelin, who is Daniel Wakelin's son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just realised the older FS eligible kids so far have all been flops compared to their younger siblings. Trent Burgoyne, Mitch Mead, Will Francou. Not sure if Ben Ebert played footy. Why?

Edit: perhaps I should insert "younger siblings that we've picked up". Obviously excludes the next Francou.

Ben was getting tagged in primary school junior footy and lost his love for the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back