Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Beginning to wonder about the whole Hawthorn racism saga with Shaun coming back here and his kids getting more involved with us.

Then again, could just be it's the best development chances for his kid via us since he is based in ADL for his role with us.

Can we father/son kids who haven't played for Ken Hinkley's Port Adelaide? Because that's not the same team. Like Doc Neeson's Angels weren't The Angels.

OLI FRANCOU Local Club: Walkerville FC
Disposals – 22
Marks – 3
Tackles – 10
Clearances – 7

”Oli’s aggression and pressure around the contest was a real highlight of the day. With a team-high 10 tackles and seven clearances, he was able to get the job done on the inside with 22 disposals and distribute to our outside runners.”
North Talent Manager and U18 Coach Mitch Clisby

GILL WAKELIN
Local Club: Unley Jets FC
Disposals – 18
Marks – 7
”Gill had an outstanding game down back when plenty of ball was coming in. With 18 disposals, seven marks (many of those being intercepts), Gill had his opponent’s number all day.
”Spending the year up forward last year, Gill has settled into his new role down back and has been an important player for us, resulting in a breakout game on the weekend.”
Sturt Talent Manager and U18 Coach Scott Prebble

Pressure around the contest

schwing GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ky is the interesting one.

Montgomery and Rome are locks
Ky last year I'd have thought we would have gone over but Port do seem genuinely interested.

I don't think anyone is taking Ky personally.

Benny Barrett I suspect is a certainty to pickup.
Rome and Louie we'll see after the U18 champs where they sit you'd think, but you'd suspect we'd be likely to take them as rookies at least.
Oli Francou will be an interesting one.

I'm like others really keen to see how Gill goes in the U18 champs as an underager.

I don't think anyone is taking Ky personally.

Benny Barrett I suspect is a certainty to pickup.
Rome and Louie we'll see after the U18 champs where they sit you'd think, but you'd suspect we'd be likely to take them as rookies at least.
Oli Francou will be an interesting one.

I'm like others really keen to see how Gill goes in the U18 champs as an underager.

He’s no certainty to be picked as an underager as far as I’m aware though I wouldn’t be surprised if he was.

There’s a few mids that would have strong cases to be picked as underagers. Phillipou , BOB, sharp off the top of my head.

Not sure on the strength of key defenders to hold him out and how many underagers they pick.

The name will help him though.

He’s no certainty to be picked as an underager as far as I’m aware though I wouldn’t be surprised if he was.

There’s a few mids that would have strong cases to be picked as underagers. Phillipou , BOB, sharp off the top of my head.

Not sure on the strength of key defenders to hold him out and how many underagers they pick.

The name will help him though.
Ah sorry, I just checked the squad and yeah not sure why I thought he was in it. My mistake must've gotten confused somehow. Wakelin isn't in it.

Barnett is only port linked if not in the top 40?
At this stage Benny Barnett is ranked around mid to late 30s
Next is Louie Montgomery ranked around mid to late 40s

We have the picks to get them both if they maintain their rank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back