Potential AFL Player Watch Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright people, let's get our list together before draft day and see how on the money we are? I'll come back in a few days and put a list of the most likely forward.

Ok i'll give it a bash.

And pretty much in this order,

Morabito
Jetta
Lucas
Black
Sheppard
Fyfe
Duncan
Colyer
Houghton
Donaldson
Winmar

I think these guys will be joined by another 4 or 5 in the rookie draft maybe Kickett, Luff, Hutchings.

Edit: Forgot about Dennis-Lane, but still believe he is only worth a rookie spot, but I think one club will take a punt on him in the National Draft. And there maybe a couple of mature age players who I can't remember off hand.

Reckon Tundra is pretty spot on. I think these guy's will go in the ND:

Mora;
Lucas,
Jetta;
Black;
Duncan;
Sheppard;
Colyer;
Fyfe;
Hutchings;
Donaldson;
Weedon (shaping as a roughie to the Eagles at 22/23 supposedly);
Winmar (will his name alone get him drafted?);
Kickett (same question as above);
Houghton.

For mine, the bargain of the draft may well be Hutchings, who is all round good at most things but doesn't stand out and will likely slip. You will get a more than servicable player out of him though. I also think there are plenty of other WA boys capable of playing at AFL level that don't get a lot of press.

Reckon Tundra is pretty spot on.

Great post:D

Still not convinced that Jetta will be picked up at number 7 by West Coast.

I think Donaldson will be looked at by Freo in particular with the view that he can develop in to a full back. At 195cm he has the height. Pace off the mark needs to be worked on.

Great post:D

Still not convinced that Jetta will be picked up at number 7 by West Coast.

I think Donaldson will be looked at by Freo in particular with the view that he can develop in to a full back. At 195cm he has the height. Pace off the mark needs to be worked on.

Neither am I, but I'm certain Port or Melbourne will take him next, or as low as the bulldogs.

Really like Donaldson, showed so much more than a number of the Vic boys and gets no accolades, press, anything.:confused: I'm also confused as to where Dell'olio might go. I think someone should take a punt, personally I'd take him in front of T D-L, he's much more combative, the type of player I really like!:D Swans needed a few more of them against Subi in the prelim (yes, I'm still bitter!).

Well, just as well we had no money riding on that. Went down a lot differently, but maybe that's why we're not recruiters, hey Tundra!:p

Morabito;
Sheppard;
Lucas;
Jetta;
Fyfe;
Weedon;
Black;
Winmar;
Colyer;
Stratton;
Who'd I miss?

STUNNED Hutchings didn't get picked up, Stratton the left field pick, but I know the EP players rated him highly.

Well, just as well we had no money riding on that. Went down a lot differently, but maybe that's why we're not recruiters, hey Tundra!:p

Morabito;
Sheppard;
Lucas;
Jetta;
Fyfe;
Weedon;
Black;
Winmar;
Colyer;
Stratton;
Who'd I miss?

STUNNED Hutchings didn't get picked up, Stratton the left field pick, but I know the EP players rated him highly.

Swannies, you missed Houghton, Duncan & Dennis-Lane.

Freo was rumoured to be very interested in Stratton.

At least we were right about Jetta not going at 7.;)

Del'ollio, I think will struggle to get a rookie position, only because I think when players are a year or two older and a small forward they should be kicking plenty of goals. If he has a good year next year he might be a chance.

Hutchings was a surprise. I like him but I think we (Freo) have too many similar players at the club. But I could see he'd play a similar role to deBoer, who is almost our enforcer down at the club along with Suban. I think he'd be a very good tagger at AFL level, but the WA u18's Captaincy seems to be a curse recently with some either not getting drafted or having short careers a la Brett Johnson, Matt Spencer, Gary Moss, I think Nic Chidgzey was also captain in 2001.

Swannies, you missed Houghton, Duncan & Dennis-Lane.

Freo was rumoured to be very interested in Stratton.

At least we were right about Jetta not going at 7.;)

Del'ollio, I think will struggle to get a rookie position, only because I think when players are a year or two older and a small forward they should be kicking plenty of goals. If he has a good year next year he might be a chance.

Hutchings was a surprise. I like him but I think we (Freo) have too many similar players at the club. But I could see he'd play a similar role to deBoer, who is almost our enforcer down at the club along with Suban. I think he'd be a very good tagger at AFL level, but the WA u18's Captaincy seems to be a curse recently with some either not getting drafted or having short careers a la Brett Johnson, Matt Spencer, Gary Moss, I think Nic Chidgzey was also captain in 2001.

Very good point you make there. Hutchings is more inside than deBoer, if you understand what I'm saying. deBoer seems more like Lucas, runs and runs and runs to space. Not knocking any of the kids but Hutchings will lay a path for you, get the ball out, contest at every possible instance.

I mean, how can T D-L be drafted and Hutchings not?:confused: Makes no sense at all to me!

Anyhow I've put together a fair list of local boys that should get a chance in the Rookie Draft:

Kieran King;
Mark Hutchings;
Chris Luff;
Johnny Bennell;
Ryan Neates;
Damian Hayward;
Anthony Collica;
Rhett Mason;
Clinton Garlett;
Mitch Carter;
Mitch Brown;
Haydn Busher;