Potential AFL Player Watch Board

Remove this Banner Ad

A tiny bit undersized for a KPP in the AFL these days. Hopefully he gives it a real crack though. To be honest i was surprised Toby didn't make it.

Dell'Olio - cocky little so and so, but he can play.

From the Swans v Peel Colts I watched, can't understand why Bonnet and Pullman aren't in the squad?
Kris Wallings looked very likely, athletically, if they can just work on his decision making. Lance Daley looked good as did Clint Garlett.

Dean Beswick is a tough nut and a blood nut, so should be given a go on this alone, Rhett Mason had 29 touches. Luff was a little disappointing, but he may have been injured.

A tiny bit undersized for a KPP in the AFL these days. Hopefully he gives it a real crack though. To be honest i was surprised Toby didn't make it.

Bairstow played fullback today and was well beaten by his much smaller opponent who kicked 4 second half goals.

Bairstow certainly looks bigger than his listed playing height and weight.

Again Lewis Jetta was one of Swans best against Perth on Monday. He is just so well balanced and is a beautiful kick of the football. Unfortunately for Swans and other WAFL fans they will porbably lose him for 10 weeks to the u/18's carnival where he will be on display for all the AFL scouts to see. Is the Gold Coast coming into the draft at the end of this year? Pity, that's where him and Morabito will probably end up unless WC and Frem can do a trade. Gold Coast will need some seasoned campaigners with AFL bodies so with WC and Frem likely to finish near last they should get their picks soon after GC.

Lewis Jetta is 20 years old, he won't be in the U18 Champs.
Gee, that's a surprise. What happened to him then, was he injured the last couple of years? Can't understand how this kid would not have been picked up in the draft already and never heard his name mentioned before this year though I did see some lightening quick aboriginal kids towling my colts team up in a rain drenched colts GF last year. I expect he was one of them or was he too old for colts then as well?

He'll definitely get drafted (likely 1st round), but he doesn't have as well rounded a game (his skill set inside traffic is particularly lacking) nor the physical maturity as Rich. Jetta is shaping up as the leading mature age recruit from the WAFL - 20 year olds rarely get taken in the 1st round, at this stage 2nd-4th round seems more likely depending on the depth/quality of U18 talent available.

He'll definitely get drafted (likely 1st round), but he doesn't have as well rounded a game (his skill set inside traffic is particularly lacking) nor the physical maturity as Rich. Jetta is shaping up as the leading mature age recruit from the WAFL - 20 year olds rarely get taken in the 1st round, at this stage 2nd-4th round seems more likely depending on the depth/quality of U18 talent available.
Ok thanks mate!

Does anyone know how Swallow has been going this year?
Saw him at the under-16 champs last year and was seriously impressed.

Does anyone know how Swallow has been going this year?
Saw him at the under-16 champs last year and was seriously impressed.

Touring with the AIS U17s team ATM. Has played 2 WAFL Colts games so far (BOG in the 2nd one vs East Perth with 27d, 7m, 4 goals 2). Was in the AIS' best vs Williamstown and South Africa Lions ... the only 2 AIS games I've seen reports for.

Stats from 2009 WAFL Colts: http://www.sportingpulse.com/nf/tea...S&pID=189175267&client=1-2393-0-83215-4374310

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally think K.Lucas is dropping back a bit in the order of draftees. I thought going into this year he was a top 5 draft pick and one of the best midfielders in the country for his age. I think if he doesnt put on an impressive U18 carnival than he could drop back to 15-25 pick. Eagles and Freo may have a chance with him in their 2nd round.

For me players like Sheppard, Morabito will lead the way for WA's highest draftees. Would also think that M.Hutchings will be a top 20 pick along with Duncan.

Will their be more picks in the national and rookie draft this year with the GC getting a few rookie picks and also the option to draft 12 x 17 year olds and with them getting alot more picks in the following draft.

Kyanga and Jetta look like certainties for AFL as small forward pocket type players.

I personally think K.Lucas is dropping back a bit in the order of draftees. I thought going into this year he was a top 5 draft pick and one of the best midfielders in the country for his age. I think if he doesnt put on an impressive U18 carnival than he could drop back to 15-25 pick. Eagles and Freo may have a chance with him in their 2nd round.

For me players like Sheppard, Morabito will lead the way for WA's highest draftees. Would also think that M.Hutchings will be a top 20 pick along with Duncan.

Will their be more picks in the national and rookie draft this year with the GC getting a few rookie picks and also the option to draft 12 x 17 year olds and with them getting alot more picks in the following draft.

Kyanga and Jetta look like certainties for AFL as small forward pocket type players.

I'd be surprised if Kyanga makes a AFL list.
I may be on my own but I just can't understand the fuss made over him. He has lightening pace but not much else. He is too small and light, has average disposal and no depth in kicking. Over rated at least on BF IMO.

I may be on my own but I just can't understand the fuss made over him. He has lightening pace but not much else. He is too small and light, has average disposal and no depth in kicking. Over rated at least on BF IMO.

Im with you, he cant kick it over 40 metres. I'll give him some credit for bulking up a little.

Just dont think he has the tools after his pace.

morabito keeps getting better and better, kicked 2 today, pushed on from getting a nasty cork in the calf he is still only 17, 18 in october

Trent Dennis-Lane - #31 Subiaco

Been dominating for Subi... would be a great mature age (20yo) recruit for either Fremantle or West Coast. Kicked a few bags this year, and roughly equal with Brad Smith in the Bernie Naylor Medal race at the half way mark of the season

Well, there was a long list of kids I liked the look of in the U18 match:

Mitch Duncan, Josh Donaldson, Anthony Morabito, Nat Fyfe, Blayne Wilson, Swallow, Matera, Darling, Collica. Apologies to those I missed, but there were a heap.

I also like Pullman (Swans fullback) and Bonnett, who I've liked for a couple of years now. Daly isn't doing much wrong and van Gronigen was exciting the 2 matches of his I've seen.

I played 4 years with Kyanga up in Gero, and a few games againts him, there are players who are desprete for the ball, then there arfe players who are tenacious at the ball, then there are players who do downright stupid s**t to get the ball, then there is Kyanga.

While he looks light, he is surprisingly strong and a hard worker, he'll make a list on his work etthic/athletism alone

I played 4 years with Kyanga up in Gero, and a few games againts him, there are players who are desprete for the ball, then there arfe players who are tenacious at the ball, then there are players who do downright stupid s**t to get the ball, then there is Kyanga.

While he looks light, he is surprisingly strong and a hard worker, he'll make a list on his work etthic/athletism alone

I dont doubt his endeavour but is it enough to get him on an AFL list?

At the moment he's struggling to make it into an East Freo side that has been thumped over the last month.

I dont doubt his endeavour but is it enough to get him on an AFL list?

At the moment he's struggling to make it into an East Freo side that has been thumped over the last month.

He will get on a list for the simple fact he is aboriginal and clubs love that for some reason, not to be racist, but there has been some shocking aboriginal players to have made AFL lists, Freo used a second round pick on Clayton Collard, the laziest player in history, the hard bit will be sticking to a list, i believe he will be fine he works hard at what he does

Alright people, let's get our list together before draft day and see how on the money we are? I'll come back in a few days and put a list of the most likely forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back