Teams Post your official starting team for 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy with my team at the moment. Bit of money on the bench in mids, but you just can't play them over Viney, O'meara and Wines. Couple more weeks for them 2, hopefully make some money over the next two weeks, and maybe even justify staying in my team.

GgbYVkb.png
Just out of curiousity, did you start with Swallow?

Nah man, straight swap with Danger. No point hanging onto someone with a 219 BE and Swallow has 39. Pretty much guaranteed to lose money on Danger and gain big on Swallow.

Nah man, straight swap with Danger. No point hanging onto someone with a 219 BE and Swallow has 39. Pretty much guaranteed to lose money on Danger and gain big on Swallow.
Fair enough. I commend you anyway because you seemed to have jumped on some nice round one speculators, in guys like Krooze, Suban, Monfries and JJK :thumbsu:

Fair enough. I commend you anyway because you seemed to have jumped on some nice round one speculators, in guys like Krooze, Suban, Monfries and JJK :thumbsu:
Those 4 were all in at the start :) Trades this week were D.Martin to Rocky and Danger to Swallow.

Danger v Brisbane (2012 GABBA Rd 21)
20 kicks, 10 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles & 108 DT
Tagged by Patfull in the first half & Raines in the second half. Fair effort in a losing team.

Swallow scored 98 against Geelong at the corresponding Rd3 game @ Etihad last year.
30 possies in a winning team. Don't know who played on him that day.

See you in the vent thread after Danger outscores Swallow this week. ;)

Danger v Brisbane (2012 GABBA Rd 21)
20 kicks, 10 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles & 108 DT
Tagged by Patfull in the first half & Raines in the second half. Fair effort in a losing team.

Swallow scored 98 against Geelong at the corresponding Rd3 game @ Etihad last year.
30 possies in a winning team. Don't know who played on him that day.

See you in the vent thread after Danger outscores Swallow this week. ;)
He bloody better, needs to make up a few points :p

He bloody better, needs to make up a few points :p

Sure does. Would rather bring in a rookie I missed (Wines) this week for a mid pricer Lucas/Embley. Will then have 130k+ in the bank to turn Danger and or Greene into anyone I want should they score less than 90 between them again. I just can't see it happening though. I'll back them to smash out 120+ each this week.

I dont understand this
Danger is not going to loose money at the end of round 2, so who cares what his B/E is
Hang on to him this round, and if he scores under 100 (or getting tagged out of games too easily) then trade him out, it also gives you the benefit of seeing Swallow for one more week, to see if he can push up to the 110 elite category

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking about Ryder -> Kruz/Mummy then Lucas -> Wines.. then having 120k in the bank for an upgrade next week.

Good trades that should improved your teams scoring & setting yourself up for an upgrade. Nice work. :thumbsu:

I dont understand this
Danger is not going to loose money at the end of round 2, so who cares what his B/E is
Hang on to him this round, and if he scores under 100 (or getting tagged out of games too easily) then trade him out, it also gives you the benefit of seeing Swallow for one more week, to see if he can push up to the 110 elite category
I know he is not going to change after round 2, but I do not want to be burned by him again. Raines is a high chance to play this week and would not be surprised if another low score appears Saturday arvo. He is going to be tagged hard all year and round 1 was proof that he cannot handle it and the crows midfield are not able to offer any support to him at all.

On the other hand, I can definitely see your logic with keeping him one more week and giving him a chance. My team fired in round 1 and I do not have any changes I need to make (besides getting Rockcliff in), which gives me the luxury of sideways trading premos.

You say his high BE has no meaning this week as no price changes are made until next week... Yes you are partly right, but as I said I had no worries in round 1 that needed changes, I would rather make this trade this week and save next week for either any injuries that might occur or another bolter that I missed. 2 Trades before the bubble is not ideal if you are swapping Danger out with one of them, when I could have just done it the week before.

I know he is not going to change after round 2, but I do not want to be burned by him again. Raines is a high chance to play this week and would not be surprised if another low score appears Saturday arvo. He is going to be tagged hard all year and round 1 was proof that he cannot handle it and the crows midfield are not able to offer any support to him at all.

On the other hand, I can definitely see your logic with keeping him one more week and giving him a chance. My team fired in round 1 and I do not have any changes I need to make (besides getting Rockcliff in), which gives me the luxury of sideways trading premos.

You say his high BE has no meaning this week as no price changes are made until next week... Yes you are partly right, but as I said I had no worries in round 1 that needed changes, I would rather make this trade this week and save next week for either any injuries that might occur or another bolter that I missed. 2 Trades before the bubble is not ideal if you are swapping Danger out with one of them, when I could have just done it the week before.

So 1 round is proof that he cannot handle it? o_O Why did you pick him then? :rolleyes: ...it's not like he wasn't tagged last year.

As I said previously, I was so unsure with picking him to start with. I really shouldn't have, because I don't normally go with someone I am unsure of and made a bad decision. If he fires later I can always bring him back in. I just want to see some proof of it first. I see a lot of people trying to justify keeping him, I think majority of you are just hanging onto hope that he will fire, while we have other premo mids who are actually already firing. It's my choice, and ultimately I don't think it is going to hurt me. If Danger does fire, he won't outscore a J.Selwood, Kennedy or Swallow who I swap to anyway. I have the trades in hand so why not use them to minimize risk? If I had more important trades to make I could certainly see your point, but I honestly don't.

Also he wasn't actually tagged that hard last year, occasionally he was, but this year he will get swamped every game.

As I said previously, I was so unsure with picking him to start with. I really shouldn't have, because I don't normally go with someone I am unsure of and made a bad decision. If he fires later I can always bring him back in. I just want to see some proof of it first. I see a lot of people trying to justify keeping him, I think majority of you are just hanging onto hope that he will fire, while we have other premo mids who are actually already firing. It's my choice, and ultimately I don't think it is going to hurt me. If Danger does fire, he won't outscore a J.Selwood, Kennedy or Swallow who I swap to anyway. I have the trades in hand so why not use them to minimize risk? If I had more important trades to make I could certainly see your point, but I honestly don't.

Also he wasn't actually tagged that hard last year, occasionally he was, but this year he will get swamped every game.

just keep fixing your biggest perceived mistakes, if Danger is it then fire him... DT is a game of chance and averages... anything can and will happen.

specifically i think he may be suffering from something - ribs and rumored to have the flu before round 1... can easily jump back on later if he begins to get going, form slumps need to be avoided...

LOL all I see here is another person trying to justify sideways trading a premo based on 1 score. Also 1 score from the other premo's hardly constitutes 'already firing'. It's 1 score FFS. Half premo's that gunned it in Rd1 won't back it up this week. Go ahead and trade him out though, you've obviously already talked yourself into it. Hope it works out for you, otherwise will tag you in the FMDTL thread on Monday. :thumbsu:

Haha yea, we both obviously have differing opinions on it. Neither is right or wrong, both seem justified and make sense. We are just hedging our 50/50 bets the opposite way. I will be more than happy to either congratulate you on Monday or receive your applause :) This is why DT is so fun!

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Gwilt, Goodes, Pitard, (Stevenson, Heath)
Mids: Swan, Pendlebury, Cotchin, A Swallow, S Selwood, Wines, Viney, O'Meara, (K Mitchell, Kommer)
Rucks: Jacobs, McEvoy, (Currie, Rowe)
Forwards: Cox, Rockliff, D Martin, Karnezis, Byrnes, Varcoe (Maccaffer, Neade)

Didn't jump on Blicavs

Took 3 premium rucks although McEvoy looked slow and unfit so he might go this week.

Gwilt was a major smokey in the backs

Took lots of mid price forwards to cover lack of rookies.

2070 weeks one and just outside top 1000. Avoided most round 1 catastrophes, bring on the round 2 ones no doubt.

As I originally posted in the 'rate my team' thread this year is my first crack at DT and I came in first for my league on 1986 points - don't think the league is very good relatively speaking!

Regardless I have no clue on who to trade this week... also think I made some mistakes last week as Viney & Stevenson were on my bench.

Any suggestions on trades?

VietCong.JPG

As I originally posted in the 'rate my team' thread this year is my first crack at DT and I came in first for my league on 1986 points - don't think the league is very good relatively speaking!

Regardless I have no clue on who to trade this week... also think I made some mistakes last week as Viney & Stevenson were on my bench.

Any suggestions on trades?

View attachment 14780
What the heck is that being played on? Its isnt Dreamteam, which is it?

EDIT: It says Leuenberger played? Now I'm well and truely lost.
But there is NAB postings on the field.. What is this thing you have presented to us! o_O

He/she has the projected scores going, which means the assistant coach package is in full swing.

What the heck is that being played on? Its isnt Dreamteam, which is it?

EDIT: It says Leuenberger played? Now I'm well and truely lost.
But there is NAB postings on the field.. What is this thing you have presented to us! o_O

And what's with the fancy font?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back