Teams Post your official starting team for 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

i doubt he will be the sub against the hawks, but this article makes me think trading him is a pretty good option.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/16482380/embley-happy-to-be-used-sparingly/

He isn't a long term prospect, but this part makes me want to hang on to him for at least another week.

Embley said he hoped to play a full game against Hawthorn at Patersons Stadium next Sunday, but couldn't rule out more appearances in the green vest as the year wore on.

If he plays too many early games as the sub he'll never get the required match fitness under his belt to get his season going. Bit of a catch 22..I suppose. I'll probably back him for a full game this week, then trade him out as he'll probably be buggered and will be wearing the vest again a week later...

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Hanley, Pittard, Goodes (Stevenson, Heath)
M: Swan, Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, S Selwood, B. Hill, Wines, O'Meara (Viney, Mitchell)
R: Cox, Longer (Blicavs, Naismith)
F: Zorko, Rockliff, Monfries, Bewick, Karnezis, Macaffer (Dwyer, Rowe)

Forward line was never really satisfied with as well as M6, went with Hill over Whitfield which hopefully pays off. Forward line looks like I may have messed up but got the trade to fix it. Kommer very much on the radar if Hill fails after 2 rounds.

Hill looking like a great pick ATM. Kudos to you, sante.:thumbsu:

Hill looking like a great pick ATM. Kudos to you, sante.:thumbsu:

So far so good. It was between him and Whitfield all pre-season. He carved us up in our NAB Matc, which was one of the few games I watched.

DTRound 1.png

Tried to be cute with a couple of POD picks in Watts Titch Edwards and Lycett which have not worked at this stage. Deciding whether to stick with them and see if they come good or bite the bullet and downgrade/upgrade this week.

The team I finally settled on before round 1; with no computer access from yesterday morning until today (mainly after today's match), had to hope I had made the right selections and that players weren't going to get the vest:

scteam1apr.png

Loved my structure/team then Danger sucked. But the punts were pretty good so will ride it out.

B - Goddard, heppell, Gibbs, pittard, goodes, Stevenson (terlich, colquohn)
M - swan, swallow, danger, JPK, Boak, Lucas, wines, o'meara (Kommer, Mitchell)
R - Cox, smith (blicavs, currie)
F - Bartel, rocky, zorko, Cloke, karnezis, Kennedy (mccaffer, lee)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved my structure/team then Danger sucked. But the punts were pretty good so will ride it out.

B - Goddard, heppell, Gibbs, pittard, goodes, Stevenson (terlich, colquohn)
M - swan, swallow, danger, JPK, Boak, Lucas, wines, o'meara (Kommer, Mitchell)
R - Cox, smith (blicavs, currie)
F - Bartel, rocky, zorko, Cloke, karnezis, Kennedy (mccaffer, lee)

I really like this team!

Kudos on picking Boak, he was one i was strongly considering during the NAB but wasn't confident enough to start him.

I am guessing you will be trading Lucas and Smith this week?

Hmm can't say right now, imageshack seems to be down. A few of your other starting rookies of the top of my head.

I'm going Macaffer over Neade as he could be a sub risk. And Macaffer will probably score slightly higher.

Viney/OMeara over Mitchell as he could be a sub risk. If he played a full game I'd back him for 80 points.

Goodes/Harbrow over Stevenson/Pittard as I think they'll score more.

I really like this team!

Kudos on picking Boak, he was one i was strongly considering during the NAB but wasn't confident enough to start him.

I am guessing you will be trading Lucas and Smith this week?
Thanks CrozaN.
At this stage that's the most likely moves. Viney and Goldy/Kruezer in for them. I still want to maybe back my initial instinct but am torn with the opportunity to pocket extra cash and lock away guys who look good.

The 2 trades almost force you to chase potential quick cash now and next week in the same way we previously corrected wrong rookies. No different really is it....yet.
Cheers and good luck.

Better late than never I suppose.. oh well, this is my team heading into round two.

DT.jpg

Very nice team you got there , Jessbek. Really like your midfield and forward line has a lot more scoring power than they showed in Rd1.
The forward line looks better with JJK in there, opposed to Patton ;) but yeah cheers mate.

Very happy with my team at the moment. Bit of money on the bench in mids, but you just can't play them over Viney, O'meara and Wines. Couple more weeks for them 2, hopefully make some money over the next two weeks, and maybe even justify staying in my team.

GgbYVkb.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back