Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

That shithole has soaked up more public money than the NDIS
Parramatta stadium was $340m of tax payer funds. GMHBA is about the same mark.

Both are safe labour seats, both have governments trying to establish them at “second CBDs”. Easy way to win votes….

That's a toughish as the hyenas will come out and tell you how wrong you are.

I'll go:

1. Warren Tredrea
2. Robbie Gray
3. Gavin Wanganeen
4. Chad Cornes
5. Shaun Burgoyne

You mean Peter right? If so pretty close. Although, this might get a few barbs on here but your top 4 is spot on but Boak is 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick question. Carlton named their top 5 players every. Notwithstanding the fact that we've been in the AFL for a lesser time, what do you think is our top 5. Not in any particular order I thought of 3 obvious ones. Wanganeen, Tredrea, and Grey. With 4 and 5 being James and Wilson

I loved Wilbur and James, they definitely were fan favourites with the way they played but not top 5. Neither had any AA’s, B n F’s or any individual awards besides Wilbur’s rising star award.

If there was a top 5 most courageous they’d definitely be in that.

I loved Wilbur and James, they definitely were fan favourites with the way they played but not top 5. Neither had any AA’s, B n F’s or any individual awards besides Wilbur’s rising star award.

If there was a top 5 most courageous they’d definitely be in that.

If you did a best players in finals only, list, they zoom up it.

If you did a best players in finals only, list, they zoom up it.

Yeah true. Wilbur’s shoulder was literally hanging by a thread in 2004 too, and Roger James probably would’ve been subbed out today with concussion in the first bounce of the prelim he kept us in single handedly.

I know a bit about Hangzhou and how big and wealthy it is. Home of Jack Ma and Alibaba Group. Your profile says you are in Jinhua, have you moved to Hangzhou, or just travelling with work. Don't know anything about Jinhua, just that wiki says its bigger than Melbourne.

Were you based in China when we played games in Shanghai? Get to any of the 3 games? Or did you get there after 2020?
Edit, my wife just got back from Jinhua & said she could barely recognise the place, the level of economic development & general improvement in the handful of years we have been absent is staggering

That article is misleading. It says;

A similar model was employed by the West Australian government for Perth Stadium with the government contributing 60 per cent of capital costs towards the project, and the remaining 40 per cent picked up by the Westadium Consortium.

The WA government paid 60% over the first 3 years ie the construction period, and then over the next 25 years paid the Westadium Consortium the 40% along with maintenance fees.

So a PPP could be done for Tassie but I would expect any private component would have to be repaid over time by the Tassie government, unless they gave the private financiers/developers something else for free.

From one of the many documents I have on the stadium, which also includes the document linked below. DBFM = Design, Build, Finance and Maintain.

Part 3: DBFM Contract Award, August 2014​

As outlined above, the Stadium, the surrounding Sports Precinct, and some of the transport infrastructure is being procured through a PPP using a DBFM procurement model.

In August 2014, the Westadium consortium was awarded the DBFM contract, which includes a 25 year maintenance period. The consortium is led by three key members: John Laing (equity investor and asset manager), Brookfield Multiplex (the builder leading the design and construction), and Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions (the facilities manager leading the maintenance and services delivery, in collaboration with VenuesWest and the Operator).

Under this model, the State of Western Australia is funding 60% of the design and construction cost (paid during the three year design and construction phase) and Westadium is responsible for financing the remaining 40% of the infrastructure. The State will repay this amount over the 25 year maintenance and operating phase of the DBFM contract, as part of monthly service payments.

The total contract value over 28 years (3 year construction period and 25 year maintenance period) of the Westadium DBFM contract is $1.212 billion (net present cost in August 2014 dollars).

Westadium’s builder, Brookfield Multiplex has now awarded most of its key subcontractors and in June 2016, the Stadium Operator was appointed. As a result, the commercial sensitivity of certain information, which was previously redacted, has diminished.

For a detailed overview of the DBFM contract including previously un-redacted information (compared with the version first released in February 2015), please refer to the Project Summary available on the Department of Treasury website.

You mean Peter right? If so pretty close. Although, this might get a few barbs on here but your top 4 is spot on but Boak is 5th.

Could never have Boak in the top 5 mainly because of his kicking skills especially in front of goals.
Two times all Australian and our best ruckman ever ( Mathew Primus) has to be in our top 5.

No, I'm a big Shaun.

1. Warren Tredrea
2. Robbie Gray
3. Gavin Wanganeen
4. Chad Cornes
5. Shaun Burgoyne
6. Chad Wingard
7. Matthew Primus
8. Travis Boak
9. Connor Rozee
10 Zak Butters

The Top 4 is set in stone for the time being.
The next 3 I feel I could juggle around.
8 to 12 is a bit more subjective.
Peter Burgoyne could've been 8th.
Primus could be as high at 5th.
Travis could be between 8 and 12 or so.
Dan Houston might make his way in there if he keeps playing well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back