Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people who are technically boomers left school in the mid seventies with the oil crash and globalisation (manufacturing jobs going to emerging economies) not to mention thatcher and reagan
There's never much of a point to focus individuals or subgroups when discussing demographic trends.

Everyone knows demographics are not monoliths.

On SM-G955U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's never much of a point to focus individuals or subgroups when discussing demographic trends.

Everyone knows demographics are not monoliths.

A bit like decades. I’ve always thought in each decade the defining character of the decade is more around the year ending in 0 than the one ending in 5

State-by-state aggregation of Resolve Strategic over the past month:

NSW
L/NP: 33 (-10)
ALP: 38 (+3)
GRN: 11 (+2)

VIC
L/NP: 32 (-7)
ALP: 34 (-3)
GRN: 14 (+2)

QLD
LNP: 37 (-7)
ALP: 29 (+2)
GRN: 16(!) (+6)

NSW numbers might see ALP in the hunt beyond Reid and Robertson.

I'd find GRN 16 in QLD hard to credit, but even if it's nudged down to ~13, and predictably most of the gain in SEQ - they should be cleaning up Griffith/Brisbane/Ryan.

NSW

VIC

QLD

I'd find GRN 16 in QLD hard to credit, but even if it's nudged down to ~13, and predictably most of the gain in SEQ - they should be cleaning up Griffith/Brisbane/Ryan.
Green internal polling in Qld is also at 16%

NSW

VIC

QLD

Thise numbers look a little sus tbh. NSW as anti lib as VIC? ALP and Libs effectively neck and neck in VIC? Greens most popular state is QLD? Must be dealing with wide margin of errors.

Still, there doesnt seem to be any polls coming in that are margining of error in the libs favour.

Actually just read the article and * me.

“On these numbers, Labor will gain a two-party preferred swing to them in all states, but that will be just as much a result of the preferences they gain from minor parties like the Greens than direct gains from the Coalition,” said Resolve director Jim Reed.
“Nevertheless, that’s our voting system and it may well allow Labor to secure enough seats.

I have never seen the concept of one party winning government because it got the most votes expressed in such a lamentable framing.

Actually just read the article and fu** me.

“On these numbers, Labor will gain a two-party preferred swing to them in all states, but that will be just as much a result of the preferences they gain from minor parties like the Greens than direct gains from the Coalition,” said Resolve director Jim Reed.
“Nevertheless, that’s our voting system and it may well allow Labor to secure enough seats.

I have never seen the concept of one party winning government because it got the most votes expressed in such a lamentable framing.

And smoothing over the fact that the coalition is a coalition of 5 parties which just don’t run against each other in the same seat

Mackeller: The polling, undertaken by Ucomms last week after Scamps’s launch, shows Falinski’s primary vote at 32% with Scamps at 31.2%. With preference flows from Labor and the Greens, Scamps, a local GP, would surge ahead of Falinski.

Boothby: The Advertiser reports a uComms poll for the SA Forest Products Association finds Labor with a 55-45 lead in the Adelaide seat of Boothby, held by the Liberals on a margin of 1.4%

ACT Senate: A Redbridge poll of the Australian Capital Territory Senate race for Climate 200 had Labor Senator Katy Gallagher on 27% (down from 39.3% in 2019), Liberal Senator Zed Seselja on 25% (down from 32.4%), independent David Pocock on 21%, the Greens on 11% (down from 17.7%), independent Kim Rubenstein on 6% and the United Australia Party on 6% (up from 2.3%).

Seat polls aren't always inaccurate either. This one from 2019 pretty much preficted the primary swing away for Abbott a month out from election date:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Those numbers two weeks out from an election are unreal.

Sub-30 primary vote, behind 14 in the 2PP - it points to a landslide not seen since 1975.

What's the reliability of an Ipsos poll?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back