Play Nice Politics #3 - Covideo killed the radio star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
all that has got forgotten in amongst what has happened - that he resisted arrest, was wanted for sexual assault and had previous form in facing a weapon at police and had prior criminal history..a model citizen!!

It's degenerated and taking the debate off on a tangent (Black lives matter when it's police doing shooting but black women's lives don't matter when they're getting sexually assaulted etc). People who no doubt were/are like minded and were on the same side are now turning on each other.

Surely they can protest the police's ongoing disgraceful misuse of force without deifying some sub-human filth

The left tend to assemble their firing squads in a circle

is it jen..are you ok with that
No. There’s no ******* excuse for this level of violence. Particularly when there were children at the scene. He may have been a piece of s**t, but let the court system do it’s job. It’s not your place to be judge, jury and executioner.

what do you mean by that
Wtf do you think it means? As a police officer, it’s not your place to be the judge, jury and executioner. I don’t care if he’s a piece of s**t, or you think he’s a piece of s**t. Your job, is to bring him in so that he can stand trial. Or whatever it was they were wanting him for. Your job isn’t to gun him down, in cold blood in front of his children. You know what happens now? Apart from all the other people you piss off because of your violence, his children are now traumatised for life. How much are they going to respect white police officers from this point on? They need to urgently purge this type of police officer from their ranks...

Wtf do you think it means? As a police officer, it’s not your place to be the judge, jury and executioner. I don’t care if he’s a piece of sh*t, or you think he’s a piece of sh*t. Your job, is to bring him in so that he can stand trial. Or whatever it was they were wanting him for. Your job isn’t to gun him down, in cold blood in front of his children. You know what happens now? Apart from all the other people you piss off because of your violence, his children are now traumatised for life. How much are they going to respect white police officers from this point on? They need to urgently purge this type of police officer from their ranks...
I read your comment as you meaning me being the judge jury and executioner because i dared to post that he was not a model citizen in reply to a previous comment that mentioned Blake is not the only victim in this as someone has been sexually assaulted..you should have been more specific.

100% it is the courts role to administer justice but what is the latest on this guy going for a knife in his car after he resisted arrest?

No. There’s no ******* excuse for this level of violence. Particularly when there were children at the scene. He may have been a piece of sh*t, but let the court system do it’s job. It’s not your place to be judge, jury and executioner.

Comply with the police instructions.

Initially, I watched the video and was horrified - I heard he was trying to break up a fight between two people, and the Police just randomly shot him 7 times; which is indefensible. Then it comes out he had priors, an open warrant, was actively resisting arrest, and then ran over and reached into his car.

It's still a tragedy, and surely the Police have tasers or something, but it is nowhere near as cut and dried as people are suggesting.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comply with the police instructions.

Initially, I watched the video and was horrified - I heard he was trying to break up a fight between two people, and the Police just randomly shot him 7 times. Then it comes out he had priors, an open warranty, was actively resisting arrest, and then ran over and reached into his car.

It's still a tragedy, and surely the Police have tasers or something, but it is nowhere near as cut and dried as people are suggesting.
I read they administered the taser but it didnt subdue him.and 100% dont resist arrest as it makes a bad situation much more volatile

I read they administered the taser but it didnt subdue him.and 100% dont resist arrest as it makes a bad situation much more volatile
You are making excuses for this type of violence. THERE IS NO EXCUSE! there are many reasons why a black man might resist arrest in the USA At the moment. What followed Is proof.

You are making excuses for this type of violence. THERE IS NO EXCUSE! there are many reasons why a black man might resist arrest in the USA At the moment. What followed Is proof.

And this is the reason the US is a mess at present.

No nuance, no critical evaluation, just two parties adopting the most insanely polarised perspectives you can imagine.

How desperate to be on tv, are these yanks. Oooh look at me I got shot 7 times I’m famous.
I’m being facetious here.
Probably high on ice and “bulletproof “ or thought so at the time.

that the guy is a piece of sh*t and had been charged with sexual assault - what point are you trying to make?
I'm questioning why you think it's important - what changes in this situation if he doesn't have a police record?

Yes it does when he’s reaching for a weapon.
Do you reckon it affected the policemans attitude in this case? Had he not had a record, he would have been treated differently, and not been shot?
That's a pretty nasty state of affairs.

I'm questioning why you think it's important - what changes in this situation if he doesn't have a police record?
it is obvious - if he doesn't have a police record and he didn't have an arrest warrant out for him for sexual assault then he would not have been in the situation he was in where police were trying to arrest him

Do you believe if you do crime and then get an arrest warrant placed on you that you should not peacefully comply with that?

it is obvious - if he doesn't have a police record and he didn't have an arrest warrant out for him for sexual assault then he would not have been in the situation he was in where police were trying to arrest him

Do you believe if you do crime and then get an arrest warrant placed on you that you should not peacefully comply with that?
Of course I think you should be peaceful.

What you're hinting at is that the result here is more acceptable because of who the guy is.

Sam Newman was trying on a similar thing with George Floyd recently, with the George Floyd "is a piece of s**t", as if this should somehow make it ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back