Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So we're doomed either way is what your saying. Best to live it up now?

Here is a list of largest emitters to smallest emitters. Where does the crossover from ones that can do something to ones that can't do something occur for you? (List only goes down to NZ - actual list goes for about another 100 countries).

China

United States

India

Russia

Japan

Germany

South Korea

Iran

Saudi Arabia

Canada

Indonesia

Mexico

Brazil

South Africa

Turkey

Australia

United Kingdom

Italy

San Marino

Vatican City

France

Monaco

Poland

Spain

Andorra

Taiwan

Thailand

Kazakhstan

Egypt

Malaysia

Vietnam

Argentina

Ukraine

United Arab Emirates

Iraq

Pakistan

Netherlands

Algeria

Venezuela

Philippines

Czech Republic

Belgium

Kuwait

Nigeria

Qatar

Uzbekistan

Chile

Bangladesh

Romania

Oman

Colombia

Turkmenistan

Austria

Greece

Israel

Belarus

Morocco

Serbia & Montenegro

Libya

Peru

Portugal

Singapore

Hungary

Sweden

Bulgaria

Finland

Norway

Hong Kong

Ecuador

Switzerland

Liechtenstein

Bahrain

Ireland

New Zealand
I’m saying what we do here without the other bigger countries doing something then yes whatever we do will mean nothing.

Starting with the top 5.

So are you going to concede you were wrong with what you posted?

You're correct.

You don't want to at least try though? Or are you happy to face the likely consequences of a 'do nothing' game?

It’s what all people on the right are good at doing nothing. We would still all be in caves it someone didn’t try to see what is out there.

Why change things when it is all good today. Let’s not have a strategy for the future. Dumb arse right wingers.

One last one....

I made this argument a few pages ago! I wonder if we’ll withdraw from Afghanistan or the upcoming sequel, Iraq 2: Iran?

After all, we’re only tiny, we don’t make a difference

It’s what all people on the right are good at doing nothing. We would still all be in caves it someone didn’t try to see what is out there.

Why change things when it is all good today. Let’s not have a strategy for the future. Dumb arse right wingers.
As opposed to dumb arse lefties who voted for Bill and fell for his Big Mac explanation.

The reality is the majority of Australians didn’t fall for it, so who are the dumb arses?

I made this argument a few pages ago! I wonder if we’ll withdraw from Afghanistan or the upcoming sequel, Iraq 2: Iran?

Has anyone said we don’t make a difference in combat?

Nice try.

Is that your take? I think I’ve said numerous times that Australia won’t make any difference because we are pimple. Especially if the main players keep chugging along so I’m not sure how you could interpret it any other way.

So sorry if your gotcha moment was you not comprehending
They have an agenda surely you realise that? It's suits their leftist agenda to interpret it that way though we've both said substantially the same thing that it's basically an exercise in futility if Australia puts itself in economic pain whilst our competitors just continue on their merry way thumbing their nose at our efforts.

I quite like your SELECTIVE use of graphs...
Coal might not be as dominant in the USA's electicity generation as it once was but it's still a large player. Renewables still make up less than 20% in total.

The United States uses many different energy sources and technologies to generate electricity. The sources and technologies have changed over time and some are used more than others.

The three major categories of energy for electricity generation are fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, and petroleum), nuclear energy, and renewable energy sources. Most electricity is generated with steam turbines using fossil fuels, nuclear, biomass, geothermal, and solar thermal energy. Other major electricity generation technologies include gas turbines, hydro turbines, wind turbines, and solar photovoltaics.
Fossil fuels are the largest sources of energy for electricity generation

Natural gas was the largest source—about 35%—of U.S. electricity generation in 2018. Natural gas is used in steam turbines and gas turbines to generate electricity.

Coal was the second-largest energy source for U.S. electricity generation in 2018—about 27%. Nearly all coal-fired power plants use steam turbines. A few coal-fired power plants convert coal to a gas for use in a gas turbine to generate electricity.

Petroleum was the source of less than 1% of U.S. electricity generation in 2018. Residual fuel oil and petroleum coke are used in steam turbines. Distillate—or diesel—fuel oil is used in diesel-engine generators. Residual fuel oil and distillates can also be burned in gas turbines.
Nuclear energy provides one-fifth of U.S. electricity

Nuclear energy was the source of about 19% of U.S. electricity generation in 2018. Nuclear power plants use steam turbines to produce electricity from nuclear fission.
Renewable energy sources provide nearly 20% of U.S. electricity

A variety of renewable energy sources are used to generate electricity and were the source of about 17% of total U.S. electricity generation in 2018.

Hydropower plants produced about 7% of total U.S. electricity generation and about 41% of electricity generation from renewable energy in 2018. Hydropower plants use flowing water to spin a turbine connected to a generator.

Wind energy was the source of about 7% of total U.S. electricity generation and about 39% of electricity generation from renewable energy in 2018. Wind turbines convert wind energy into electricity.

Biomass, the source of about 2% of total U.S. electricity generation in 2018, is burned directly in steam-electric power plants, or it can be converted to a gas that can be burned in steam generators, gas turbines, or internal combustion engine generators.

Solar energy provided about 2% of total U.S. electricity in 2018. Photovoltaic (PV) and solar-thermal power are the two main types of solar electricity generation technologies. PV conversion produces electricity directly from sunlight in a photovoltaic cell. Most solar-thermal power systems use steam turbines to generate electricity.

Geothermal power plants produced less than 1% of total U.S. electricity generation in 2018. Geothermal power plants use steam turbines to generate electricity.

Nice try.

It’s exactly the same - we’re such a minuscule part, why don’t we get the big boys to sort it out? What we do wouldn’t help much surely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As opposed to dumb arse lefties who voted for Bill and fell for his Big Mac explanation.

The reality is the majority of Australians didn’t fall for it, so who are the dumb arses?

This reminded me of something I forgot to comment on.

Can you supply us with a rough guide to the main costings from the period 2200AD to 2300AD? Kthanxbai

I’m saying what we do here without the other bigger countries doing something then yes whatever we do will mean nothing.

Starting with the top 5.

So are you going to concede you were wrong with what you posted?

Nice try.

Now lets swap the two bolded around...

Has anyone said whatever we do will mean nothing in combat?

and

I’m saying what we do here without the other bigger countries doing something then yes we don’t make a difference.

So joining the combat wont make a difference so we shouldn't do it? First time I've seen you go against Morrison mate, welcome to the club.
And you actually think it won't even make a single bit of difference, so you reckon if we stop burning coal it will burn itself! Wow!

I might have to bring in a new hashtag #Elitelogic for this..

They have an agenda surely you realise that? It's suits their leftist agenda to interpret it that way though we've both said substantially the same thing that it's basically an exercise in futility if Australia puts itself in economic pain whilst our competitors just continue on their merry way thumbing their nose at our efforts.

I'm curious about your position on free trade Bicks. I'm led to believe a key thing about reducing tariffs is the competition that drives improvement in industries rather than having them blathering about just being inefficient.

So lets say Australia's energy costs rise due to renewables (what you say,by the way, not me) then wont Australia evolve very energy efficient businesses and technology that we can export to overseas?

Paying tax is a legal requirement for citizens of Australia that earn assessable income. How is that relevant to carbon emission reduction? Are we required by law to reduce our emissions by more than others?
Why'd we make such a dumb law when it wont make any difference?

I quite like your SELECTIVE use of graphs...
Coal might not be as dominant in the USA's electicity generation as it once was but it's still a large player. Renewables still make up less than 20% in total.

The United States uses many different energy sources and technologies to generate electricity. The sources and technologies have changed over time and some are used more than others.

The three major categories of energy for electricity generation are fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, and petroleum), nuclear energy, and renewable energy sources. Most electricity is generated with steam turbines using fossil fuels, nuclear, biomass, geothermal, and solar thermal energy. Other major electricity generation technologies include gas turbines, hydro turbines, wind turbines, and solar photovoltaics.
Fossil fuels are the largest sources of energy for electricity generation

Natural gas was the largest source—about 35%—of U.S. electricity generation in 2018. Natural gas is used in steam turbines and gas turbines to generate electricity.

Coal was the second-largest energy source for U.S. electricity generation in 2018—about 27%. Nearly all coal-fired power plants use steam turbines. A few coal-fired power plants convert coal to a gas for use in a gas turbine to generate electricity.

Petroleum was the source of less than 1% of U.S. electricity generation in 2018. Residual fuel oil and petroleum coke are used in steam turbines. Distillate—or diesel—fuel oil is used in diesel-engine generators. Residual fuel oil and distillates can also be burned in gas turbines.
Nuclear energy provides one-fifth of U.S. electricity

Nuclear energy was the source of about 19% of U.S. electricity generation in 2018. Nuclear power plants use steam turbines to produce electricity from nuclear fission.
Renewable energy sources provide nearly 20% of U.S. electricity

A variety of renewable energy sources are used to generate electricity and were the source of about 17% of total U.S. electricity generation in 2018.

Hydropower plants produced about 7% of total U.S. electricity generation and about 41% of electricity generation from renewable energy in 2018. Hydropower plants use flowing water to spin a turbine connected to a generator.

Wind energy was the source of about 7% of total U.S. electricity generation and about 39% of electricity generation from renewable energy in 2018. Wind turbines convert wind energy into electricity.

Biomass, the source of about 2% of total U.S. electricity generation in 2018, is burned directly in steam-electric power plants, or it can be converted to a gas that can be burned in steam generators, gas turbines, or internal combustion engine generators.

Solar energy provided about 2% of total U.S. electricity in 2018. Photovoltaic (PV) and solar-thermal power are the two main types of solar electricity generation technologies. PV conversion produces electricity directly from sunlight in a photovoltaic cell. Most solar-thermal power systems use steam turbines to generate electricity.

Geothermal power plants produced less than 1% of total U.S. electricity generation in 2018. Geothermal power plants use steam turbines to generate electricity.

Is there a point nestled in here anywhere Bicks? How'd you like that downward trend in the coal though, and upward in renewable. If you had to predict forward 20 years where do you reckon they'd be at?

It’s exactly the same - we’re such a minuscule part, why don’t we get the big boys to sort it out? What we do wouldn’t help much surely
It’s not at all and shows you just don’t get it.

Australian soldiers have and will continue to have positive impact in combat, ie there is something tangible you can measure our input.

Now let’s assume Australia went 100% zero omissions, would that have any impact on the worlds climate if the bigger countries continue to pollute?

I got pulled over speeding and told the police person that I represent only .00005% of speeding motorists. I still got a ticket. So based on that, it’s stupid to think that Australia shouldn’t cripple itself economically by reducing carbon emissions over and above international agreements.

I got caught with a pound of marijuana, I told the cop...........

Dumbasses.

Now lets swap the two bolded around...

Has anyone said whatever we do will mean nothing in combat?

and

I’m saying what we do here without the other bigger countries doing something then yes we don’t make a difference.

So joining the combat wont make a difference so we shouldn't do it? First time I've seen you go against Morrison mate, welcome to the club.
And you actually think it won't even make a single bit of difference, so you reckon if we stop burning coal it will burn itself! Wow!

I might have to bring in a new hashtag #Elitelogic for this..

Mate in your attempt to be clever you’ve actually confused yourself

Is there a point nestled in here anywhere Bicks? How'd you like that downward trend in the coal though, and upward in renewable. If you had to predict forward 20 years where do you reckon they'd be at?

Don’t worry the Neanderthals on the right have a “she will be right attitude”.

Not a progressive group of individuals as a collective - don’t want their cosy world disrupted. They are happy now as they have a happy clapper, homophobic PM in charge.

Don’t worry the Neanderthals on the right have a “she will be right attitude”.

Not a progressive group of individuals as a collective - don’t want their cosy world disrupted. They are happy now as they have a happy clapper, homophobic PM in charge.
You mean the majority of Australians who voted against Bill’s Big Mac Climate policies? Are they all Neanderthals or perhaps those that swallowed Bills attempt to explain his policy just dumb arses and gullible?

Might be the same dumb arses who thought refusing to answer questions on his climate costing was a good idea. What was your position on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back