Opinion Play or Postpone? Snap Poll

Play or Postpone Sunday

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So when would we play this if postponed? During the bye? This would result in us playing 22 consecutive games during the year because the other team couldn't field the team they'd like to? Ridiculous

Postponing was popping up as a solution late yesterday on media street. Thought it was a fair question to pose.
A few media rumblings suggesting that the AFL is totally pi55ed with West Coke suggesting their cavalier attitude to covid is a major part of the problem here. Might lose them some sympathy. This is going to happen all year so I suppose that's why they have the top up list. Just have to play on.

They have to play it or they’ll have to cancel future games when it happens to other clubs. Canceling it would open a can of worms.
In true A/VFL style I feel like this will happen later in the year and the whinging from the west will be off the scale.

And I'm all for it.

In true A/VFL style I feel like this will happen later in the year and the whinging from the west will be off the scale.

And I'm all for it.

I don’t think it will. Every club has a huge amount of players to pick from with the supplemental list. It doesn’t make sense to make all the clubs have supplementary players to choose from and then when a club is put in the position that they have to use it the AFL cancels the game.

A few media rumblings suggesting that the AFL is totally pi55ed with West Coke suggesting their cavalier attitude to covid is a major part of the problem here. Might lose them some sympathy. This is going to happen all year so I suppose that's why they have the top up list. Just have to play on.
I went over to WA in that short time us South Aussies were allowed. They West Aussies really didn’t give a s**t about any behaviors that reduced the risk of Covid. No one used Check In or masks so when Covid finally came they weren’t accustomed to doing what was necessary.

As I said above, they made their bed so they can bloody well sleep in it. Maybe their footy team having to forfeit is the kick up the arse the state needs.

heck the lot em.

fu** em. WA played their card, bragged about no Covid and isolated them selves. They can deal with the consequences.
You know I love you KT, This is a stupid take. Clearly the border closures were to minimise the cases, the”bragging” was to justify the plans, and to continue the plan. People can argue the severity of the disease but this dictator/power trip bullshit was rubbish. That govt took what they believed was the correct course of action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play on it has to be but FMD it turns into a bit of lose/lose situation for us. We win 'Eagles were missing half their team' blah blah blah, but if we somehow managed to lose this then we are in for a world of pain. Only acceptable result is a comfortable victory 30+ points.
I think any win has a big asterisk but I hope we do see some good signs

I say postpone. Wouldn’t you prefer us to compete with a team fielding their best? If we win it’s hollow….oh but if we lose it’s a disaster!!

I went over to WA in that short time us South Aussies were allowed. They West Aussies really didn’t give a s**t about any behaviors that reduced the risk of Covid. No one used Check In or masks so when Covid finally came they weren’t accustomed to doing what was necessary.

As I said above, they made their bed so they can bloody well sleep in it. Maybe their footy team having to forfeit is the kick up the arse the state needs.

fu** the lot em.
Suggestion is that West Coke were not particularly careful. Lets see if the story develops.

I say postpone. Wouldn’t you prefer us to compete with a team fielding their best? If we win it’s hollow….oh but if we lose it’s a disaster!!
There will be nothing “hollow” if we are belting out the famous song.

Injuries, weather conditions, Covid, sickness, etc it’s all part and parcel of the game. Let’s get stuck into the privileged campaigners!!!

There will be nothing “hollow” if we are belting out the famous song.

Injuries, weather conditions, Covid, sickness, etc it’s all part and parcel of the game. Let’s get stuck into the privileged campaigners!!!
Yeah mate obviously we’d take the win but as has been posted here already….”they had a wafl team….blah blah blah”.

This is a very weird conversation after watching every AFLW club suck it up and play through COVID disruptions - the only games that were postponed were when clubs were unable to field a team at all, and apart from the final this week each team affected by that rescheduling paid for it with multiple games in short periods.

I don’t get anyone having schadenfreude about it being a WA team. Any club this happens to will just have to get on with it and do their best. And no opponent will be mooning about wondering if it was fair. It’s life this season.

Finally, we beat them over there last year when they were full strength and we were poor. If we beat them with a few fill-ins it doesn’t mean we wouldn’t have won anyway. And if we lose it just shows that we are a wooden spoon team experimenting while they still have a premiership coach and lots of premiership players and can play ok when they put it together. They have a senior AFL team with a WAFL bench - from the way they and some media are carrying on you’d think the whole team was being recruited at the airport.

Back