Analysis Pick Watch - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I get many of us think it's demeaning to be forced to ask for a PP (aka fluffy bunny) but it makes sense.

You lose your job and you want to get the dole, you gotta fill in centrelink paperwork.

Your house burns down, you gotta lodge a claim with your insurer.

You want help in this world, you gotta ask for it.

Would be weirder if the AFL just handed out free picks whenever they felt sorry for a team.

The AFL world has a population of 18 (as opposed to millions for centrelink and insurance) and their performance history is on display for everyone to see. There is no information they don't have that they need to make the decision.

Luck or good management, SOS has traded for future picks from 3 sides, Dogs, Crows, Cats, all that are currently outside the 8

Only the Cats can make it
Definitely luck in the case of Adelaide, although I'm sure we projected to be a little further up the ladder as well.

Definitely luck in the case of Adelaide, although I'm sure we projected to be a little further up the ladder as well.

Agreed

But also good management to play the probabilities. Crows falling from top 2, but doubt anyone saw them dropping out of the 8

My early pick for a slider next year is North, bottom 4

Agreed

But also good management to play the probabilities. Crows falling from top 2, but doubt anyone saw them dropping out of the 8

My early pick for a slider next year is North, bottom 4
It'll depend on what they choose to do this off-season. They've picked up a pretty talented swag of kids in the last 2 off-seasons, but they need to reinforce that by trading out some of career battlers in the middle band.

Hibberd, Mountford, Preuss, Vickers-Willis, Nielson and Durdin are just sitting there gathering dust.

It'll depend on what they choose to do this off-season. They've picked up a pretty talented swag of kids in the last 2 off-seasons, but they need to reinforce that by trading out some of career battlers in the middle band.

Agreed, like us they also lack in that 23-27 group. They have had the best run of any team in the first half of the year, only using 28 players.

Their senior players have had a consistent year, not sure that can be replicated

Agreed, like us they also lack in that 23-27 group. They have had the best run of any team in the first half of the year, only using 28 players.

Their senior players have had a consistent year, not sure that can be replicated
Yep a bit like us last year with the Gibbs/Doch/Murphy/Simmo/Kreuzer + cripps til injury carrying us as our special 6.

Could end up with pick 24 & 27 worst case scenario

Still good picks regardless
when you consider a player like tdk went 30........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If North win, it will be 24 and 25 before compo and PPs etc. I like the idea of back to back picks (not that we'll keep them).

Amazing outcome.

I was expecting about 28 and 34 at the beginning of the season.

In unrelated news, does anybody need a 2nd hand dog or crow voodoo doll?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back