Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

Some North numpty was posting that Zurhaar is twice the player SPP is lol

SPP got more Brownlow votes in 2022 than Zoehrer has in his whole career - in fact SPP is nearly twice the player in Brownlow terms (19 votes to 10).

jsPGYLei.jpg
Sam and Charlie together in our forward line, put the wind up oppo defenders. Would love to see their double act working at full force on the MCG this September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Managed to get into the change rooms after the Collingwood loss, through some completely obscure associations with Carr.
What struck me is how much SPP has come on as an ambassador of the club. Completely taken aback with the manner in which he interacted, without prompting, with the kids who were present. A rub on the head, a high 5 - splendid diplomacy. The others, despite the loss, were friendly when asked, but for SPP it was completely natural and unrequested.
Great marketing tool.

We have to seriously think about playing Powell-Pepper in back of the rotation minutes of the midfield and more centre bounces.

He has the tank and as others stated he gives us some grunt in there that Wines use to give us a bit.

sometimes I feel like we need Sam in the midfield for his crash/bang, forcing the issue to change things up/turns things around at times
I can't understand for the life of me when we are crying out for a clearance in the last quarter why they don't chuck him in. I understand he's settled at HF, but throw him in there like Clarko would with Shaun Burgoyne back in the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back