Perth Drivers are absolutley s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
There can be no denying it, whether merging, using a freeway, indicating, giving way to the right, giving way to pedestrians, considering other motorists, or using a roundabout, Perth motorists will suck at it.

I have driven in most capital cities in Australia, I've driven in Italy, France, and the UK and Perth takes the cake. What is it about our road users? Are we too ill-mannered, too self involved or careless? Are we not taught how to drive properly?

Leave your horrendous Perth road stories here.

We are an absolute disgrace.

Merging is what does my head in the most. It's the most simple thing in the world, and people continually **** it up. Is it really that hard to increase/decrease speed to allow another vehicle in without coming to a complete stop? Hell no.

Also is it really that important for you to arrive at your destination 1 car length ahead of where you currently are? Really? What's the worst thing that could happen if you let 1 car in? Seriously, I'd like to know.

As a group we are selfish, ignorant and just plain useless.

We are an absolute disgrace.

Merging is what does my head in the most. It's the most simple thing in the world, and people continually **** it up. Is it really that hard to increase/decrease speed to allow another vehicle in without coming to a complete stop? Hell no.

Also is it really that important for you to arrive at your destination 1 car length ahead of where you currently are? Really? What's the worst thing that could happen if you let 1 car in? Seriously, I'd like to know.

As a group we are selfish, ignorant and just plain useless.
I got run off the road because this ******** behind me hit the accelerator in the merging and got half a car-length infront of me in a single lane, Just selfish selfish drivers
also changing lanes, indicator means "let me in" not "speed up so i can go behind you"
worst is the people who DONT let you come in for some strange reason:confused:

People take driving like a massive race, but in a continuous line of traffic there are no winners, only arseholes who are too bloody selfish to let you in.

One time some hick jumped out of his navara and punched my passenger side window because he thought I cut him off, the fact that I was in the right lane and we were approaching red lights didn't seem to register. I ddn't give him any reaction, just stoicism. He then proceeded to stalk me down the freeway from south st to mounts bay road, speeding up to drive alongside me to yell abuse, then getting in front of me and slowing down. All the while I didn't react to his provocations until the last minute when I gave him the cry baby motion and kisses goodbye as I was turning off at mounts bay road. He turned accross a line of trafic and over the raised paint of the freeway exit slip and then followed me around perth for a few blocks. It was a bit creepy.

Is it so hard to merge? Thats one of my biggest erks, when people just try to force their way infront of you. It seems that only a few of us actually indicate when we have to merge.

I absolutely hate it when i'm driving back from the girlfriends. There is always traffic parked in the left hand lane on Beaufort street.
When people see this, go into the left lane to accellerate upto a parked car then try to wedge their way into traffic it pisses me off so much!

I have to admit, that if someone does that (it always seems to be the same drivers (I've seen one guy do it around 5pm about 8 times)) I don't let them in. I know that may come across as arrogant, but when I have been waiting for a light change for near on 10 minutes why would I let some little toss pot who thinks he's important in.

Rant Over.

Is it so hard to merge? Thats one of my biggest erks, when people just try to force their way infront of you. It seems that only a few of us actually indicate when we have to merge.

I absolutely hate it when i'm driving back from the girlfriends. There is always traffic parked in the left hand lane on Beaufort street.
When people see this, go into the left lane to accellerate upto a parked car then try to wedge their way into traffic it pisses me off so much!

I have to admit, that if someone does that (it always seems to be the same drivers (I've seen one guy do it around 5pm about 8 times)) I don't let them in. I know that may come across as arrogant, but when I have been waiting for a light change for near on 10 minutes why would I let some little toss pot who thinks he's important in.

Rant Over.

Different bit of road but i do the same thing... How hard is it to actually merge lol

Im not normally an angry person but you should see the road rage come out when im driving lol

Different bit of road but i do the same thing... How hard is it to actually merge lol

Im not normally an angry person but you should see the road rage come out when im driving lol
I need a swear jar in my car as well.. I don't suffer fools kindly and perth roads seem to have loads of them.

BTW I think the ageing population is only going to make it worse as the baby boomers get slower and slower.

*EDIT* Not meaning to be an ageist, some older drivers are actually very good. Just sometimes a bit slow.

I need a swear jar in my car as well.. I don't suffer fools kindly and perth roads seem to have loads of them.

BTW I think the ageing population is only going to make it worse as the baby boomers get slower and slower.

*EDIT* Not meaning to be an ageist, some older drivers are actually very good. Just sometimes a bit slow.

I received a summons to court the other day for an accident that happened 2 years ago. The aboriginal Liason officer at Cannington Police station came speeding up behind me doin approx. 100 in a 60 zone almost hit me and then gave me a mouth full and sped off.

We both ended up on the Kenwick Link and we stopped at the lights. She was the first in the queue and I was second. My brother gave her the finger and when we took off through the lights she slammed on her brakes and I plowed up her rear end.

My car was ruined and hers just had a loose bumper and some scratches. Now i'm being sued for 5 grand. Seems to me that bumpers are an expensive commodity nowadays.

I hate people.

Don't go there. I've only had my licence for about...5-6 months, and in that time I've been in two near miss accidents, both not my fault (will explain why).

The first was driving along Dixon Road. Don't know if any of you have been down there, but it's more the industrial area of Rockingham, so there's a few streets turning off it, a majority of them with "Give Way" or "Stop" signs. Anyway, driving down there, and this silly bitch decided to pull out in front of, but she couldn't go the whole way because a car was already halfway. So, she stops and puts her hand out for me to stop and just looks at me. I was like :eek: as I slammed on my breaks, finishing literally a cm from her car. My friend thought it was hilarious and couldn't stop laughing at me.

The second was driving down Read Street near HJ's. I was in the right lane, as I needed to turn down the next street (don't like leaving it to the last minute) and had my lights on. Anyway, this silly woman pulled out of the street where HJ's is, went halfway, and then I realised she wasn't slowing down, and that she was going to keep going. I was so shocked that I slammed on my breaks, and had to swerve around her to completely miss her...lucky there was no car in the left lane!! She just gave me the finger and kept driving.

I hate merging as well. It drives me nuts that people wait til the last minute to get into the left lane...you should already fecking be in there!!!!

Been in Perth about two years and I am still *ing frustrated (and puzzled) with why people don't move into the intersection when turning right when the light is green. They stop on the line of the traffic lights and then the light goes orange and nobody gets around. *ing does my head in. I have taken to driving around them and stopping in the middle of the intersection, do that all the time on Orrong road when turning into Archer street.

ATTENTION PERTH - Please move into the intersection so we can all get around!!!

And why don't people move once the boom gates are up, they wait for the lights to stop flashing, probably in the right legally but come on people get a move on, you just saw the train go past, the gates are up hit the accelerator!

Perth drivers are slow and stupid.

Yes it's very imporant to win the freeway race. I want to get home and relax not sit in a hot car in the hot sun :D

This one guy had absolutley no clue he cut me off, so i hopped out of my navara and punched his passenger window.

Ok serious now.

People are terrible at merging, how hard can it be to get up to the speed limit when you are entering the freeway. Blame the people doing 60 trying to enter a 100 zone. It causes sudden breaking which usually means it will all eventually come to a stop.

Yes i drive fast but i'm not a big lane switcher. I still try and get home quickly but won't put people at risk for it.

People who are unaware annoy me the most. Just fixed on the car infront and thats it. 2 years of driving and haven't even been close to an accident. :thumbsu:

Atleast with freeway racers you know exactly what they are going to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And why don't people move once the boom gates are up, they wait for the lights to stop flashing, probably in the right legally but come on people get a move on, you just saw the train go past, the gates are up hit the accelerator!

I know a couple of people that have been fined for that. And yeah, people not moving out to turn right is bloody annoying.

Just plain selfishness is the major problem.

Some people will get in coreect lanes nice an early, then they see someone wanting to get in that lane they think F U should have got in it earlier im not letting u in.
So they speed up to stop them coming in infront of them etc.

I will normally just try an let them in or speed up so they can get behind its really not that big a deal.

Also hate all the 2lanes at traffic lights then turns into a single lane on other side of lights.
So many cars bunched up an then trying to merge not good when noone wants to give an take these days

Drivers who go slow in a 110klm zone is fine but when they get to an overtaking lane they speed up to 110klms+ dam annoying.Drivers who go slow but speed up a hill then slow down on the other side.
It doesn't annoy me but I wonder why people tailgate a truck,they swerve to the centre of the road to see if it is safe to pass when all they have to do is trail further back and then they can see,simple.
Sometimes I play a game at the lights,I pull up at a red light but leave about a half car length in front of me(slightly to the right of the lane) then I move forward a little bit then watch as the car behind does it and the one behind him and so on.You will be amazed how many times some people will creep forward each time you do it:D

Sometimes I play a game at the lights,I pull up at a red light but leave about a half car length in front of me(slightly to the right of the lane) then I move forward a little bit then watch as the car behind does it and the one behind him and so on.You will be amazed how many times some people will creep forward each time you do it:D
I hope you aren't leaving big gaps near the top of the lights when there is a turning lane people might be trying to get in to ;)

I know a couple of people that have been fined for that. And yeah, people not moving out to turn right is bloody annoying.

I must admit that when I first started driving, doing this was so hard. It used to freak the s**t out of me. Now it's not so bad, have to do it everyday coming home from uni so I'm slowly getting used to it.

I received a summons to court the other day for an accident that happened 2 years ago. The aboriginal Liason officer at Cannington Police station came speeding up behind me doin approx. 100 in a 60 zone almost hit me and then gave me a mouth full and sped off.

We both ended up on the Kenwick Link and we stopped at the lights. She was the first in the queue and I was second. My brother gave her the finger and when we took off through the lights she slammed on her brakes and I plowed up her rear end.

My car was ruined and hers just had a loose bumper and some scratches. Now i'm being sued for 5 grand. Seems to me that bumpers are an expensive commodity nowadays.

I hate people.

That sucks mate. Did you not have insurance?

That sucks mate. Did you not have insurance?

Nah, it was my old mans car..
What made it blow even worse I was on my way to one of my many hospital appointments. I had to miss it, then I got really sick and had to be admitted back into hospital.

Turns out it wasn't her car either, so the owners suing me.. :(

So you're criticising people for not breaking the law :rolleyes:

you're a chump :thumbsdown:

So you're criticising people for not breaking the law :rolleyes:

you're a chump :thumbsdown:
Here's an Idea. If the car behind you is not a cop car/commodore then get going quickly.

I doubt a cop would stop traffic/swerve around just so he could tell you to stop being so sane!

Here's an Idea. If the car behind you is not a cop car/commodore then get going quickly.

I doubt a cop would stop traffic/swerve around just so he could tell you to stop being so sane!

They drive Falcons too.

I'm a madly parochial Sandgroper, and yet agree completely. Perth drivers are by FAR the worst in the world. I've driven in all Australian cities, London, New York and about 40 countries. Our drivers are a disgrace. Never use indicators to turn, merge or change lanes...hoon around being idiots. They get in the right lane at lights, not indicate they're turning right until there's a heap of cars behind them...then indicate. Shocking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back