Past players - >>> 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely this guy gets promoted and thrown in the forward line at some time next year if we don't get a KP forward in the PSD. He'll no doubt be promoted anyway.

Can anyone expand on Zomer's year this year and what his footy skills are like?

Cheers.

Surely this guy gets promoted and thrown in the forward line at some time next year if we don't get a KP forward in the PSD. He'll no doubt be promoted anyway.

Can anyone expand on Zomer's year this year and what his footy skills are like?

Cheers.

He played the majority(if not all of his games in the reserves) and played pretty well as a KP target up forward, however he had some massive setbacks during the year which definitely set him back.

He had a few injuries and then caught a bad cold(Glandular?) which mean he lost a good 5 or so kg's over a few weeks, and it was a long hike back from there.

He played the majority(if not all of his games in the reserves) and played pretty well as a KP target up forward, however he had some massive setbacks during the year which definitely set him back.

He had a few injuries and then caught a bad cold(Glandular?) which mean he lost a good 5 or so kg's over a few weeks, and it was a long hike back from there.
Thanks for the info. :thumbsu:

Re: 45. Matthew Whelan

definatly. we need his determination and grit as someone who our young players can aspire towards

Re: 41. Nathan Carroll

Only good he was for was to buff up our backline, like why we picked Pickett for instance, now our midfeild is getting down and dirty thanks to Pickett's influence.

Hard to believe how well he played in that EF considering it was only his 3rd year of football, and he would have been what, 21?

He's got premiership captain written all over him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: 41. Nathan Carroll

for anyone interested, Clint Bizzel made his acting debut on feb 8th when he appeared in an episode of City Homicide. it's only a matter of time before we see him taking it to international terrorists John McClane style

Just hearing what he had to say in a few interviews last year, I remember one on ground after the final siren (must of been the win against freo), the things he said and the passion he said it with suggests he'd give it everything to help bring the Red and Blue back to a force. Robbo will be back, I just hope to his best. God knows we need him to kick to.

Simon Buckley

Now I had high hopes for this bloke after his finish to last season but I'm upset to have found out about his injury/form.

First of all how bad is his groin injury? Soreness? Did he do it at training? Did he do it during the match last week? How many weeks?

Second; I've read many supporters criticising his game. Is he in your best 22? Can you see him keeping his spot once he is injury free?

Re: Simon Buckley

I've got no clue about this injury at all. I hope he is back soon.

However, we've got a good core group of inside midfielders (McLean, Moloney, Jones, Valenti), who need to improve their hard running and ball use. But when you look at our outside midfielders Bruce and Green (and I'd class Wheatley here) are getting on and next in line are Morton and then Buckley. So there is a huge opportunity for Buckley. He has the pace and can kick a football beautifully he just needs to learn where to run and how to pick the right options and then hit the right target. I think you would find if he was playing for Geelong he would get 25 each week and hit targets beautifully but he isn't.

He has a great opportunity to cement his place this year before the possible emergence of Blease, Bail and other young players.

Re: Simon Buckley

He is definately in my best 22. If played in the right spot, he can be damaging. That said, he also needs to learn about accountability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back