Past Player - Kurt Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope what everyone is saying about him staying is true as he has an enormous future and hopefully this is with us but I will be waiting until he signs on the dotted line.

About 24 months ago West Coast Supporter were saying the exact same things about Chris Judd stay in Perth.

Judd's main reason for returning was the drug culture at the Eagles as Capt he got sick of dealing with off field issues and this is why he did not chose to talk to Hawthorn

We have an outstanding culture at our club

Those who think Kurt's decision will come down to money are completely off the mark

Kurt seems to be a very driven environment, he has a huge competitive nature and I believe the opportunity to play in a successful era will be what he is chasing not money

Kurt has that opportunity at Adelaide, a club with a great young list, fantastic facilities, unlimited resources, excellent coaching panel, a great culture and a very professional environment

I donot believe that Kurt would pass up the opportunity to win a premiership or two in the next 5 years to go to the GC which are probably 5-10 years away from being a serious threat

people need to stop pushing the panic button, the deal should hopefullyget done over pre-season or early in the 2010 season

Emma Quayle rates Kurt Tippett as the biggest steal.

One to settle a perennial argument on this site: who, in the eyes of the sage of Spencer Street, is biggest draft steal of all time?

"I won't count James Hird, Chris Grant and all those guys because that's ancient history now. I don't think Kurt Tippett is the biggest steal quite yet, but I think he will be in time. When you look at how well he performed in his draft year and at all the talls who were picked ahead of him, I can't believe he got into the 30s. In 2nd place: Cyril Rioli, should have been in the top 10 for sure but I'm biased!" comes the answer.

http://bigfooty.com/forum/blog.php?b=783

EDIT: Should mention...thinks he will be, as opposed to does.

Keep in mind he'd only played 30 odd games of footy and was playing in a state side that spends the majority of its time playing scrubs and Southport > QFL scrub teams.

He was still considered a project in a suposed 'super draft' so most teams, including us, went for....a .....'sure thing'.....oh god.

Keep in mind he'd only played 30 odd games of footy and was playing in a state side that spends the majority of its time playing scrubs and Southport > QFL scrub teams.

He was still considered a project in a suposed 'super draft' so most teams, including us, went for....a .....'sure thing'.....oh god.
Whilst you are right, surely the alarm bells started ringing through recruiters heads when he did this in the TAC Cup (I think against Calder).

1ouplc.jpg

Anyone who rocks up for a game and kicks 7 goals, 6 contested marks etc....recruiters must have been having a little fap. Maybe it was only Jimmy Fanta.

Isn't there a rumour that we were going to take Tippett with our first pick and only didn't because Jimmy slid? Rendell was so excited when McKernan fell to 28 that he couldn't stop talking about it in interviews afterwards, imagine if he'd been our 06 recruiter :D

I have a feeling with Smack that maybe recruiters were trying so hard not to lend too much weight to his rating off the back of that last name, that a few went a little overboard and rated him below where he should've been. I've heard similar things about poor judgments of Ablett Junior as a youngster. It does happen.

Time will tell.

Isn't there a rumour that we were going to take Tippett with our first pick and only didn't because Jimmy slid? Rendell was so excited when McKernan fell to 28 that he couldn't stop talking about it in interviews afterwards, imagine if he'd been our 06 recruiter :D

Only he'd be trumpting how he had rated Tippett at #1 in the draft(controversially ahead of Gibbs) and was absolutely rapt that he had fallen to pick 14(Sorry Jimmy:eek:), then probably Mackay, his 2nd pick at #7, maybe then Robbie Gray(rate this bloke) at #12 with his 3rd... ahhh you catch my drift:D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/87291/default.aspx

Gold Coast offer wasn't tempting: Tippett

“There was a little bit of heat [on me to stay]. It was great to hear everyone’s support because they all wanted me to stay in Adelaide and so did I. My manager was keen for me to weigh up all the options, although my sole focus was always staying in Adelaide.

He doesn't actually say the offer wasn't tempting as such in the article, despite the title. But he indicates (for the fiftieth time) that he always wanted to stay with the Crows.

Good to see he's starting his first uninjured preseason :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was he last year?

I hope he's still maintained his level of fitness!

Edit: According to footywire.com he was 100kg last season. How did he gain 7kg?! That's a pretty massive gain for an already massive bloke!

He apparently grew 2cm as well :thumbsu::confused: according to the players section on the website, he was 201cm, he's now 203cm....

He apparently grew 2cm as well :thumbsu::confused: according to the players section on the website, he was 201cm, he's now 203cm....

Wow..! I'm pretty sure he was listed as 201cm/102kg or something around that last year.

If he hasn't lost any of his mobility he's going to be a nightmare this year..

/is excited for February :D

What the hell, 203cm?? That's incredible, it's not as though he's super young or anything. His reach is going to be enormous :thumbsu:

In doubt he's actually grown any in the past couple of years, it would just be down to instrumental or operator error, or perhaps he was just standing up taller. Clubs have also been known to fudge these types of statistics a little too.

Yeah, he's not growing anymore. Not when you're 23.

Not necessarily.

I was diagnosed with osteomyelitis when I was very young and they were going to cut one of the growth plates in my right leg when I was 16 to allow the other leg to catch up the 1" it was short. good thing they didnt because I didn't stop growing til I was 23. Joined the Police Force at 19 as 189 cm . By the time I reached 23 I had grown to 192. The least cm of that was in the last 12 months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back