Past Player - Kurt Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't be traded as he's currently on their rookie list. The only way we could get our hands on him this year would be for Brisbane to delist him, with us picking him up in one of the drafts.

I'd be all for picking him up with our last pick or a rookie pick if brissie delist him.

I know it aint Kurt Tippett per se, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Dunking Tippett spearheads AYOF team
06 November 2008

Gretel Tippett might be the younger sister of Adelaide Crows forward Kurt and Brisbane Lions rookie Joel, but the 15-year-old is making her own waves on the basketball court.

Tippett, who has the amazing ability to slam dunk the ball, will spearhead the national women’s basketball team at the Australian Youth Olympic Festival in January 2009.

“I am very excited about the competition as I am sure it will be a great experience,” Tippett said. “And I hope to do a dunk at the AYOF. I can get it down when I feel good.”

The Queenslander brings a wealth of experience to the team, having represented her state for the past two years as well as her country in the Under 17 national team and the Under 19 Australian Gems.

“My greatest achievements so far are being selected for the Under 19 Australian Gems to tour France and then playing at the qualifiers for the Junior World Championship,” Tippett said.

“I love basketball for the social part, the competition and the places you get to travel. This year I have been to Guam and France.”

Gems and Australian Institute of Sport women's basketball head coach Dean Kinsman said Tippett is more than competitive despite playing against opponents up to four years older.

"She's a terrific athlete, she's got a great leap and she's quick up and down the court," he said. "She's 191cm and at 15 she's got the ability to dunk the ball, which at her age is pretty amazing."

Tippett, who was named this year as Queensland's top junior female basketballer, will compete at the Youth Olympics in Sydney from 14 – 18 January 2009.

She is looking forward to the event as it “gives me another chance to represent my country and as it is in Australia I will have the support of my family and friends.”

http://www.olympics.com.au/news.cfm?ArticleID=9822

I'd be all for picking him up with our last pick or a rookie pick if brissie delist him.

Word is that Brisbane has delisted Joel - a chance the Crows will pick him up in the rookie draft?? Might keep Kurt here since he'll have his brother playing with him :thumbsu:

Word is that Brisbane has delisted Joel - a chance the Crows will pick him up in the rookie draft?? Might keep Kurt here since he'll have his brother playing with him :thumbsu:
no and no. Brisbane have offered him a 3rd year rookie contract and intend to pick him up in the RD. If Crows want him, they'll have to hope Brisbane don't pick him up with their first pick. anyway, i'd rather use our first RD pick on someone else.
as for the brothers playing together, if Kurt has his mind set on returning home, then it's just more likely we'll end up losing them both (if we were to pick up Joel), so i say no to picking Joel up. i'd rather invest on Bock's younger brother (who is also a ruckman...as a project player).

and masturbate over the last name.

having said that...lets pick up tippett!

he has more talent in his pubic hair than bock does, and him being in radelaide would go a long way to keep his brother in the number 4 crows guernsey.

no and no. Brisbane have offered him a 3rd year rookie contract and intend to pick him up in the RD. If Crows want him, they'll have to hope Brisbane don't pick him up with their first pick. anyway, i'd rather use our first RD pick on someone else.
as for the brothers playing together, if Kurt has his mind set on returning home, then it's just more likely we'll end up losing them both (if we were to pick up Joel), so i say no to picking Joel up. i'd rather invest on Bock's younger brother (who is also a ruckman...as a project player).

oh ok, I was a bit unsure if what I had been told was true, because Joel was still on the rookie list on the Brisbane website - plus my friend is a massive Kurt Tippett fan and knows heaps of info about him, so I thought if it was true, she would've told me. Yeah, I've heard about Bock's younger brother, sounds like he'd be a good pick u p!

ok...
no. 1 -i have like nothing aganist tippett here its just that he may be young but he hasn't got some of the skills as the other have...

Interesting on 5AA (which I believe is streaming in 3AW), Guy McKenna is being interviewed and one of the interviewers mentioned that Kurt Tippett would be the number 1 target for GC17. McKenna said that he didn't want to sound like he was disregarding that idea but that they already had a few ruckmen on the list and they wouldn't target people just because they're from Queensland.

I really hope he does end up staying with us, I think he could be big!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was chatting to a guy that coached Tippy in basketball up here. Said things like "he was good enough to be playing college basketball in the US" and that he'd probably only ever played 20 games of footy prior to being drafted. Also said he thought he was just what we (the Crows) needed in terms of the tall option up forward that can provide a contest. Says he thinks Tippy's only fault is his kicking action but that this will improve with practice. Was an interesting chat.

Saw this in the advertiser and had to take a photo

02082009145.jpg

Kurts sis Gretel, about 2 years ago (when she was 14), giving some slamma-lamma ding dong in a Crows guernsey.

[youtube]5t2j5vTGM2E[/youtube]

Sorry for some bad news before a very promising finals campaign but Mark Robinson was just on SEN and he stated that the word going around footy circles is that Kurt Tippett is signed sealed and delivered for the Gold Coast. Francis Leach confrimed that he had heard the same thing.

They even spectulated that this may be his final year as a crow.

Gutted. But not surprised.

Sorry for some bad news before a very promising finals campaign but Mark Robinson was just on SEN and he stated that the word going around footy circles is that Kurt Tippett is signed sealed and delivered for the Gold Coast. Francis Leach confrimed that he had heard the same thing.

They even spectulated that this may be his final year as a crow.

You realise that these two statements cannot possibly go together?

Proves they were talking out their arse.

They were spectulating that he may join their VFL side for 2010, albeit on $600K. The idea being that if he tells the club he's going, it's untenablefor him to stay in 2010.

They were spectulating that he may join their VFL side for 2010, albeit on $600K. The idea being that if he tells the club he's going, it's untenablefor him to stay in 2010.

And that doesn't sound like BS to you.

I mean Mark Robinson trying to upset the Crows the day before playing Essendon in an Elimination Final?

Utter BS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back