Past Player - Aidan Riley

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NSW Scholarship Player - Aidan Riley

Drummond: It's his shoulders which look exactly like Judd when he goes full sprint. Take another look and watch his shoulders, he hunches them up and takes off.

Agreed though, very, very impressive debut for the kid.

Re: NSW Scholarship Player - Aidan Riley

Watched Aiden play last year and was pleased to see him picked up by the crows but am suprised that he has improved out of sight. Just goes to show if u give some of these nsw kids a go and they are at a good club with good training then anything is possible and i hope Aiden fullfills his dream to play afl good luck to him and his fellow scholarship players hope Sam Martyn does well this week for the rams and i see Aaron Duncan is playing well having been in the best last week for gws.

After playing well for Sturt in the SANFL for the start of the 2011 season, Aidan has been up-graded to the Crow's senior list on 19th May 2011.

Congratulations, Aidan. :thumbsu:

Coach Craig has said he will in the emergencies for the Sunday 22nd match against Collingwood

Aidan replaces Phil Davis, who has been put on the LTI list following a shoulder reconstruction.

Brilliant news for Riley :thumbsu: The club usually doesn't elevate rookies they don't intend for them to play in short order, so hopefully he'll pull on the #43 some weekend soon for us!

Does somebody who has watched him at SANFL want to compare his play this year with my video package at the top of the previous page and comment on how/where he's improved?

Aidan Riley was high in Sturt’s best, collecting 23 disposals at half back and in the midfield. His kicking was a feature of his game.

I think Riley was listed in the top 2 again this week, surely he has to be pressing to replace Symes or Rielly or hell even Henderson (hopefully Gunston does that)

Has been upgraded to the senior list :thumbsu: Nice work Aiden!

I wonder if he'll change guernseys? 43 is not an attractive number, but in a way that kind of suits his style of play :eek: I'm always a fan of rookies keeping their rookie guernsey.

Agreed. Was 52 a beautiful number before Rehny made it his own? And now, 52 will always bring Rehn to mind. 43 is a perfect number for Riley.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good enough for Rehn, good enough for Riley.
I don't like this swapping of numbers. Maybe once, if you cop a high guernsey number, but some players have swapped several times; why?

Maybe I'm wrong with that one, but it just annoys me when there are all these jumper changes every year.

Naturally I didn't think until AFTER I clicked post.
What about Petrenko? Wasn't his first number higher, then he took 33, now 23?

Naturally I didn't think until AFTER I clicked post.
What about Petrenko? Wasn't his first number higher, then he took 33, now 23?

I think you're right. I remember being disappointed when he moved from 42 to 33, the old 42 looks good on him whereas 33 is always such a blah number.

Hard to complain about 23 though! :p

I'm with you. I think Petrenko looks good in the #23!
My comment about changes was more to do with players changing numbers. I only ever played Z grade amateurs, but I always kept the same number. When I changed clubs, I copped one in the fifties, but I loved it. Won umpire's votes in that number too!

Sorry for intruding, but I was wondering how Aidan has been going. I live just down the road from his junior club and I was just interested is he anywhere close to your best 22? Is he playing in the seconds?

Sorry for intruding, but I was wondering how Aidan has been going. I live just down the road from his junior club and I was just interested is he anywhere close to your best 22? Is he playing in the seconds?

Been dominating for the sadly struggling team Sturt in the SANFL. Has comeback very well since a broken hand earlier in the season. Dominant clearance player in the SANFL. Skills have improved this season. Is playing his first AFL game this weekend, will more than likely start as the sub. Is a couple more midfield injuries or a good AFL performance away from playing for the Crows as a regular.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back