• 6+

Votes: 43 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Accepted -

1- Parker almost stationary at POC
2- Player at no time saw Parker before contact
3 - Parker performed mo ‘illegal’ action such as an elbow or firearm
4. - Player Parker accepts the wording of the charge - CARELESS - Severe and High

Lets enjoy the appeal.

News flash

BUMPING SOMEONE IN THE HEAD IS ILLEGAL

Accepted -

1- Parker almost stationary at POC
2- Player at no time saw Parker before contact
3 - Parker performed mo ‘illegal’ action such as an elbow or firearm
4. - Player Parker accepts the wording of the charge - CARELESS - Severe and High

Lets enjoy the appeal.
You need to go to Bunnings and buy some wood.

Damn chrissy came early for Dons fans huh? From Parker turning down your mega contracts twice, to making Shiel look silly, then Wright getting suspended for cleaning up Cunners I'm glad you finally got one back I guess.

We made an offer to Parker? Twice?

News to me.

2018 I think it was. To be honest I doubt it was more than "club xx said to be interested in star player yy in attempt to improve their list"

So, you have gone from 2 mega offers to one mega offer, to “interest”…..

Lol

How can players run on to a ground to play footy and not expect contact at all times.
Parker got his whack and that’s cool but Smith was running like he was running to retrieve the frisbee in the park, zero awareness and made himself a sitting duck.
He needs to simply give the game away if that is his awareness level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with shepherding/bumping, was within 5 m of the ball.

Execution was unfortunate and therefor bad.

Outcome obviously very bad.

Should have been 2-3 weeks.

If he had jumped and collected him high with his shoulder, yeah go for the 7 plus weeks.

I was actually surprised by the severity of the injury from the footage.
Didnt really look fast / severe enough but i think thats due to the footage.
The severity clearly was a massive factor in the decision.

If this was a "garden variety" concussion due to head on head contact he probably gets 4 weeks.

So Webster gets 7 weeks for bumping a guy who just released the ball and is up walking around 10mins later talking to the crowd with no facial fractures

And Parker gets only 6 weeks for bumping a guy off the ball and causing multiple facial fractures and who is now out for 2 to 3 months

Surely Parker's is worse or at the very very least the same amount of weeks as Webster got handed down

Sounds about right. Put a bit of mayo on it just to have a crack.

at least you can admit your just completely making it up.

refreshing for big footy.

Not sure if you're taking the piss or serious.

Had his eyes on Cunningham and lined him up.

his eyes were on the ball when he jumped, mid air he saw Cunningham and then braced. Still deserving of the punishment as thats the game these days.

"lined him up" lol.

Not the first swans poster to put mayonnaise on it.

Parker on the other hand left a bloke in hospital with his cheap shot. Even funnier that the swans tried the "good bloke" argument and were quickly told that parker is actually a bit of a DH.

Last edited:
Absolutely baffles me that some are sooking about the penalty.

It’s the exact thing the AFL is taking drastic measures to eliminate. The ‘accidental’ head clash argument doesn’t stack up and hasn’t for years. The AFL have been punishing the outcome for a while.

The main deciding factor is that it was completely and utterly avoidable. Parker chose to bump. Is he unlucky that their heads clashed causing a major injury? Perhaps but the conscious decision was all his and he has to wear the consequences.

The duty of care is on the player.

Parker didn't need to impede the other player (checking the players run off the ball), but he did.

Whilst he didn't charge at him and launch off the ground - Intent to cause harm was low - the harm caused was severe. Always had to be 4-6 weeks.

Does look like a head clash between the guys face and back of Parker's head, as opposed to his shoulder collecting him high.

And it'll never cease to amaze how Maynard got off for his "football act" on Brayshaw that ended his career.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Downward spiral for this guy ever since the terrible looking taunt of Dylan Shiel. Gone from one of the most respected footballers to one of the least in record time.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most expected somewhere in the 5-6 range and they went on the higher end. Absolutely no issue with it. Deserves every week in the current climate, you just cannot do it, that simple. Look I've loved Luke he's by far and away my favourite Swan but I call a spade a spade, this wasn't good. It was at the highest level of carelessness, it wasn't deliberate like some are saying but it was the old 'reckless'. If we look at all the cases this year Webster got 7 this wasn't as bad, Wright got 4, and this was a bit worse than that. They went in the middle, feel they got it spot on.

Only thing that is laughable is somehow Cameron and his good person excuse worked with just as many charges lol...yet Parker can't use it. I agree with it not being used but how in the blue moon did Cameron get to use it!

Back