Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

recent footage of Scūnthorpe owner

Black And White Power GIF by xponentialdesign

It is possible that Carlisle United may have new American owners within the next few weeks. Hopefully this will bring some stability to the club after a tough decade.

Tom Piatak's plans for ownership of Carlisle United Football Club

Tom Piatak's plans for ownership of Carlisle United Football Club​

1 hr ago
Exclusive by Jon Colman@joncolmanSports Reporter

Tom Piatak has emphasised that he and his family are in it for the long run with their Carlisle United takeover hopes.

The American businessman is hoping a deal for the Blues can be finalised in the coming weeks.
Piatak and five family members met supporters’ trust members on Sunday and hope CUOSC members will vote in favour of their proposals.
The Florida businessman set out plans to develop United’s infrastructure, including new training facilities, and bolster Paul Simpson’s budget when he spoke to fans.

Piatak told the News & Star the response at the meeting was “positive” and that he had wished to stress that their planned takeover was with a long-term project at United in mind.
“I thought the response was positive. [What we said] came from the heart – we’ve done a lot of analysis on the process that brought us to Carlisle,” said Piatak.
“We believe in the club and what the club can be.

“I wanted to make it clear we’re putting equity in. We’re here for the long-term. I tried to emphasise to everyone, we’re zero debt.
“Sometimes from a business perspective, zero debt is not the smartest thing to do. But this is important to us – we want people to understand we’re jumping in and we’re in here for the long haul.
“I think it was well received and we’ll see how the vote turns out. I think they saw us as a family that is committed to what they do, and not venture capitalists or private equity…it was positive from the feedback I’ve seen so far, I’m hoping the vote goes our way but we’ll see.”
Piatak, who answered questions from CUOSC members after the presentation, said it had been essential to explain how the family wanted to improve United for the long run.
“There was an interesting question about the teams that have struggled financially [after takeovers] and I fully understand that,” he said. “I hope I got across that we want to build the infrastructure.

“There’s a lot of infrastructure investment that’s been missing over the last five, ten, maybe 15 years that needs to happen. Once that’s in place and we’re committed to doing that, and the infrastructure is strong, that enables us to continue to move up.
“It’s not a quick win. It’s not a band-aid where we throw money at a player budget and just say ‘let’s buy it’. That’s not responsible in my mind.
“We need to work with Paul and the management team – what is the budget that’s necessary to compete in League One? That’s what we’re going to support, plus we can do the capital investment to move forward.
“Next year, what’s required to be at the top of the table in League One?
“We know he’s a great manager. We know he can do things with players that maybe other managers can’t.
“I hope I set the expectation. We’re not saying ‘Premier League in two years’. I think that would be an absolute disaster for Carlisle and for us.
“But if we build the infrastructure, I think if we move up to the top tier of League One, [and aim to reach] the Championship, we’ll have the base and strength to continue to do that.”

Last edited:

recent footage of Scūnthorpe owner

Black And White Power GIF by xponentialdesign

So, a little context on Iron Bru.

They have been very very very critical of Hilton for a long long long time. Since day dot. They never gave him a chance. Huge rumours that they were close or had links with Swann, the former chairman. I will say that the podcast owner(Matt Ellis) reads like one of those one-eyed politics fanbois. Always has something to complain about or twist the argument one way or another. They(Iron Bru) had really split the fan group online. Some have had enough of the criticism and the snide comments. Others tolerate it. Me, I am more in the former, hence my sorta support of Hilton a week ago.

Most, if not all people have come in support of Iron Bru. Free Speech and all that and he is a fan whose crime is being a mouthy towards Hilton. I also think the ban was unwarranted. Still, my opinion of Iron Bru and Matt Ellis(the host of the podcast) is that he would have loved getting a ban as now he has even more options to attack and attack Hilton. As you can tell, I dont think highly of the boys from Iron Bru

Now, to current events.

errrr.. Hilton is no longer funding us and is moving 40 miles away from Scampaignerhorpe, due to all those legal troubles mentioned before regarding the stadium. It also seems like receivership is in process. For a small town like Scampaignerhorpe, this will mean death. The doomsday clock is at 11:57pm and counting quickly down to deaths door.

I don't hate Hilton. I don't like him either. Just a guy in over his head. He has lied about 8 or 9 times to us and has made some shocking shocking calls in his short time here. But I don't think he knew how much trouble we were in or how to take any criticism at all and be in the public spotlight. He is emotional and just makes rash choices. As I said before, If he wanted to gain financially from this, then why the hell did he buy a club with no assets in the first place? I don't see the negative intent outside being incompetence and bitterness. I blame Swann several times more Hilton, but both no longer have the best for the club or town. David had some support after the Athletic article, though the banning of Iron Bru kinda blew a hole there.

I will always remember an interview David Hilton gave to another Iron Podcast(we have 2 podcasts, which is amazing for such small club), 2 months after he brought us, where he said he regretted it and wished he never did it. But he also said he bought the stadium previously....|

ohhh. and the ground we were meant to move to.

Just to add one more thing.

The FA has to do something to protect the owners from selling the club's stadium. We are in this issue because Swann sold the stadium to himself. Once the main asset was gone, then there was nothing left for the club itself.

Enough of this free market crap. If an owner wants to sell the stadium, then they need to showcase why. And if that plan doesn't have a future where the club gets the stadium back, then block it. A club with a stadium has a better chance than one without.

Scunny are in deep, deep s**t.

Awful to see, I just don't see how they'll survive this.

Clubs always do, in one form or another. It's awful what's going on but they'll get through it.

Don't think they will. No one coming through to buy them, kicked out of their stadium etc.

The money runs out pretty quickly once the owner has confirmed they're not investing in the club any further.

Sure, but look at Bury who are already on the way back up. They were literally dead in the water. My point is that Scampaignerhorpe as a community club will always exist in some guise.

we need help. Not so much in another owner.

We need to get Glanford Park back and off that fat roach called Swann. the council and local governments must make sure he can not profit from this in anyway. Glanford Park is and always should be a football stadium. A Stadium without a football club is a worthless asset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to get Glanford Park back and off that fat roach called Swann. the council and local governments must make sure he can not profit from this in anyway. Glanford Park is and always should be a football stadium. A Stadium without a football club is a worthless asset.
It was only about 18 months ago that Scampaignerhorpe and Carlisle were in a battle for survival at the bottom of League two, if The Irons were to fold, it would be sad to see another traditional football club go by the wayside, especially as all the news coming out of Cumbria is so positive at the moment.

Hopefully something can be done to save the club and they can work their way back to Football League, it only took Barrow 50 years to work their way back to the Football League. Now that I think about it, that doesn't sound as positive as I hoped. :)

Always thought football grounds should be deemed community assets and protected from sale.

Can't remember the first time this sort of situation came up, got a feeling Wrexham were in this boat a while ago.

Always thought football grounds should be deemed community assets and protected from sale.

Can't remember the first time this sort of situation came up, got a feeling Wrexham were in this boat a while ago.
Coventry obviously had issues recently with Mike Ashley.

Is it? He could knock the stadium down at put housing on it.

I get from a supporters perspective why it seems that way but the land would be worth a chunk.

Is it? He could knock the stadium down at put housing on it.

I get from a supporters perspective why it seems that way but the land would be worth a chunk.

There's no way a council would approve that. It wouldn't be zoned for housing anyway and with it being a community asset I can't imagine a scenario where they approve the demolition and replacing of it with a housing estate.

There's no way a council would approve that. It wouldn't be zoned for housing anyway and with it being a community asset I can't imagine a scenario where they approve the demolition and replacing of it with a housing estate.
yes, this. He shouldn't be allowed to do this. I hope the local government is on our side. they should be. Which means Swann has to work with the club and not take us to court.

Recent News, we and others have raised 60K pounds from that donations to pay the staff. We even got numerous donations from Grimsby(Rivals), including 500 quid from their chairman. We are thankful for them and all the other fans from other clubs who has helped us save the football club. The Staff still havent been paid but this will go a long way.

their are rumors of some good news tmw on twitter. Sounds like a fan consortium will buy the club from Hilton tmw. We will still have an issue with the stadium and debt but one issue at a time.

As fans, we are together. I dont think we have seen us all in this together. Been amazing to see athe fan base all fully united to save the thing they love. We are no longer looking for a white knight, we, the fans, are trying to save Scunnthorpe.

United we Stand!!!!!

Normally depends on money. Not sure how rich the guy is but you'd be amazing what influence comes with knowing the right people.

Normally depends on money. Not sure how rich the guy is but you'd be amazing what influence comes with knowing the right people.

Dunno, the fallout from the council approving a club's stadium being demolished against the wishes of the club and rezoned into housing would be absolutely huge. It would definitely be tied up in the legal system for years. I don't reckon the council would want to go anywhere near it, would be easier for them to just deny any application to flatten the stadium.

Not sure if developers can go over a local council in England like they do have the option in Australia.

Dunno, the fallout from the council approving a club's stadium being demolished against the wishes of the club and rezoned into housing would be absolutely huge. It would definitely be tied up in the legal system for years. I don't reckon the council would want to go anywhere near it, would be easier for them to just deny any application to flatten the stadium.

Not sure if developers can go over a local council in England like they do have the option in Australia.
Swann relationship with the council is frosty at best. Has feuded with them in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back