Over 50's Clique - Nostalgia, Memorabilia, Reflection and Opinion for the Mature Lion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone go to the game last night?

I was in the members and Melbourne supporters were leaving the game at 3/4 time and halfway through the last.

Terrible loss.

Anyone go to the game last night?

I was in the members and Melbourne supporters were leaving the game at 3/4 time and halfway through the last.

Terrible loss.
I've had this awful cold all week. Crook as a dog so I stayed at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Bobby Beecroft is a better hope.

I wonder if anyone has a highlight clip of Bobby?
I was at this one. Bobby is in the highlights.

JARRYD LYONS - In 2021 he won the Marcus Ashcroft Medal twice in a season. He is a gun footballer and now that he is injury free, he is ready to fire big time. Just like Ryan Lester, Lyons is massively underrated, but he is going to be a vital contributor between now and the end of the season. He has lightening quick hands, reads the play beautifully, provides leadership, can hit the scoreboard and when he tackles, players stay tackled.

I predict he will finish with a Premiership at the Lions 🦁

THIS IS OUR CURRENT BEST 22
(Discuss)

FB: Starcevich, Andrews, Payne
HB: McKenna, Lester, Coleman
C: McCluggage, Robertson, Berry
HF: McCarthy, Daniher, Bailey
FF: Rayner, Hipwood, Cameron
FOL: McInerney, Neale, Dunkley

INT: Ah Chee, Wilmot, Fletcher, Lyons

Emergencies: Lohmann, Fort, Mathieson, Zorko

Notable features:
  • Gunston is out - the negatives outweigh the positives.
  • Nice mix of leg speed, strength youth and experience
  • Rayner is one or two bad games away from being dropped. If Port Adelaide can drop their Captain and Melbourne drop Grundy, Fagan should have the courage to drop Rayner and make him earn his place in the team.

Last edited:
THIS IS OUR CURRENT BEST 22

FB: Starcevich, Andrews, Payne
HB: McKenna, Lester, Coleman
C: McCluggage, Robertson, Berry
HF: McCarthy, Daniher, Bailey
FF: Rayner, Hipwood, Cameron
FOL: McInerney, Neale, Dunkley

INT: Ah Chee, Wilmot, Rayner, Lyons

Emergencies: Fletcher, Fort, Mathieson, Zorko

Notable features:
Gunston is out - the negatives outweigh the positives.
Nice mix of leg speed, strength youth and experience
I didn't expect to see one Rayner in your best side 3KZ, and I didn't know you had such a big wrap on Lockie Rayner.

I didn't expect to see one Rayner in your best side 3KZ, and I didn't know you had such a big wrap on Lockie Rayner.
Yeah sorry - I was distracted. Fixed. I was using a cut and paste from a previous post.

It is really simple, but Fagan is too invested in his pets. After being humbled by the Suns who were 14th on the ladder, Fagan needs to pull his finger out.

FB: Starcevich, Payne, Lester
HB: McKenna, Andrews, Coleman
C: McCluggage, Dunkley, Fletcher
HF: Bailey, Daniher, Robertson
F: Cameron, Hipwood, McCarthty
FOL: McInerney, Neale, Lyons
I/C: Wilmot, Prior, Mathieson, Fort
Sub: Zorko

I was at this one. Bobby is in the highlights.

Shame you hardly ever see marks like Bobby's at 3.50 any more. Since the AFL made it "legal" to push players out in marking contests, it's taken away the incentive to jump on their heads.

PS Great channel, that one. Deserves many, many more subscribers. :eyes:

Do I have to remind members that we currently have a ban on phoning into talk back radio. I’m fairly sure this is DERRINALPHIL on the phone to Rex, despite his clever use of the alias “Norm”. I will be inviting him to appear before the Rules Committee to give him a chance to clear his name.

Last edited:
1986 - What an amazing season. Fitzroy played with tremendous spirit and recorded some of their greatest victories. It was Bernie Quinlan’s last season and even though he turned 35 mid way through the season, he was still a freakishly talented player, averaging 3 goals a game, despite carrying an Achilles tendon injury for most of the year. By way of comparison, Buddy Franklin, averaged 1.46 goals a game in his last season.

Last edited:

Do I have to remind members that we currently have a ban on phoning into talk back radio. I’m fairly sure this is DERRINALPHIL on the phone to Rex, despite his clever use of the alias “Norm”. I will be inviting him to appear before the Rules Committee to give him a chance to clear his name.

I find it concerning that a grown man was walking around naked in a primary school change room... or am I interpreting that talk back call wrong?

I find it concerning that a grown man was walking around naked in a primary school change room... or am I interpreting that talk back call wrong?
The caller does not sound right. The Rules Committee have conducted voice analysis and we can report that DERRINALPHIL has been cleared of any involvement.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back