Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

goorambat to finish top 4 in the 2016 season new coach doing a great job i have been told and plenty of guys happy, they will be a very good side if they can keep there players injury free, 3 more players signed this week and a few guys are 50/50 things are on the up this year :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
That flog from the chronicle must have a membership with Milawa for the amount he writes about them, give other clubs a run ya flog
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winds low. IQ lower.

Nonch. Terrible reporter

Maybe you should go for a job at the chronicle and show them how it's done then???[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't be too hard, I have my degree in journalism. Might give the struggling teams some coverage, shouldn't be that hard with 3 paper releases a week.

Maybe you should go for a job at the chronicle and show them how it's done then???

Shouldn't be too hard, I have my degree in journalism. Might give the struggling teams some coverage, shouldn't be that hard with 3 paper releases a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Geez a bit harsh on Nonch.
I imagine it's pretty tough to write positive articles about country footy clubs when most of the time coaches don't want to let on what signings they have or what's really happening behind the scenes.

Also the struggling clubs aren't exactly signing new players left right and centre so what exactly would you like him to write about?

Nonch has always been pretty good to deal with from my point of view even if my club hasnt given him much positive stuff to write about in recent years.

It shouldn't be too hard, should it. But will you do it? I'm guessing not. Shit, then you'd have to put your name behind your opinions!

Geez a bit harsh on Nonch.
I imagine it's pretty tough to write positive articles about country footy clubs when most of the time coaches don't want to let on what signings they have or what's really happening behind the scenes.

Also the struggling clubs aren't exactly signing new players left right and centre so what exactly would you like him to write about?

Nonch has always been pretty good to deal with from my point of view even if my club hasnt given him much positive stuff to write about in recent years.

Thanks NBM. BTW stories on Greta and Benalla in tomorrow's paper. And Moyhu later in the week.

goorambat to finish top 4 in the 2016 season new coach doing a great job i have been told and plenty of guys happy, they will be a very good side if they can keep there players injury free, 3 more players signed this week and a few guys are 50/50 things are on the up this year :))

I agree its great to see the bats on the way up with some exciting times at the club, and I wish them all the luck in the world. But lets not go predicting top 4 spots just yet....its a long season

Thanks NBM. BTW stories on Greta and Benalla in tomorrow's paper. And Moyhu later in the week.

You just made me spend $1.10 Nonch....all came from the ashtray in the car but well worth it...Good to see those young blokes from Greta back on the track. I think we're in for an interesting and competitive year across the board.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why people on here are being critical of Nonch. Never writes articles getting into anyone. Its always positive so he is doing a good job for the league. Whinging about your club not getting write ups is exactly why your club doesn't get write ups. because people are happy to sit back and sook about things rather than get your hands dirty and have a go at improving your club. Look at Goorambat this year. they have had a go and will ultimately get some paper time if they are successful. Nonch cant just write stories about nobodies singing for lower clubs because the reality is no one cares. Even the blokes who have signed for Greta are border line so I think he is doing the lower clubs a favour even writing those stories to build some positivity for upcoming season.
Looks as though the comp will be a lot more even next year with the top teams really not doing much and the bottom teams doing a bit of recruiting. I think the call of Goorambat being top 4 is a bit of a stretch though. The points system pretty much stops teams going from bottom to top but will be good to see them competitive. My top 4 for next year will still be the big teams Glenrowan, Milawa, Tarra, Bright. Think Tarra have picked up a couple of players and Milawa might have lost some which makes Tarra just jump infront of them for mine. Still think Glenrowan will win it unless they have more leave.

You just sucked me into spending $1.10 Nonch....all came from the ashtray in the car but well worth it...Good to see those young blokes from Greta back on the track. I think we're in for an interesting and competitive year across the board.

Pretty sure Jones needs another reconstruction after an accident while overseas

Pretty sure Jones needs another reconstruction after an accident while overseas

From what I've been told today he has done a fair bit of further damage, but doesn't necessarily require another reco. But yeah, probably not going to be playing footy anytime soon.

The bottom line is that its exactly what the league needs. Teams becoming more competitive, more professionally run, and therefore will end up more attractive to the right sort of people. It might be local country football, and lots of people complain that its not just old fashioned footy anymore....but lets think about that for a minute. Not all footy clubs or league's were the sort of environment that would be acceptable anymore, the so called "Old fashioned" footy where there was more violence, less skills, less fitness across the board, more umpire abuse, more crowd abuse, and clubs not actively promoting "good sports clubs" in relation to drug and alcohol abuse.

Clubs becoming more professional is slowly leading to a competition of highly competitive sport, impressive athletes, community focused organisations, that are responsible, safe and friendly.

People like our old mate winds low IQ can not accept that clubs are more than what they used to be.
And the clubs doing the most to work towards that are the ones people want to hear about and talk about.
They are also therefore the ones people want to be involved with, and that is what generates success, even in our own little local footy comp.

Who are the bats confirmed recruits? Only two or three have been mentioned on previous posts

From what I've been told today he has done a fair bit of further damage, but doesn't necessarily require another reco. But yeah, probably not going to be playing footy anytime soon.
Lucky the season doesn't start until March! Hopefully the damage isn't a reco or that would be a shame for the young bloke.

Lucky the season doesn't start until March! Hopefully the damage isn't a reco or that would be a shame for the young bloke.

From what i have heard ACL disruption, knee fracture and cartilage damage, as well as a damage to other ligaments.
Optimistic to play at least 5 games, long way back, and was only 5 months into rehab from his previous acl surgery.
Could be playing O and M senior footy if ACL wasn't damaged.

I thought the write up in the chronicle yesterday regarding the various senior players putting their hands up to assist in coaching roles at each level was a ripper! Well done to milawa in having these club minded players at their club.

This punters is the reason this club has been up and about for so long, and with people like this around the club will be for a very long time. If more blokes on this thread put their hand up and helped around their club instead of hanging shit on every club in the district and the journalism efforts by Nonch, you may actually find your club rising up the ladder!

I for one am taking on a role at my club this year to help out where I can, as after being a player for 8 years it's time to give back. Wish I did it sooner

I thought the write up in the chronicle yesterday regarding the various senior players putting their hands up to assist in coaching roles at each level was a ripper! Well done to milawa in having these club minded players at their club.

This punters is the reason this club has been up and about for so long, and with people like this around the club will be for a very long time. If more blokes on this thread put their hand up and helped around their club instead of hanging shit on every club in the district and the journalism efforts by Nonch, you may actually find your club rising up the ladder!

I for one am taking on a role at my club this year to help out where I can, as after being a player for 8 years it's time to give back. Wish I did it sooner

Very well said.

All the best pal. Keeping clubs in business is at times a thankless task but every now & then something will happen that makes it all worthwhile.
As you said, the more help the better things can be.

Massive bombs landing... watch for an epic Milewa v Kelly Tigs rivalry, after the Boots Conroy king hit. 2016 will be fiery!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back