Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They wouldn’t be silly enough to even try cheat the points system surely.

By my calculations, if Yarra have no injuries, everyone available & want to put their best 22 on the park, they’ll be at 43/40

Yarrawonga might have made an application to the league to check the status of the points and the league changed it. Not as if they have to make an announcement.
Quite possible, as per the clause in the player points rules below. Daniel Howe has a strong connection to Yarra - his brother is a 1 point player there, his father is on the Board (I think possiby vice-president) and he played some juniors for the Club. There would be a strong basis for the league to use its discretion to allow a 1 point discount.

7.3. Metropolitan Leagues and Regions may, acting reasonably, reassess an individual player’sPlayer Points Allocation where it is deemed inappropriate based on playing history and circumstances. In addition, Community Clubs may make an application detailing relevantevidence regarding the reassessment of a player to its relevant Metropolitan League orRegion. The application for reassessment may be based upon of the following:(a) The age of the player, especially if the player is looking to play at a higher level.(b) The injury history of the player(c) The recent playing history of the player(d) The living, schooling and work arrangements of the player; or(e) Any other relevant consideration.

The rules also state that the 'competition management system' determines a teams total points each week, so that is not possible for a team to be entered totalling more than the maximum points cap - it's not like the Clubs scribble down player points on a jotter pad each week and can make it up as they go!
10.1. Given Player Points Allocations will be managed via the Competition Management System,if correct procedure is applied, with Players Points Allocation entered into the system prior to the start of the Season, it is envisaged there will be minimal issues in the management of the Player Points Allocations. Errors are less likely given that the Competition ManagementSystem will not permit a club to complete a Senior Team into an electronic team sheet thathas a combined Total Team Points allocation of more than that Club’s permitted point’s cap.

Quite possible, as per the clause in the player points rules below. Daniel Howe has a strong connection to Yarra - his brother is a 1 point player there, his father is on the Board (I think possiby vice-president) and he played some juniors for the Club. There would be a strong basis for the league to use its discretion to allow a 1 point discount.

7.3. Metropolitan Leagues and Regions may, acting reasonably, reassess an individual player’sPlayer Points Allocation where it is deemed inappropriate based on playing history and circumstances. In addition, Community Clubs may make an application detailing relevantevidence regarding the reassessment of a player to its relevant Metropolitan League orRegion. The application for reassessment may be based upon of the following:(a) The age of the player, especially if the player is looking to play at a higher level.(b) The injury history of the player(c) The recent playing history of the player(d) The living, schooling and work arrangements of the player; or(e) Any other relevant consideration.

The rules also state that the 'competition management system' determines a teams total points each week, so that is not possible for a team to be entered totalling more than the maximum points cap - it's not like the Clubs scribble down player points on a jotter pad each week and can make it up as they go!
10.1. Given Player Points Allocations will be managed via the Competition Management System,if correct procedure is applied, with Players Points Allocation entered into the system prior to the start of the Season, it is envisaged there will be minimal issues in the management of the Player Points Allocations. Errors are less likely given that the Competition ManagementSystem will not permit a club to complete a Senior Team into an electronic team sheet thathas a combined Total Team Points allocation of more than that Club’s permitted point’s cap.
This would have been decided before the season started, not by round 5 and why only a deduction of 1 point?

This would have been decided before the season started, not by round 5 and why only a deduction of 1 point?
No idea - I'm no expert and not involved in any Club or league, just considering the rule I quoted.

As supposition, maybe Yarra asked the league to use its discretion after the 6 point determination was made and it has only just been decided.

I can't see how Yarra can just 'fudge' player points from week to week though as you are accusing them of.

Even if D Howe should still be listed on Play HQ as six points they would have been on 40 points yesterday, not 41.

They were listed at 40 points against Wang last week, including Howe on 6.
Other than 1 point players, they had W Wheeler (2) out and Parker (2) in for yesterday.

Neville Jetta signs with the Roos and playing tomorrow

How did he go Bedford? Surely a solid pickup?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few made themselves unavailable for Interleague it seems.
just makes them look like sooks doesn't it, they might see it as taking a stand against the league but really you're just letting down the other clubs who are risking their best players to play the gv, would liken it to teenage tantram

What's wrong Benchy? How many Wang players were in contention for the squad?
Melville, Gottchsling, Sharrock and Naish are stars but all injured. With the exception of the Yarra game Moore looks abit off colour. Tilley? Bloody good player but Tom Boyd's magnet would already be araldited to the board!
That leaves Federico, who i imagine as an inside tackling machine probably has the right to have a week off.

Personally I recon it's a great squad and can't wait to fill a bus full of cold piss for the trip over!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back