Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Beans looked horrid. DOSA look like they've stepped it up a notch on last year, first half was top shelf stuff.
Uni hopeless. Got bent over by SVC.
Ships smashed Richmond at the Shipyard.
Average winning margin of 113 pts in round 1.
watched two games over the weekend. St Virgils will take some stopping.
Uni after a fair bit of preseason hype were disappointing.

Dosa looked younger and quicker than last season.
Hutchins I'm not sure about, they just looked underdone.

going by the results, OHA's old firm looked too much for Richmond.

watched two games over the weekend. St Virgils will take some stopping.
Uni after a fair bit of preseason hype were disappointing.

Dosa looked younger and quicker than last season.
Hutchins I'm not sure about, they just looked underdone.

going by the results, OHA's old firm looked too much for Richmond.
OHA could have won by over 200, missed so many simple chances. Was something like 25 goals and 28 behinds

Both Langford and Standen had about 6-7 goals each and as many points

Yerp and would be 20 or so that played at Glenorchy atleast.

Still shake my head at the main ones that wouldn’t go back to help out. I guess it might hurt their ego to play in losses and their back pockets.

All in it for the cash, bugger the club that made you. No loyalty anymore. Wouldn't be at saints now if there wasn't anything in it for them. Offered Phillips more than he was getting at Glenorchy.

All in it for the cash, bugger the club that made you. No loyalty anymore. Wouldn't be at saints now if there wasn't anything in it for them. Offered Phillips more than he was getting at Glenorchy.

More the point is where the OS teams will recruit from in the future?. Maybe then the OS & SFL will start to cannibalise each other.??

There will always be kids who don't want to continue at TSL level because they believe they have been treated unfairly or just want to play footy with mates.
Yerp and by treated unfairly you mean told to jog some laps in pre season, defend every now and then in game, listen to instruction re structures.

Incidentally though, how long was Jaye Bowden expected to play at Glenorchy for? He’d already played 250 very high quality games or thereabouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fair enough that jaye departed but why drain glenorchy of Its players and leave them in that position. He obviously offered incentives to gain all of those players.

I’ve got no connection to St Virgil’s, but I just think it’s too simplistic to blame them for Glenorchy’s plight in 2023. Most of the players who went from Glenorchy to St Virgil’s were past their peak as TSL players and they’re not the only players to depart KGV in recent years.

There will always be kids who don't want to continue at TSL level because they believe they have been treated unfairly or just want to play footy with mates.
Thats fine, but what do they do to get kids to play footy & develop their game in the first place? The don't do junior football. They don't help kids into the game. The TSL & SFL do. The OS just recruit & drink. ;)

Blair is young, Geard
I’ve got no connection to St Virgil’s, but I just think it’s too simplistic to blame them for Glenorchy’s plight in 2023. Most of the players who went from Glenorchy to St Virgil’s were past their peak as TSL players and they’re not the only players to depart KGV in recent years.
I agree with that.

I just don’t understand why they didn’t go and help now, and competing for young players like Alex Blair.

St Virgil's flag to lose, Uni second best

Rest of the teams are s**t at the minute
Watched the second half of Chooks and Ships on Saturday up at the TCA, poor standard.
Both sides were scrappy and ordinary, DOSA just wanted it more and dragged themselves over the line.
Bloke from DOSA was saying they have about 2 dozen out injured across the 1s and 2s currently, couple of blokes came out of retirement to play 2s apparently.
Can't see SVC being remotely troubled by the rest of the comp outside Uni, I haven't seen them play.

2 weeks in a row that St Virgil's have been down at 3qt and come back and won. Were down by 5 goals against DOSA and came back on the weekend.

James Glover went down & was stretchered off against Richmond. Uni's best player, hate to see it.

2 weeks in a row that St Virgil's have been down at 3qt and come back and won. Were down by 5 goals against DOSA and came back on the weekend.

James Glover went down & was stretchered off against Richmond. Uni's best player, hate to see it.
St Virgil’s looking more gettable now though in comparison to their early season dominance. It’ll be interesting to see if they maintain their unbeaten run before finals.

Gee that’s a shame re. Glover, he has been very dominant this season and was looking very promising for Uni’s tilt at the flag. Any idea what the injury was?

St Virgil’s looking more gettable now though in comparison to their early season dominance. It’ll be interesting to see if they maintain their unbeaten run before finals.
Don't look as dominant as they did early on, no.
Flakey 7 goal win over OHA yesterday, DOSA would be wrapped with that win over Uni, Bows have looked good aside from round one.
Beans look very undermanned, beat Richmond by 86 points which is the best result for the Blues so far this year. Last 4 weeks they've been pumped by 207, 104, 192 and 214 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back