Oh What A Night!

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris_23

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2001
La Curva Nord, Milano
BRILLIANT!

It wasn't the best game i've seen but the atmosphere was incredible. The national anthem was spine tingling.

When Graziano Cesari pointed to the spot it was the best feeling in the world....... MUSCAT!!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell, i'm gonna go watch the replay. How about Recoba's lob from half-way?!?! He was the only guy that looked threatening for them, although Magallanes had a few moments.

It's all well and good to be excited but we still have one leg to go, and this is Australian soccer remember. :(

COME ON AUSSIES!

Originally posted by Chris_23
BRILLIANT!

It wasn't the best game i've seen but the atmosphere was incredible. The national anthem was spine tingling.

When Stefano Braschi pointed to the spot it was the best feeling in the world....... MUSCAT!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Simple on of the best nights of my life :D and the atmosphere was worth the $80 I paid for and that was before the Goal :D

Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Aussies Aussies :eek:

You Fuken Ripper

You should have been sitting with the Green and Gold Army...... I lost my voice before half time.

I was bitting my nails when Muscat was lining up, but the roar from the crowd when the ball hit the back of the net will never be forgotten.

What a night!!! What a night!

Anyone who was there will know what I'm talking about...the atmosphere was just electric....even an hour before kick off the crowd was pumping.

When the national anthem was played and everyone screamed it out....don't think I've ever felt prouder to be an Aussie.

We had a few Uruguarians sitting in front of us...we started giving them a bit of stick and they started talking up their 'Serie A' skills...followed by a player putting it straight out of bounds! :D

They left with 5 minutes to go...we made sure they knew what the score was!!

When the ref pointed to the spot...pandemonium. I said I couldn't watch, but Blues 2001 was pretty confident. I watched....and into the back of the net it went.

We were all hugging and hi-fiving and screaming and yelling....pure joy! :)

Final whistle goes, more celebrations. Headed to the Corner Hotel...where I had tickets to see Unwritten Law....downed a few beers, band came on just as we walked in...they rocked hard.

Got driven home, we did a few laps of Lygon with the boxing Kangaroo hanging out the window.

I'm at work now....but I'm stuffed! Bring on Monday morning!

what a fantastic night

it's the first sporting event i have been to where i got tingles listening and singing the national anthem.

moores header in the first 5 minutes was an absolute beauty and was our best attempt at goal all night, he was b.o.g.

agostino must start in montevideo he was very impressive when he came on, but should have got his foot on the ball in that goal mouth scramble. his header was a great attempt though because it was slightly behind him when he hit it.

kewells run and cross down the left was fu*ken brilliant and it was pandemonium when agostina went down. in the middle of screaming for the penalty i saw the ref point to the spot and jumped around with everyone else before we realised the ball still had to be put into the back of the net. up steps muscat. bang. pandemonium restored for the next few minutes.:D

this win goes a fair way to making up for the soul destroying loss against iran, and if we can get through then the iran game will be exorsiced for good. the different feeling walking out of the ground this time compared to last time could not have been more stark.

you fu*king beauty.

go you aussies, just 1 away goal should do it.

I am so jealous of you guys that live in Melboure

I missed out on going because it was in mid-week.

Everyone went bananas int he pub I was in when we scored

Everyones on the socceroos bandwagon now

How much is return flight to Uruguay????;)

WHAT A RIPPER OF A NIGHT!

When I walked in and saw the ground at 7.30pm, I just thought "WOW". As opposed to the France game, the weather was beautiful and the feeling outside and inside the ground was just sensational.

I was very very nervous, but excited too. It was absolute mayhem when we scored - I just had a feeling that Muscat wouldn't miss. I could visualise the "VILLAIN TO HERO" headline at the time, and I thought, yep, he'll get it.

A lot of work to do in Montevideo (gee that'll be the most overused line by Monday:p ) but we should be happy with our efforts.

GO YOU AUSSIES!

Amazing - Absolutley AMAZING!

I have honestly never been anywhere where I've felt that kind of electric atmosphere in my life. I've been to soccer matches before, I've been to AFL Grand Finals, but NOTHING compares to that overwhelming patriotic sense you get from standing on your seat at the G when Muscat scored. NOTHING!!!!

Heading to Crown at 5.30 Monday morning to watch the final nail being hammered into Uruguays coffin. Can't wait!

So now all you folk know what it is like following Richmond! So close to the finals, but yet so far! Looking like being over the line but managing to find some new and imaginative way to trip over just before getting there!

BUT...

We did make the finals this year!

That is a good enough omen for me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back