Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

was at the game between united and bears today at deakin. united belted the bears but bears had a few out inclluding ridings, thorsen, bucktin, woodcock and pullen. bears really didnt have many stand outs on the day but up forward lowden provided a good optiion with his limited opportunities, other better players for the bears including dunne and mcmullan. United were a dominant force and look set for a massive year. They out muscled their smaller bear opponents with plenty of big bodies in the side. Gribben had a great game and kicked a bag whilst Mellington had a solid day in the ruck. Liam Ryan took a great hanger in the goal square and was solid all day. Their smaller players in doyle and burness provided the united forwards with good options all day and ran ragged all day. Overall not bad brand of footy and both sides look forward to a exciting year of footy.

was at the game between united and bears today at deakin. united belted the bears but bears had a few out inclluding ridings, thorsen, bucktin, woodcock and pullen. bears really didnt have many stand outs on the day but up forward lowden provided a good optiion with his limited opportunities, other better players for the bears including dunne and mcmullan. United were a dominant force and look set for a massive year. They out muscled their smaller bear opponents with plenty of big bodies in the side. Gribben had a great game and kicked a bag whilst Mellington had a solid day in the ruck. Liam Ryan took a great hanger in the goal square and was solid all day. Their smaller players in doyle and burness provided the united forwards with good options all day and ran ragged all day. Overall not bad brand of footy and both sides look forward to a exciting year of footy.

Bears were very ordinary. Those guys you mentioned would predominately play seniors this year perhaps. We also had a few out as well including Jordo, Sully, Jacko, Normo and others. It is going to be along year for the Bears i reckon who had some Under 16's in the side. Gribben is a superstar and Tuckett is a gun. O'Dwyer is also a good footballer and its the first time I have had a good look at him in daylight matches. Muggleton was down I thought, McLuskey was solid as was Shaw. They will be very hard to beat this year. Tall, fast and very strong in the air.

Bears were very ordinary. Those guys you mentioned would predominately play seniors this year perhaps. We also had a few out as well including Jordo, Sully, Jacko, Normo and others. It is going to be along year for the Bears i reckon who had some Under 16's in the side. Gribben is a superstar and Tuckett is a gun. O'Dwyer is also a good footballer and its the first time I have had a good look at him in daylight matches. Muggleton was down I thought, McLuskey was solid as was Shaw. They will be very hard to beat this year. Tall, fast and very strong in the air.

also from the ones you mentioned they had big simmo keddel out along with jye warren to add speed and skill in the midfield

Thought that Echuca looked very good in defeating a gallant Mooroopna on Saturday.Have got some strong talls, Gorman would have to be 195 cm at least and bart phillips played a great game. An even side with good players on all lines. Ismail ran hard off half back and set up alot of attacks for the Echuca boys. I feel that Mooroopna were still under done and that there is a fair bit of improvement in them. Would agree totally with assessments of United. Very impressive unit who will be in the thick of it come September.

bart is a great player and showed leadership for echuca.

united will be a strong team this year.... round three will be a great contest but i think echuca will be too good and will be tough to beat this season.

Josh Gribben has had a good solid pre season and totally deserved a good performance on the weekend. Put alot of bulk on and has improved skills and will be a force this year if he can keep his form up

I agree that United were impressive but lets not get carried away, the opposition wasn't that strong on the day. All the boys that have been mentioned performed well. I was interested in some of the lesser known players. I was really impressed with the games of Doyle and Burness who seemed to pick up a lot of possessions by smart running and crumbing, I think they will both develop into handy players. ODwyer and Jack OSullivan were tough and really hurt some people with solid tackles. However I was most impressed with Tetley and Collins who played in a number of positions throughout the day and completey dominated and caused a lot of damage. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks with the team playing Mansfield, Echuca, Swans, Mooroopna and Kyabram. All sides that have been identified as being stronger or improved from last year. If they can win more then they lose over the next 5 rounds then they might just be serious contenders. It would have been good to have played Seymour as well early on to get a measurement against last years premiers but they don't play them until round eleven. And back to last weeks game, I spoke to Coach and Ass Coach who were still not entireley happy with some of the errors that the boys made. They mast be tough taskmasters as I thought the boys played a sensational game.

When Dene Normington comes back into the United line up he will provide a strong focal point up front with his smart running and fine ass.

i think the real stand out player for shepp and united was burna! for his size he killed it, will go very well this yr in thirds might even make an appearance in seniors.....:D

And also i forgot to mention the standout performance of young Samuel Burness on Saturday, hes a tough little nut, with alot of balls when going in hard for the ball.
Should be in seniors in next couple of rounds. Also a great young person who has the right attitude for GVFL seniors.
Big balls too. :thumbsu:

adam lovison big hearted player with good skills except 4 his kickin that needs a bit of improvement apart from that he goes well should be good 4 ky in the ruck this year

how did ismail go against moroopna?
exceptional player in 16's, should have a big year in thirds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how did ismail go against moroopna?
exceptional player in 16's, should have a big year in thirds

He did what he did all year last year. Ran hard off the half back line with no forward being accountable to him. Played very well and set up numerous attacking drives. He is a very good player who is important to the side for the rebound he provides.

How do u think the Shepp Swans will go this weekend against Tatura? i've heard Tat r goin to be at full strength?

Tatura are definetly not near full strength.. they will be missing 7 of their best players.. due to bushrangers and seniors.. so i have no idea where u heard that from

well done to the shepp swans against tat... great start to the season and great to see there is a lot of positive to come out of the game for the future... past years havent been great for the club but maybe this might be the start of something new... each player done there part and put together a great win with great running and linking up with handballs... Both sides still have 5 or 6 players to come into each team but i guess there is no excuses on the day.. well done swannies

well done to the shepp swans against tat... great start to the season and great to see there is a lot of positive to come out of the game for the future... past years havent been great for the club but maybe this might be the start of something new... each player done there part and put together a great win with great running and linking up with handballs... Both sides still have 5 or 6 players to come into each team but i guess there is no excuses on the day.. well done swannies
Who are the players that swans have to come in, knowing their list that was close to their best side. Dash played bushies, who else is there? Tat had about 4 playing seniors and a couple in bushies. Well done to swans but not a lot to come into that side. I saw the game and it was only late in the game that they dominated after a close first half. Couldn't understand why jesse finnen played down back, thought he might have played midfield. Next 3 weeks will show were the swannies are placed with games against Mooroopna, Ky and United coming up. They will be competitive this year and have a good style of play developing. A little bit of luck might even see them play a couple of final games. My only concern is their lack of bigger bodies and quality depth.

well done swannies! good effort by all, but i think the stand out player was Micka Magee, was a focul point up forward kicking 2 goals and missing 3, also great first game by chris grant, has had trouble with his legs in the past and is great to see him up and running!!
thanks for reading :thumbsu:

well done swannies! good effort by all, but i think the stand out player was Micka Magee, was a focul point up forward kicking 2 goals and missing 3, also great first game by chris grant, has had trouble with his legs in the past and is great to see him up and running!!
thanks for reading :thumbsu:

How'd Zack Betson go?

Who are the players that swans have to come in, knowing their list that was close to their best side. Dash played bushies, who else is there? Tat had about 4 playing seniors and a couple in bushies. Well done to swans but not a lot to come into that side. I saw the game and it was only late in the game that they dominated after a close first half. Couldn't understand why jesse finnen played down back, thought he might have played midfield. Next 3 weeks will show were the swannies are placed with games against Mooroopna, Ky and United coming up. They will be competitive this year and have a good style of play developing. A little bit of luck might even see them play a couple of final games. My only concern is their lack of bigger bodies and quality depth.

Dash wont play 3rds at all.. he will be into seniors straight away... matt parris and shuan power will come back in to provide depth in back line. brad said might come back to add some strength. jaydn newbignin also may play in the side. milli barolli and sen ismet will be edging to play in the side also

Status
Not open for further replies.