NuggNation Thread - 2023 NBA Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind the old Aba Nugz jerseys

images

I don't buy or wear other team's jerseys (used to when I was kid) but if I did, I would get this bad boy !

The Parade looked absolutely amazing. What a turnout. What a party.

So much footage on YouTube and Instagram if you want it.

But I'll just leave this one here. Coach Malone was best on ground. He was out there looking like El P from Run the Jewels, and was about he drop the hottest track of the year.

sqfkn5sag86b1.jpg

qgqjp8n0486b1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing Brown and Uncle Jeff hurts.

Brown taking a bigger offer was inevitable, and I hold no hard feeling.

I thought Green would hang about though.

I suppose we are going to be relying on Watson and Braun to get more time. Maybe Strawther will be a bench option too.

Compare the pair. These are the stats from the final two games in each series in which the player was eliminated, from 2019 to date.

Player A
Across 10 playoff games:
Mins - 38.30
Points - 22.50
Boards - 9.90
Assists - 1.60
FG - 39.4% (7.4 / 18.8)
3PT - 25.6% (1.1 / 4.3)
FT - 80% (7.2 / 9)
TO - 4.5
Plus/Minus - Minus 4.8

Player B
Across 8 playoff games:
Mins - 35.25
Points - 26.88
Boards - 12
Assists - 5.88
FG - 54.2% (10.5 / 19.38)
3PT - 36.4% (1.5 / 4.13)
FT - 77.8% (4.39 / 5.63)
TO - 2.88
Plus/Minus - Minus 3.63

Now only one of those players ever got criticism for playoff performances and was seemingly held to a different standard than the other.

That player also didn't have the luxury of playing with Butler, Harris (in his prime), Horford, Maxey, Harden and Simmons (who played much better than Player A in one of those games, which was a win). Player B got to play series with Barton, Campazzo and Reeves riding shotgun, and was lucky enough to have MPJ and Gordon in one series, and Murray in two others. Oops, did I give them players away?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back