NSW Covid outbreak

Remove this Banner Ad

Have they tried their local GP? We are having AstraZenaka on friday....I booked last friday and the only reason its a week to wait was our Doctor only works part time now.

Have been very dubious of having AZ but realised we had a choice of blood clots (AZ) enlarged heart (Pfizer) or Covid. We decided with our history the Covid would most likely kill us with our medical history. Reluctantly have booked in to get the only one available to us Boomers.

(if you don't see me around here again, just remember I loved most sports and being on this forum!:winkv1::laughv1:)
You’ll be fine. And you’ll be able to virtue signal 😉
AZ is a very good vaccine, used by many millions.

Its as simple as keeping the lights on. All green energy protagonists need to address is dispatchable power after dark. If coal were not available tonight, address the shortfall & outline the timeline to ensure households, hospitals & industry dont miss a beat.
Its not 'Einstein stuff'.
thats been done.

but thats not the point. its the obvious self-interest driven inconsistency/hypocrisy in how the libs determine when 'free market forces' should decide things.

Nuclear is the only sensible alternative.
Any plan needs to address the issues, the timeline we face as coal fired power stations end their useful life.
All viable alternatives should worked thru to ensure we keep the lights on. The first stage.of the Liddell close down is scheduled in 9 months

thats been done.

but thats not the point. its the obvious self-interest driven inconsistency/hypocrisy in how the libs determine when 'free market forces' should decide things.

State Governments of all colours have failed to accept their responsibility for keeping the lights on.

Ironically displaying more karen / boomer energy in this post than anyone you're criticising.

Our generation is f’ed that's for sure, but I think you are misplacing the rage just a little bit. As if random older people are the cause of that and not the mega rich.
not sure how any of that is karen energy. im not expecting preferential treatment, im just not going to take the 'risk' that the boomers arent willing to. if its not good enough for them, its not good enough for me. i was all up for getting AZ until the government said "cause the antivax boomers complained about it, they dont have to get AZ anymore. but you young people should go get it even though your actually at higher risk, though because we also said not to we wont cover your medical costs if you do have any side effects"

Last edited:
State Governments of all colours have failed to accept their responsibility for keeping the lights on.
indeed. you wont find me defending labors environmental record (logging the few koala habitats that werent destroyed by the fires for example) other than to say theyre at least a little bit better than the libs

Ironically displaying more karen / boomer energy in this post than anyone you're criticising.

Our generation is f’ed that's for sure, but I think you are misplacing the rage just a little bit. As if random older people are the cause of that and not the mega rich.

Who are the mega rich, a dime a dozen surely?

thats been done.

I beg to differ, all we have got is something will happen, as against every coal powered station having a working life that includes the close down.
There is a very clear time frame based on the closer of dispatchable power that 'keeps our lights on'.

I dont care which side of politics you want to blame this on, its the inactivity that concerns me. When the power switch doesnt give us lights ....

I beg to differ, all we have got is something will happen, as against every coal powered station having a working life that includes the close down.
There is a very clear time frame based on the closer of dispatchable power that 'keeps our lights on'.

I dont care which side of politics you want to blame this on, its the inactivity that concerns me. When the power switch doesnt give us lights ....
i mean, proving that renewables can provide baseload power has been done. there are numerous viable strategies from baseload power stations replacing coal to local or even household pwoer generation/storage technologies.

the issue isnt even that the feds arent investing in renewables (which they arent in any meaningful capacity), but that theyre actively inhibiting the investment in and building of renewable power infrastructure.

people blab on about renewables not being economically viable, conveniently forgetting that fossil fuels like coal, oil and gas arent economically viable without massive massive government subsidies.

i mean, proving that renewables can provide baseload power has been done. there are numerous viable strategies from baseload power stations replacing coal to local or even household pwoer generation/storage technologies.

the issue isnt even that the feds arent investing in renewables (which they arent in any meaningful capacity), but that theyre actively inhibiting the investment in and building of renewable power infrastructure.

people blab on about renewables not being economically viable, conveniently forgetting that fossil fuels like coal, oil and gas arent economically viable without massive massive government subsidies.

the viable strategies are white board material, unproven on the scale of the power stations being closed down or schedules to be closed down. That we need the Feds to step in demonstrates the dysfunction at State level & thats both sides of politics.
The east coast energy grid is not the business of the Feds, because some of the States have abdicated that space.
You are correct that people blab on, because it is very difficult to get behind the spin.
We need viable alternatives not ideology based opinion.

Why isnt WA power a mess?

the viable strategies are white board material, unproven on the scale of the power stations being closed down or schedules to be closed down. That we need the Feds to step in demonstrates the dysfunction at State level & thats both sides of politics.
The east coast energy grid is not the business of the Feds, because some of the States have abdicated that space.
You are correct that people blab on, because it is very difficult to get behind the spin.
We need viable alternatives not ideology based opinion.

Why isnt WA power a mess?
thats not true. there are a number of real world real working baseload renewable power technologies. ranging from things like hydro and geothermal, to the burning of clean fuels, to simply power storage. and there are technologies which work using single power stations, and technologies which have the power generation and storage in homes. there are a multitude of currently commercially available technologies for anyone who wants to do a little research.

and the idea that the feds have no role is rubbish. if they have no role, why are they funding and subsidising private coal/oil/gas operations? (heres just 1 example https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05...mits-600m-for-kurri-kurri-gas-plant/100147956) Why are they holding reviews to try and force banks/financial institutions to stop investing in renewables?

WA's power situation has no relevance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahah you're living in a fantasy world champ

big spike in deaths today. the death count is always behind the infection count (obviously gotta catch it before death) and if the death count spikes relative to the case count we could see some big numbers in the next few weeks :(

Yeah not great.

a joke that it takes the second (or is it the third) corruption investigation for this to happen. does resigning taker her out of the sights of the icac or can they still prosecute her?

mind you after they didnt last time, they probably wouldnt even prosecute her even with footage of her strangling babies.

a joke that it takes the second (or is it the third) corruption investigation for this to happen. does resigning taker her out of the sights of the icac or can they still prosecute her?

mind you after they didnt last time, they probably wouldnt even prosecute her even with footage of her strangling babies.
They can still prosecute

Remove this Banner Ad

Back