NSW Covid outbreak

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently so, but how are they getting out of melbourne I would like to know......if checked on the outskirts, doesn't it seem strange and unlikely to the police or whoever that it is probably not correct if they have a melbourne address.....just an excuse?

I can't get out to go see my family who are spread all around country vic.
No ring of steel , if they go into country shop owners ask for id and are not local are not served, if they get pick up by cops show document

my favourite is how the libs wont subsidise green energy etc because 'market forces should decide'

then when theres a community campaign to boycott businesses that use coal power, institutions (banks, super funds etc) pull funding from coal and into renewables, and power companies themselves are closing coal stations because theyre unprofitable, they kick up a stink and bang on about activists ruining things.

every single free market/civil libertarian does not actually want true freedom, they want freedom within the boundaries they set to benefit themselves only

Its as simple as keeping the lights on. All green energy protagonists need to address is dispatchable power after dark. If coal were not available tonight, address the shortfall & outline the timeline to ensure households, hospitals & industry dont miss a beat.
Its not 'Einstein stuff'.

have you tried booking a vaccination? theres months long waiting lists. if someone can get a jab in the country in 3 weeks instead of in the city in 8, then big deal. as long as there are boomers/antivaxxers/country bumpkins/conspiracy theorists with access to the jab refusing it, i dgaf about anyone putting in the effort to 'cheat' the system and get it. especially if its a young person faking being a boomer.

besides, theres nothing to back up that people are doing that anyway, except for the heresay of some guy on an internet forum.

Have they tried their local GP? We are having AstraZenaka on friday....I booked last friday and the only reason its a week to wait was our Doctor only works part time now.

Have been very dubious of having AZ but realised we had a choice of blood clots (AZ) enlarged heart (Pfizer) or Covid. We decided with our history the Covid would most likely kill us with our medical history. Reluctantly have booked in to get the only one available to us Boomers.

(if you don't see me around here again, just remember I loved most sports and being on this forum!:winkv1::laughv1:)

Last edited:

Apparently so, but how are they getting out of melbourne I would like to know......if checked on the outskirts, doesn't it seem strange and unlikely to the police or whoever that it is probably not correct if they have a melbourne address.....just an excuse?

I can't get out to go see my family who are spread all around country vic.
Getting vaccinated is a valid reason to leave your 5km, which is fair enough because some people mightn't have many clinics near them and many are booked out for weeks ahead. But if the report is true there should be something done to stop people taking the piss, whether that's a limit on how far you can go to get vaxxed, or not allowing people in metro to get vaxxed regional.

Have they tried their local GP? We are having AstraZenaka on friday....I booked last friday and the only reason its a week to wait was our Doctor only works part time now.

Have been very dubious of having AZ but realised we had a choice of blood clots (AZ) enlarged heart (Pfizer) or Covid. We decided with our history the Covid would most likely kill us with our medical history. Reluctantly have booked in to get the only one available to us Boomers.

(if you don't see me around here again, just remember I loved most sports and being on this forum!:winkv1::laughv1:)
Young people shouldn't have to accept az given its not good enough for the boomers. Especially since we are actually at higher risk. We aren't second class citizens who should be happy with the dregs of what they don't think is good enough for them.

Getting vaccinated is a valid reason to leave your 5km, which is fair enough because some people mightn't have many clinics near them and many are booked out for weeks ahead. But if the report is true there should be something done to stop people taking the piss, whether that's a limit on how far you can go to get vaxxed, or not allowing people in metro to get vaxxed regional.
If country people haven't bothered to fill their available slots why shouldn't metro people be able to fill them?

Young people shouldn't have to accept az given its not good enough for the boomers. Especially since we are actually at higher risk. We aren't second class citizens who should be happy with the dregs of what they don't think is good enough for them.

Neither are we oldies second class citizens.....AZ is all we can get by the way. Only Aged care and front line workers have had the Pfizer, now the younger ones as well. We over 60's have only ever been offered the AZ.

Last edited:
You are talking a 1 in a million chance.

Get vaccinated.

Plenty of boomers had AZ, probably because they dont take 'the pill', that also has blood clotting side effects.

Indeed. I'm also surprised that banks are profiting so much when all signs were supposed to be pointing to crisis. It also would have been possible to become a multi-millionaire via the stock market over the past couple of years if you knew where to invest your money.

Fair few things aren't adding up imo.
??

I don't understand your point. It adds up perfectly.

That's not the case everywhere.

The RBA discusses the strong position banks are currently in.

I didn't realise we're just talking about Oz.

You understand Banks in most parts of the World are regulated ? Certainly here in Australia.
If the RBA were to suggest banks are not in a strong position they, as the Regulator, would be negligent.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Why risk getting Covid to own the boomers. This is not smart.

If you can get Pfizer, get Pfizer. If you can get AZ, get AZ.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Why risk getting Covid to own the boomers. This is not smart.

If you can get Pfizer, get Pfizer. If you can get AZ, get AZ.
well im happy at home and can work just fine, so im just staying safe at home waiting for my second pfizer jab.

and its not about 'owning' the boomers. im just not going to accept being told to do something they are unwilling to do themselves. ive had enough of them ******* around with my life and talking down to me (and no thats not a parents issue, mine are great and are some of the few who actually care about young people).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am, ive got pfizer, but id get az if the government told the karen generation to gagf and get the az too. im just not going to take a risk the boomers arent wiling to take, especially since im at greater risk. i am not their canary.
So you're saying the vaccines have risk? Hmmn interesting.

have you tried booking a vaccination? theres months long waiting lists. if someone can get a jab in the country in 3 weeks instead of in the city in 8
Yeah I don’t think this is true any more. My partner tried to book a jab ages ago and she had to wait 8 weeks and the closest place to book was in the cbd. Lazy me tried to do it a few of weeks ago and could go twenty minutes down the road with no wait time.

Yeah I don’t think this is true any more. My partner tried to book a jab ages ago and she had to wait 8 weeks and the closest place to book was in the cbd. Lazy me tried to do it a few of weeks ago and could go twenty minutes down the road with no wait time.

If you want Pfizer it's a bit of a crapshoot because the supply is so inconsistent. You can luck out and get one straight away or have to wait a while.

Most places that offer AZ you can get same day.

i am, ive got pfizer, but id get az if the government told the karen generation to gagf and get the az too. im just not going to take a risk the boomers arent wiling to take, especially since im at greater risk. i am not their canary.

You are listening to people you dont respect, the 'boomer/karen' group. Think for yourself & ignore the negativity that permeates your world. Your choice.

..and you wonder why you are not treated with respect from older people that you think is your right.

Works both ways you know.....life isn't just all about you.

Try being nice to people in general, smile and be kind regardless of age. You just might be surprised.
Why would i respect a generation that spends every waking moment telling anyone who will listen that my entire generation (as well as the one before us) is lazy, selfish and self entitled, when all actual statistical analysis shows that we are working longer, harder, with more forced debts and fewer life opportunities. Boomers dont deserve the respect they demand. the first generation to put their own wealth and lifestyle above their descendants.

You are listening to people you dont respect, the 'boomer/karen' group. Think for yourself & ignore the negativity that permeates your world. Your choice.
no, if i were listening to the boomer/karens id be getting az so that they can get pfizer instead. luckily ive managed to get the pfizer for myself.

Its as simple as keeping the lights on. All green energy protagonists need to address is dispatchable power after dark. If coal were not available tonight, address the shortfall & outline the timeline to ensure households, hospitals & industry dont miss a beat.
Its not 'Einstein stuff'.
Nuclear is the only sensible alternative.

Why would i respect a generation that spends every waking moment telling anyone who will listen that my entire generation (as well as the one before us) is lazy, selfish and self entitled, when all actual statistical analysis shows that we are working longer, harder, with more forced debts and fewer life opportunities. Boomers dont deserve the respect they demand. the first generation to put their own wealth and lifestyle above their descendants.

Ironically displaying more karen / boomer energy in this post than anyone you're criticising.

Our generation is ****ed that's for sure, but I think you are misplacing the rage just a little bit. As if random older people are the cause of that and not the mega rich.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back