Northaholics anonymous

Remove this Banner Ad

Ignorance is bliss, mate. Delve a bit into where our last few years stack up historically. Go and have a look at the AFLTables graphic that shows the players with the worst W/L records of all time who've played more than 50 games. See that more than a quarter of the entire 40-man list comprises current North players.

This isn't a normal rebuild. It's a broken rebuild being undertaken by a thoroughly broken club. Your comment would've been fine in 2020. But we're past that point
I get the frustration Zoomba. I can't remember being so frustrated with our on field performances as I have been this year. It's bordered on traumatising actually.

But I don't agree the Club is thoroughly broken. Team yes. Club no.

We have strong membership numbers, minimal debt and strong sponsorship ties. Never been better. Even the crowds have been okay.

Imo the Club made the right decision in moving away from the impotent,
vanilla years of the Scott regime. Despite some Prelim finals, we were never winning a flag.

It feels warm and fuzzy to be good but it's pointless if you're not winning flags. For a minnow like us to survive longer term, we have to win flags.

The old leadership completely underestimated the perils of manufacturing a fall and while there's been some terrible decisions there have been things outside the Club's control also.

I remain confident in the new off field leadership team including a bloke who's arguably the best Coach of the last 40 years.

The team needs a huge shake up and that's already started. No one deserving of being moved on can be spared - including senior guys contracted or not. No one.

I don't mind the campaigners laughing in our faces tbh.

Truth is, they laughed at us in 2014 - 2016 - only difference was is it was behind our back.

You think you'll never be a Northaholic, and then one day find yourself having your photo taken with a statue ("metal figurine") of Liam Anthony....

Polish_20231212_194737153.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think you'll never be a Northaholic, and then one day find yourself having your photo taken with a statue ("metal figurine") of Liam Anthony....

View attachment 1870733

Needs a sign pointing at him saying “comes with a fourth rounder”

Recommendations for games to rewatch please?

Preferably from within the last 10years.
Despite the impossible amount of mediocrity during this period, we did play some exciting footy in between.

Off the top of my head:

• 2014 EF vs. *Essendon.
  • 2014 SF vs. Geelong.
  • 2015 EF vs. Richmond.
  • Round 16, 2014 vs. Hawthorn.
  • Round 15, 2013 vs. Richmond.
  • Round 19, 2013 vs. Geelong.
  • Round 12, 2014 vs. Richmond.
  • Round 21, 2015 vs. Freo.
  • Round 16, 2012 vs. Carlton.
  • Round 18, 2013 vs. Melbourne.
  • Round 22, 2019 vs. Poort.
  • Round 3, 2012 vs. Geelong.
  • Round 2, 2012 vs. GWS.
  • Round 13, 2012 vs. Adelaide.
  • Round 14, 2012 vs. St. Kilda.
  • Round 17, 2012 vs. Richmond.
  • Round 20, 2012 vs. *Essendon.
  • Round 21, 2012 vs. Collingwood.
  • Round 10, 2013 vs. St. Kilda.
  • Round 3, 2014 vs. Poort.
  • Round 1, 2016 vs. Adelaide.
  • Round 6, 2016 vs. Dogs.
Enjoy.

View attachment 1870733
You can be honest… that wasn’t a metal statue… it was actually Liam Anthony
And you can admit you are the real Liam Anthony…
You are infront of friends and can be honest

I honestly think I am footy depressed. Every time I feel like I see some positive signs we have a game like yesterday where virtually nobody turns up ready to play. Insipid, weak, leaderless players. OK - I feel better now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back