North Hobart - Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Definatly came from Clarence, Kim Farrow would be my tip, would hate to see K. Hall miss any finals action in his last yr of footy.
I dont quite understand this rule but I thought it was brought in for the bad behind the ball incedents like scott stephens a couple of yrs ago when he had his jaw broken.
Very poor form by the roos, I wonder if they would have lodged it if they had won

Well did the incident on Baker occur?

So the action was deemed as frivolous. They must have plenty of money to waste on being vindictive.

Allison's action after the game was pretty poor. I heard the verbal exchange and for a change Brown never instigated it. What was said to Allison was in retaliation. If you can't take it you should not give it Wonder whether there will be an inquiry into this. It was pretty pp effort

How are The Mighty Demons looking with recruiting?

Over heard one of their board members in the pub a week or so a go state that upto 10 players from their senior team and few more from their colts team won't be there. A few through retirement, Hall, Muir etc. Mustrocola to Clarence, Michael Fisher and a couple of others to DOSA. Any recruits for the Dees???

Over heard one of their board members in the pub a week or so a go state that upto 10 players from their senior team and few more from their colts team won't be there. A few through retirement, Hall, Muir etc. Mustrocola to Clarence, Michael Fisher and a couple of others to DOSA. Any recruits for the Dees???

a few old north players going back to have a crack the likes of michael hall, ben van krannen, nick carr, ben clarke. by the sounds of the players they are losing they will need these guys around.

a few old north players going back to have a crack the likes of michael hall, ben van krannen, nick carr, ben clarke. by the sounds of the players they are losing they will need these guys around.

None of the 4 mentioned will play at North. And even if they did, not 1 of them would get a game.

New recruit

Heard that Jamie Clarke had a run with North Hobart last week. If this is true then the leakage of players from Hobart continues!!!:footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a former NH player I was just trying to get a bit of info on how the boys are going to shape up this year.
Are there any new recruits? If so what position will they play? Who's dominating pre season? Who are the young guns to look out for this year?

With every other southern club getting some improvements done to their facilities, when does NHO get a face lift. 2 clubs play their. Its the best ground in Hobart.

unfortunately madmug the people & organisations who could get something done don't give a toss. Hobart City Council is full of anti-sport latte drinkers & Green party members who are as much anti sport as they are to mining ,forestry, aquaculture & anything else that might progress the state. As for AFL Tas they are just biding their time til they move onto their next empire at Bellerive oval.
Don't get me wrong tho' i reckon North Hobart is the best footy ground in the south of the state & deserves a much needed upgrade. I know the club is quietly confident of a 10 thousand strong crowd for this weekends NRL practice match, that should go a long way to prove what a great venue it is but i cannot see HCC taking any notice of it. they will just sit back & take their cut of the earnings.

unfortunately madmug the people & organisations who could get something done don't give a toss. Hobart City Council is full of anti-sport latte drinkers & Green party members who are as much anti sport as they are to mining ,forestry, aquaculture & anything else that might progress the state. As for AFL Tas they are just biding their time til they move onto their next empire at Bellerive oval.
Don't get me wrong tho' i reckon North Hobart is the best footy ground in the south of the state & deserves a much needed upgrade. I know the club is quietly confident of a 10 thousand strong crowd for this weekends NRL practice match, that should go a long way to prove what a great venue it is but i cannot see HCC taking any notice of it. they will just sit back & take their cut of the earnings.

Every other state wants to keep a major sport facility in or near the CBD. The green space can be used for sport & most any other sort of outdoor activity. Down here we seem to want to split things up & we end up with half arsed uneconomic facilities. I just dont understand the stupid head in the sand attitude of the HCC & others
Maybe the sooner we amalgamate councils the better.

demons must have got a few $$$$$ out of the NRL trial game ! needed a crowd of 5k to break even got almost 11k plus grog and food ! nce little earner for them :thumbsu:

demons must have got a few $$$$$ out of the NRL trial game ! needed a crowd of 5k to break even got almost 11k plus grog and food ! nce little earner for them :thumbsu:

Seeing that the board did not want anything to do with the idea to start with, im sure they are more than happy that they changed thier minds.

Was a great day, great crowd. Congrats to the organisers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back