North Hobart - Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Last 2 Games 2011

Not so sure on this, going by todays paper... if Glenorchy win, and Lauderdale give Hobart a touch up, North Hobart could easily slip to 6th if Clarence win easily.

Not sure how accurate the paper was, but id imagine Lauderdale would need 100+ win and North lose by 50+ (can anyone help with rough idea?) for north to slip out of the finals!

Clarence might rest a few, but i dare say the last roster game isn't the time to do so!

Can't see it. As it stands (points for v against/100 gives a percentage as we know:p) North have a positive of for - against of +252, Glenorchy +192 & Lauderdale +103. So Lauderdale have to make up 252points & Glenorchy 60points on North (ie Lauderdale beat Hobart by 151, Glenorchy win by 61 & Clarence win by 100) So I think North a fairly safe:D

TV coverage has to come into play with the schedule too...ABC contracted to cover a Saturday game and wont travel past Aurora Stadium.

Burnie haven't beaten anybody of note all year, all their wins against the bottom four teams. If the draw was fair, and every side played each other once, Burnie wouldnt even be in the finals!!! I can't see them getting over Glenorchy at KGV, they'll get flogged by Clarence at Bellerive in the first week of finals and probably bundled out by Glenorchy or North Hobart in the second week despite it being held in the north.

Im not saying there goining to beat clarence or glenorchy but the played clarence and north hobart early in the season and have improved a fair bit south launceston nearly beat them round 2 or 3 so they couldnt have been great early and they beat lauderdale by 40 odd so i wouldnt under estimate them as they should have rolled launceston at aurora last week just couldnt finish the goals

Im not saying there goining to beat clarence or glenorchy but the played clarence and north hobart early in the season and have improved a fair bit south launceston nearly beat them round 2 or 3 so they couldnt have been great early and they beat lauderdale by 40 odd so i wouldnt under estimate them as they should have rolled launceston at aurora last week just couldnt finish the goals

The strength or weakness of any team is the bottom 6 or so players.

North Hobart have a pretty well balanced team and it should stand them in good stead for a crack at the finals.

Spend a bit of time analysing all teams in the finals and this may give an indication of who is in with a real chance.

The strength or weakness of any team is the bottom 6 or so players.

North Hobart have a pretty well balanced team and it should stand them in good stead for a crack at the finals.

Spend a bit of time analysing all teams in the finals and this may give an indication of who is in with a real chance.

Lauderdale may have showed that if you stop the Clarence midfield then you have a good chance at beating them. Obviously their bottom 6 cant be that good. I suppose all will be revealed on saturday :D

Lauderdale may have showed that if you stop the Clarence midfield then you have a good chance at beating them. Obviously their bottom 6 cant be that good. I suppose all will be revealed on saturday :D

But they didn't stop them, the lost!! With Clarence having some notables out as well as suffering injuries during the game.

But they didn't stop them, the lost!! With Clarence having some notables out as well as suffering injuries during the game.

True but Lauderdale are 6th. They are not a Launceston or a North Hobart who are a lot stronger & more experienced than them. ( North Hobart flogged them in the wet 3 weeks ago.) So who are the injured? will they be right for finals? I saw gilmour with a sling on so everyone knows he has a crook shoulder. Would he survive a 'close' inspection by the opposition players:p.

True but Lauderdale are 6th. They are not a Launceston or a North Hobart who are a lot stronger & more experienced than them. ( North Hobart flogged them in the wet 3 weeks ago.) So who are the injured? will they be right for finals? I saw gilmour with a sling on so everyone knows he has a crook shoulder. Would he survive a 'close' inspection by the opposition players:p.

Roo you had one injury during the game in Thurley. if clarence play like they did against lauderdale against launceston, they will get pumped.

heard a whisper today that geappen is considering resting thurley,o'brien,sharman & standen this saturday. all have played every game & he seems to think a spell by them will help. i'm sure a loss going into finals would'nt be the ideal preparation tho'

Can't see it. As it stands (points for v against/100 gives a percentage as we know:p) North have a positive of for - against of +252, Glenorchy +192 & Lauderdale +103. So Lauderdale have to make up 252points & Glenorchy 60points on North (ie Lauderdale beat Hobart by 151, Glenorchy win by 61 & Clarence win by 100) So I think North a fairly safe:D

Your maths is slightly out...a Lauderdale win and a North Hobart loss will see both teams' differential come towards each other...a Lauderdale win by 100 points and a Clarence win by 50 (or 75-75, that sort of thing) will see Lauderdale edge ahead by 1 point...if this happens, Lauderdale's lower Points For for the season will see them in easily...would have to get the calculator out, but if NH lost by 50 and Lauderdale won by 90 in a typical scoring game, the Bombers would make it...and even further, if Lauderdale won by 90, any Glenorchy loss at all would see the Magpies out...

It's a long shot but still a distinct possibility (I'd call it a $3.00-$4.00 bet) for Lauderdale to edge North Hobart out...

Your maths is slightly out...a Lauderdale win and a North Hobart loss will see both teams' differential come towards each other...a Lauderdale win by 100 points and a Clarence win by 50 (or 75-75, that sort of thing) will see Lauderdale edge ahead by 1 point...if this happens, Lauderdale's lower Points For for the season will see them in easily...would have to get the calculator out, but if NH lost by 50 and Lauderdale won by 90 in a typical scoring game, the Bombers would make it...and even further, if Lauderdale won by 90, any Glenorchy loss at all would see the Magpies out...

It's a long shot but still a distinct possibility (I'd call it a $3.00-$4.00 bet) for Lauderdale to edge North Hobart out...

Yes, With my grade 6 level maths I was showing that North Hobart should be safe in 4th spot. The battle will be between Glenorchy & Lauderdale for 5th spot. That depends firstly on whether Glenorchy can win & secondly how much of an effort Hobart can put up. I think they only just lost the last time the played down their. Also will Clarence rest players one week prior to finals?It wouldnt make sense IMO. Surely You would want your best team playing 1 week before the finals start?. Anyway, Its a good finish to the roster season.

Well, so much for that...seemed like a great theoretical analysis at the time...!

Burnie open up a can of STFU and spray it all over everyone in sight...one win doesn't make a season, but at least noone can say they haven't beaten anyone in the 5 or away, and it wasn't like Glenorchy weren't getting their act together lately...might all be for nought, you'd think Clarence will be all business next week, and North Hobart made a pretty big statement, but then again, we were so sure how this round would turn out...!

Pity Lauderdale weren't up to the task...I was enjoying South's lofty stay in 8th...!

demons 95 - roos - 76 !!!!!!!!!!

dockers - 76 - pies - 42

tigers - 109 - bombers - 78

north launy and blues easy as well

thats it folks

Nth Hobart seem like a real threat and a very strong chance of winning the flag, something that did not look likely a few months ago. Amazing what can happen when you get rid of the cancer that can destabilise a club.
I compare you guys to the Carlton football club - they got rid of their ******** Fev and have flourished ever since, allowing the youngsters to blossom. You guys get rid of Brown, everyone seems relaxed, and content and enjoying their footy, which has led to your club being a real chance to win the flag!! I feel sorry for Glenorchy,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what a weekend. I thought Lauderdale would play finals but they s**t themselves & Hobart got some real pride back. Next week will be interesting.
On Saturday shaky Clarence play Burnie on a roll. On Sunday shaky Glenorchy play North Hobart on a roll.
Will Clarence need post match excuses next week:eek: Time will tell:D

Nth Hobart seem like a real threat and a very strong chance of winning the flag, something that did not look likely a few months ago. Amazing what can happen when you get rid of the cancer that can destabilise a club.
I compare you guys to the Carlton football club - they got rid of their ******** Fev and have flourished ever since, allowing the youngsters to blossom. You guys get rid of Brown, everyone seems relaxed, and content and enjoying their footy, which has led to your club being a real chance to win the flag!! I feel sorry for Glenorchy,

What young blokes? Name Them?
And don't worry Madmug, the roos are coming!

McCulloch, M Allison, Dobosz, Schade, Nichols 4th best on last week, even Gardham who's only 20-21 and having a good year.

But yes, very silly for anyone to write off Clarence. Proven finals performers.

Have all these guys been given an opportunity under Lance. Most of them played seniors last year didn't they? Except for Dobosz i think. I would have said their older players have stepped up the last couple of weeks, Hall and P.Allison to the back line have steadied the Dees. Getting Muir back helps. If we kicked straight on the weekend we would have beaten them by 8 goals!! Won't happen again.

McCulloch, M Allison, Dobosz, Schade, Nichols 4th best on last week, even Gardham who's only 20-21 and having a good year.

But yes, very silly for anyone to write off Clarence. Proven finals performers.

No body should write anybody off at this stage. It was just nice to see Geappen waffling some excuses again. Saying that if you didnt look at the scoreboard then it looked like Clarence were winning the match. What an immagination:p You should look at the scoreboard. That DOES tell you who's winning!!!!
I think this weekend will be full of good footy. Burnie showed something & so did North Hobart. So we may get some close games.

Have all these guys been given an opportunity under Lance. Most of them played seniors last year didn't they? Except for Dobosz i think. I would have said their older players have stepped up the last couple of weeks, Hall and P.Allison to the back line have steadied the Dees. Getting Muir back helps. If we kicked straight on the weekend we would have beaten them by 8 goals!! Won't happen again.

31 scoring shots to 30. should have won by 8 goals pfffttt.
geappen excuses a continuation of his season long arrogance.
as usual does not pay any respect to opposition

The Roos have put complaints in against divenuto and hall, not like the roos to go down this path, are they feeling a little nervous on the eastern shore????

they have lodged complaints for video evidence on divenuto striking baker and hall for high contact on paine, they must have borrowed this technique off there fellow eastern shore club

Did not see the divenuto incident, but i did see the hall one and didn't think there was much in it. I suggest both will be safe. And are you sure we lodge the complaints or have they come directly from afl tas?

they have lodged complaints for video evidence on divenuto striking baker and hall for high contact on paine, they must have borrowed this technique off there fellow eastern shore club

softc..ks.
where was norths complaint after savage elbowed lapolla to the snout in their last game at bellerive.
if it is pretty minor & no one is injured
, whats the point? i did not see either of these guys come off the ground.
as said before, i think the roos are feeling the pressure a tad.

Did not see the divenuto incident, but i did see the hall one and didn't think there was much in it. I suggest both will be safe. And are you sure we lodge the complaints or have they come directly from afl tas?
Definatly came from Clarence, Kim Farrow would be my tip, would hate to see K. Hall miss any finals action in his last yr of footy.
I dont quite understand this rule but I thought it was brought in for the bad behind the ball incedents like scott stephens a couple of yrs ago when he had his jaw broken.
Very poor form by the roos, I wonder if they would have lodged it if they had won

Remove this Banner Ad

Back