Non-NJPW Puroresu

Remove this Banner Ad

Muta's post-match backstage promo, not so much of a fun spectacle. :think:

The heck was this?! This ruined the whole thing.

I didn't think it was much of a show. You'd think NOAH would've put more into showing out the best you possibly can with the extra eyes - I didn't think think they did this at all.

First NOAH show I can remember watching since their golden era, I don't think I'll be watching any more.

I wonder if that comment from Muta is bad enough to impact Sting and Darby...

it felt like a fairly typical big NOAH show to me. Kaito/Kenoh undeniably the highlight and a great great match. Muta/Nakamura was about as good as that could be, and the KENTA/Marufuji tag match was very good too. NOAH generally does the entrances very well and did so again and the production was good as always. The lower card was mediocre, the junior title matches, ehhh (but a great finish for the Jr Tag match) and that was Big Tim Thatcher at his most boring.

The main problem I had with the show was this: as harsh as it would have been to the lower card, once the Naka appearance was organised, this card should have been turned into a mini cyberfight fest in the lower card instead of the boring NOAH multiman matches that we got. Yes, the purpose behind Muta/Nakamura was to get a big crowd number, and they doubled last year's Budokan attendance so it worked, but presumably they also want folks to sign up to Wrestle Universe and stay signed up and it feels like a missed opportunity to show off the wider talent in the Wrestle Universe world. (and wrestle universe is the best damn service out there imo). TJPW have got their annual 4th of January show which will almost certainly be an extremely good show (because it's TJPW at Korakuen Hall and it's almost always great) and I don't think it was mentioned once on commentary. Put a TJPW tag on the card! Spend the whole match putting over that you can watch their show in 3 days time (at a very friendly American time) and that you've already paid for it so check it out! Last year's Cyberfight fest had a big match between Katsuhiko Nakajima and friends vs DDT's Tetsuya Endo/Jun Akiyama/Kazusada Higuchi stopped abruptly due to an injury. Here would have been the perfect chance to re-do that match between 3 of DDT's best (and current champion in Higuchi who has been an amazing champion). Hell, even last week the Ganbare brand within Wrestle Universe had a main event between Mizuki Watase and Australia's Hartley Jackson which was bloody great. Put together a Ganbare tag too and talk about that great match that happened last week which can be viewed with your new Wrestle Universe subscription. And it's not like this was a NOAH only card. We had two Dragon Gate guys, two NJPW guys, one WWE guy and I suspect basically another WWE guy in Timothy Thatcher and the current governor of Ishikawa. It feels like NOAH doesn't want to admit that they're part of the same company as DDT, TJPW and Ganbare...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleavy do you watch much/any Sendai?

I somehow missed that Aussie star Lena Kross had recently done a tour, I was wondering if its worth checking out.

card for Muto's final show on 21/02/2023.
  • Starting Love tag: Masa Kitamiya and Daiki Inaba vs. Yoshiki Inamura and Yasutaka Yano
  • TJPW Spark: Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki, Rika Tatsumi, and Shoko Nakajima vs. Mizuki, Maki Itoh, Miu Watanabe, Yuki Arai
  • World Warrior Battle 6-Man tag: Takashi Sugiura, Satoshi Kojima, and Timothy Thatcher vs. Good Looking Guys (Anthony Greene, Jack Morris & Jake Lee)
  • New Explosion 10-Man tag: Eita, Yoshinari Ogawa, Hayata, Daga, and Chris Ridgeway vs. Atsushi Kotoge, YO-HEY, Seki Yoshioka, Alejandro and Junta Miyawaki
  • Dramatic Dream Future 8-Man tag: Shunma Katsumata, Mao, Toui Kojima, and Yuki Ueno vs. Tetsuya Endo, Yuya Koroku, Hideki Okatani, and Takeshi Masada
  • Dragongate vs. NOAH 6-Man tag: Dragongate (Shun Skywalker, Kai, and Diamante) vs. NOAH (Naomichi Marufuji, Hijo Del Dr. Wagner Jr., and Ninja Mack)
  • AJPW vs. NOAH 6-Man tag: AJPW (Kento Miyahara, Suwama, and Yuma Aoyagi) vs. NOAH/Kongo (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, and Manabu Soya)
  • Final De Lucha Tag: Gedo and Taiji Ishimori vs. NOSAWA Rongai and MAZADA
  • Tokyo Tornado: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Amakusa
  • Shinning Through: IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada vs. GHC Heavyweight Champion Kaito Kiyomiya
  • Pro-Wrestling "Last" Love: Keiji Muto vs. Tetsuya Naito

card for Muto's final show on 21/02/2023.
  • Starting Love tag: Masa Kitamiya and Daiki Inaba vs. Yoshiki Inamura and Yasutaka Yano
  • TJPW Spark: Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki, Rika Tatsumi, and Shoko Nakajima vs. Mizuki, Maki Itoh, Miu Watanabe, Yuki Arai
  • World Warrior Battle 6-Man tag: Takashi Sugiura, Satoshi Kojima, and Timothy Thatcher vs. Good Looking Guys (Anthony Greene, Jack Morris & Jake Lee)
  • New Explosion 10-Man tag: Eita, Yoshinari Ogawa, Hayata, Daga, and Chris Ridgeway vs. Atsushi Kotoge, YO-HEY, Seki Yoshioka, Alejandro and Junta Miyawaki
  • Dramatic Dream Future 8-Man tag: Shunma Katsumata, Mao, Toui Kojima, and Yuki Ueno vs. Tetsuya Endo, Yuya Koroku, Hideki Okatani, and Takeshi Masada
  • Dragongate vs. NOAH 6-Man tag: Dragongate (Shun Skywalker, Kai, and Diamante) vs. NOAH (Naomichi Marufuji, Hijo Del Dr. Wagner Jr., and Ninja Mack)
  • AJPW vs. NOAH 6-Man tag: AJPW (Kento Miyahara, Suwama, and Yuma Aoyagi) vs. NOAH/Kongo (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, and Manabu Soya)
  • Final De Lucha Tag: Gedo and Taiji Ishimori vs. NOSAWA Rongai and MAZADA
  • Tokyo Tornado: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Amakusa
  • Shinning Through: IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada vs. GHC Heavyweight Champion Kaito Kiyomiya
  • Pro-Wrestling "Last" Love: Keiji Muto vs. Tetsuya Naito

That's awesome. I love how Japan can put together these incredible shows with people from across a bunch of companies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back