Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s great watching Sammy Mitchell doing so well. Jeff Kennett must be so happy with the success of his succession plan. Keep it up you useless bunch of ***ts.
Clarko isn’t doing too flash at norf either, we might have to make Jeffrey a life member if he’s blown up two clubs

Horks fans booing Chol apparently?

Well deserved Bronx cheers. Had 4 touches and absolutely no impact in the first half and also decked someone off the ball while Hardwicks set shot was sailing through the goals post high, so cost them one for no reason as well.

I really really hope that Hawthorne are in the midst of an almighty club crisis implosion that decimates their culture of sucess and leaves them vulnerable to the financial pressures of being a bandwagon club that struggles to survive when they are unsuccessful. I want to see the club tin-rattling with Don Scott waving his moth-eaten poos and wees scarf in front of a hord(e) of dejected supporters hoping to hold back the inevitable merger with Melbourne.

heck Hawthorne.

Edit: apologies to all my Hawthorne supporting friends out there for saying all this. But then again, why am I even friends with you? heck you too weirdos!

Openly blamed the players. Good work.

I don't know about that, certainly not to an unreasonable extent.

Clearly Mitchell/Hawthorn put it on Chol at half time because he was much more aggressive and influential in the second half (after an insipid first half).

It was a weird game. There were a lot of things in that game that superficially looked good for Hawthorn. They seemed to get the game played in the way they wanted. This is reflected in the numbers, uncontested game aside, and territory.

Question then becomes whether the numbers are artificial because Hawthorn had more numbers around the ball, which then robs them of forward efficiency and compromises their ability to defend, or whether they reflect an actual tactical/head to head win.

I can't say. Mitchell clearly thinks they had the game on their terms. But Sydney is not really a clearance team it's a ball movement team these days. So if you've given them 50 more uncontested possessions you've lost.

The margin did blow out in the first half on the back of that Chol incident and a few bad shots on goal. It becomes hard to hold on then.

But then, if you have to take every chance to be close enough you're not really close are you?

There have been worse performances which haven't been as heavy. I wouldn't be worried but then I'm not watching them every week and don't know whether they've hit some fools gold (as we have numerous times over the last 7 years).

Always good for a laugh.. especially when they weren't even a team that truly got reemed this weekend. Saints on the other hand have just cause for a please explain.. they got robbed bad. Umpiring across the board is getting worse. It is deciding a lot more games than it should. Umpires have always been able to change the course of a match but right now they are deciding the outcome of at least 2 games a weekend.. possibly more.

They have a point, it was a weirdly umpired game. Some of the clear holding the balls missed were bad, and a weird insufficient intent that's been called every day but for some reason not against cats.

Don't think they were robbed but there were quite a few howlers which is probably the ones they are complaining about, not the volume of free kicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about that, certainly not to an unreasonable extent.

Clearly Mitchell/Hawthorn put it on Chol at half time because he was much more aggressive and influential in the second half (after an insipid first half).

It was a weird game. There were a lot of things in that game that superficially looked good for Hawthorn. They seemed to get the game played in the way they wanted. This is reflected in the numbers, uncontested game aside, and territory.

Question then becomes whether the numbers are artificial because Hawthorn had more numbers around the ball, which then robs them of forward efficiency and compromises their ability to defend, or whether they reflect an actual tactical/head to head win.

I can't say. Mitchell clearly thinks they had the game on their terms. But Sydney is not really a clearance team it's a ball movement team these days. So if you've given them 50 more uncontested possessions you've lost.

The margin did blow out in the first half on the back of that Chol incident and a few bad shots on goal. It becomes hard to hold on then.

But then, if you have to take every chance to be close enough you're not really close are you?

There have been worse performances which haven't been as heavy. I wouldn't be worried but then I'm not watching them every week and don't know whether they've hit some fools gold (as we have numerous times over the last 7 years).
Nope. He said "...we are going for big risky kicks when the instruction was the opposite"

I appreciate the insight into the game though because I haven't seen it. I'm on holidays 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Back