MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Blakey a bounce hungry monster as well.
We should have Rivers doing similar, looked good late last year when he took the game on with some run and dont argues, gone into his shell a bit this year.

Christ on a bike, what have I missed here?
Id ban me an rude if I was a mod probably
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Against Carlton we had more inside 50s than Sydney had against them, and we also kept the Blues to less inside 50s than they did.
We lose and Sydney absolutely murder them.

Footy is funny.
Just highlights how shit our game style is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against Carlton we had more inside 50s than Sydney had against them, and we also kept the Blues to less inside 50s than they did.
We lose and Sydney absolutely murder them.

Footy is funny.
Their forward half is so much more functional than ours. Papley isn't even playing well and it's humming. Our forward half is a mess. Plus we have Oliver, Viney and Sparrow kicking it forward compared to Warner, Gulden and the Lizard.

It's Sydney then daylight atm. Looking like a Swans/Pies GF. Giants have fallen in a heap and struggle in Melbourne too much. Cats are real wobbly. We're not a consistent threat to the best teams. Port are flaky as always. If Pies stay fit, they are a big chance to go back to back against another interstate side at their home ground!

Their forward half is so much more functional than ours. Papley isn't even playing well and it's humming. Our forward half is a mess. Plus we have Oliver, Viney and Sparrow kicking it forward compared to Warner, Gulden and the Lizard.

It's Sydney then daylight atm. Looking like a Swans/Pies GF. Giants have fallen in a heap and struggle in Melbourne too much. Cats are real wobbly. We're not a consistent threat to the best teams. Port are flaky as always. If Pies stay fit, they are a big chance to go back to back against another interstate side at their home ground!
Injuries have quietened the Giants. They will be back.

I would like 1 Warner and 1 McLean and 1 McDonald, thank you.
In exchange we can unload Sparrow, Brown, Salem, Bowey, Schache and Billings.

Last edited:
Yeah Swans can win both ways. Not often you see a team as good as them offensively and defensively in the same season. Said it last week but sort of reminds me of us in 2021.
Having a healthy list really helps. We had very minimal injuries to deal with in 21

Sydney just play such a pretty brand of footy, once they got the contested side of their game up to scratch it was always going to be extremely difficult for the rest of the league.

Weirdly I think at our best we could probably match up OK on them as we've really improved our runners, but also if they kick over 80pt we're really going to struggle with our current style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back