MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't watching at this point, but was it ex-Melbourne-listed Andre Gianfagna?
Dunno. Just assumed it was someone who had never played coz it was clearly a skill error not intentional.

Can't see anyone beating the Swans this year unless they get smashed with injuries, they do it both ways really well. Perfectly balanced game style.

We really shouldn't play primetime slots, this is so much better, chuck us on at 2:10pm Saturdays or 1:10pm Sundays pls.

I played forward in under 13's , full forward and part time ruck in under 15s , centre half back mainly and occasionally forward in under 18's, half back in seniors.

I liked playing forward most but enjoyed the backline still. Under 18 coach did me dirty turning me into a backman. Started as a forward, kick 14 goals in first 3 rounds and the coach moved me into to defense coz I was kicking more goals than his goal hungess son. Hardly ever played forward again unless we had some injuries.

Nothing worse than cringe parents favouring their kids in sport. Don't coach if you can't be unbiased.

I played forward in under 13's , full forward and part time ruck in under 15s , centre half back mainly and occasionally forward in under 18's, half back in seniors.

I liked playing forward most but enjoyed the backline still. Under 18 coach did me dirty turning me into a backman. Started as a forward, kick 14 goals in first 3 rounds and the coach moved me into to defense coz I was kicking more goals than his goal hungess son. Hardly ever played forward again unless we had some injuries.

Nothing worse than cringe parents favouring their kids in sport. Don't coach if you can't be unbiased.
Yep I was a bit of everything but shit forward tbh always thought I was unlucky but just read the game better as a defender.
I was a CHB and a centre square tagger. Decent winger as well but played best stopping someone else.
Talentless hack I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I was a bit of everything but s**t forward tbh always thought I was unlucky but just read the game better as a defender.
I was a CHB and a centre square tagger. Decent winger as well but played best stopping someone else.
Talentless hack I guess
Nothing wrong with tagging mate. Even if you're talentless you can contribute massively by being disciplined enough not to chase kicks and just focus on shutting someone down.

Nothing wrong with tagging mate. Even if you're talentless you can contribute massively by being disciplined enough not to chase kicks and just focus on shutting someone down.
I was a better defender, I saw the game really well and I could get a fist on any ball knew exactly which angle to be at to stop the forward getting the ball. Loved tagging honestly wrecking someone elses day who just wanted some easy kicks in the middle was the best. Plus you could get away with shitloads off the ball in country footy lol

I loved the guys who were taggers in my sides, All of them great blokes who only cared about winning. When they kicked a goal we'd run from everywhere and get around them.

I was a better defender, I saw the game really well and I could get a fist on any ball knew exactly which angle to be at to stop the forward getting the ball. Loved tagging honestly wrecking someone elses day who just wanted some easy kicks in the middle was the best. Plus you could get away with shitloads off the ball in country footy lol

I played ruck/fwd a bunch in juniors but in my later teenage years went down back and loved it. Ball is way easier to mark in defence and I was never the quickest guy so only running one direciton generally benefited me.

I played ruck/fwd a bunch in juniors but in my later teenage years went down back and loved it. Ball is way easier to mark in defence and I was never the quickest guy so only running one direciton generally benefited me.
Especially at the level we played at, forward you're relying on good delivery whereas down back it's all shit delivery which helps. I'm only 5'10 aswell but I had a good jump and longish arms. Jared Rivers type maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back